Post a reply

Re: What will be Ronnie's first tournament this season?

Postby vodkadiet

The state of the some of the people in that video... Are these the poster children of the vegan movement?

Remember, anarchy is never the solution.[/quote]

It is very common for those who consume 'animal flesh' to use diversion tactics to take the focus away from the victims.[/quote]

I would not want to associate myself with these unsavoury types. Especially that one middle-aged, bald idiot with the tattoos on his head. People like this give Animal Rights acvtivists a bad name. I’m actually very surprised you would go around posting these videos like they’re a good thing. Anarchy and lawbreaking should not be encouraged.[/quote]
You have a point, although I am sympathetic to these people's viewpoints. Letting everyone know how morally superior you are, no matter how well-placed it is, is no way to get people to follow what you're saying. it does not work.[/quote]

People who are non Vegan always try to deflect the conversation away from the fact their life choices are cruel. And you will find that people who convert to Veganism are not dissuaded by seeing images of a few violent Vegans. Most Vegans aren't violent. And those convert to Veganism realise that all that matters is the fact is it simply wrong and immoral.

Just be honest and say you don't care how suffering you cause to innocent beings, just as long as you satisfy your taste buds. Yes, and that makes you very, very selfish.
Last edited by vodkadiet on 02 Aug 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby vodkadiet

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I agree with your principles and admire your dedication to the cause Vodka.
I did a year as a vegetarian and did not miss meat, but slipped back into carnivorous ways.
Do you have to eat supplements if you are a vegan?

Good question Badsnookerplayer.

I only need to take one B12 tablet per day, and a small amount of yeast; i.e. Marmite. Although I don't buy Marmite as they are owned by Unilver. I buy the reduced salt yeast jar in Sainsbury's.

So, you got lured back in to 'Carnist' ways?!! I have heard that many times! Make yourself accountable! Have a stronger will!

Postby Pink Ball

I'm not deflecting at all, and if you think I am, allow me to make my point.

As the years have gone by, I have questioned myself more and more about consumption of meat. Not so much consumption of items such as eggs, milk etc., admittedly.

Up to five years ago, I gave it no thought. But when o did start to think about it, I found it very hard to justify eating an animal that was killed by humans. Well, it wasn't so much the eating part of it as the killing itself.

I do not believe it is okay to kill an animal. And I don't care if it's done 'humanely'. What does that even mean? If the Nazis had taken millions of lives by putting their victims to sleep rather than making them choke on gas, would that have been okay? Of course not.

Up to three years ago, I felt I would never become a vegetarian as I enjoy meat products too much. That's my only defence: I like meat products -- which is, really, no defence at all.

So, yeah, I now feel I actually want to be a vegetarian. Not because of being lectured -- which I actually think slowed down my path to this decision -- but through my own thinking.

No time like the present. I will give it a go. But I would like to think I will convert more people to doing the same by not acting morally superior. Even if I am!

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Great post that PB.
Like you, I could not lose the eggs, cheese and milk but it was amazingly easy to cut out the meat. In my experience you have to like mushrooms though.

I'm mulling over giving it another go after reading your post as it has made me think hard.

One thing I thought about though - didn't you mention that you keep livestock? Not that there is anything wrong with that or even my place to pass comment but I was just interested.

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Great post that PB.
Like you, I could not lose the eggs, cheese and milk but it was amazingly easy to cut out the meat. In my experience you have to like mushrooms though.

I'm mulling over giving it another go after reading your post as it has made me think hard.

One thing I thought about though - didn't you mention that you keep livestock? Not that there is anything wrong with that or even my place to pass comment but I was just interested.

Thanks Bad Snooker Player.

No, I don't mind you asking. I do not keep livestock, but like so many in rural Ireland, I grew up on a farm which kept livestock. That wasn't today or yesterday. My old fella has not kept animals for some time now. Age catches up with everyone.

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:As genetically engineered food improves and advances, in future we won’t need to slaughter animals for our meat intake.

Animal “cruelty” won’t end overnight, but it will happen eventually.

I believe you're right, and humans will one day look back at our days as carnivores with shame

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:

No, I don't mind you asking. I do not keep livestock, but like so many in rural Ireland, I grew up on a farm which kept livestock. That wasn't today or yesterday. My old fella has not kept animals for some time now. Age catches up with everyone.

I once visited a rural part of Ireland. It was called Dublin.
Last edited by Cloud Strife on 03 Aug 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

I once visited a rural part of Ireland. It was called Dublin city centre.

They're trumpers

Postby vodkadiet

Pink Ball wrote:I'm not deflecting at all, and if you think I am, allow me to make my point.

As the years have gone by, I have questioned myself more and more about consumption of meat. Not so much consumption of items such as eggs, milk etc., admittedly.

Up to five years ago, I gave it no thought. But when o did start to think about it, I found it very hard to justify eating an animal that was killed by humans. Well, it wasn't so much the eating part of it as the killing itself.

I do not believe it is okay to kill an animal. And I don't care if it's done 'humanely'. What does that even mean? If the Nazis had taken millions of lives by putting their victims to sleep rather than making them choke on gas, would that have been okay? Of course not.

Up to three years ago, I felt I would never become a vegetarian as I enjoy meat products too much. That's my only defence: I like meat products -- which is, really, no defence at all.

So, yeah, I now feel I actually want to be a vegetarian. Not because of being lectured -- which I actually think slowed down my path to this decision -- but through my own thinking.

No time like the present. I will give it a go. But I would like to think I will convert more people to doing the same by not acting morally superior. Even if I am!

PinkBall

I am not in this to be morally superior. My only aim is to help animals by being 'a voice' for them and their right to live.

Look, not all 'flesh eaters' are the same. You are no doubt one of the more thoughtful and compassionate ones.

I get the fact that some people love the taste of 'meat'. I am lucky in that I never liked 'meat' anyway. I am not really a big eater and don't have a sweet tooth. Funny thing, taste buds.

Anyway, I am glad to hear that you and Badsnookerplayer are going to try to eliminate meat from your diet.

Check out a guy called Joey Carbstrong on Youtube.

<ok>

Postby Pink Ball

vodkadiet wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I'm not deflecting at all, and if you think I am, allow me to make my point.

PinkBall

I am not in this to be morally superior. My only aim is to help animals by being 'a voice' for them and their right to live.

Look, not all 'flesh eaters' are the same. You are no doubt one of the more thoughtful and compassionate ones.

I get the fact that some people love the taste of 'meat'. I am lucky in that I never liked 'meat' anyway. I am not really a big eater and don't have a sweet tooth. Funny thing, taste buds.

Anyway, I am glad to hear that you and Badsnookerplayer are going to try to eliminate meat from your diet.

Check out a guy called Joey Carbstrong on Youtube.

<ok>

I appreciate that your concern comes from a very good place, don't get me wrong.

Postby Iranu

I've been vegetarian since I was 10 years old and I bucking hate mushrooms.

Postby Dan-cat

Badsnookerplayer wrote:That must be a challenge!

Why are you vegetarian?

That must be a challenge. Off the top of my head I can only think of these remaining vegetables:

artichoke
aubergine
amrud
asparagus
legumes
alfalfa sprouts
azuki beans (or adzuki)
bean sprouts
black beans
black-eyed peas
borlotti bean
broad beans
chickpeas, garbanzos, or ceci beans
green beans
kidney beans
lentils
lima beans or Butter bean
mung beans
navy beans
pinto beans
runner beans
split peas
soy beans
peas
mangetout or snap peas
broccoflower (a hybrid)
broccoli (calabrese)
brussels sprouts
cabbage
kohlrabi
cauliflower
celery
endive
fiddleheads
frisee
fennel
greens
beet greens (chard)
bok choy
chard (beet greens)
collard greens
kale
mustard greens
spinach
quinoa
lettuce
arugula
nettles
New Zealand spinach
okra
onions
Chives
Garlic
Leek
onion
shallot
scallion (spring onion UK, green onion US)
parsley
peppers
bell pepper
chili pepper
Jalapeño
Habanero
Paprika
Tabasco pepper
Cayenne pepper
radicchio
rhubarb
root vegetables
beetroot
carrot
celeriac
daikon
ginger
parsnip
rutabaga
turnip
radish
wasabi
horseradish
white radish
salsify (Oyster Plant)
skirret
sweetcorn
topinambur
squashes
acorn squash
bitter melon
butternut squash
banana squash
courgette (UK), Zucchini (US)
cucumber
delicata
gem squash
hubbard squash
marrow (UK) == Squash (US)
patty pans
pumpkin
spaghetti squash
tat soi
tomato (biologically a fruit, but treated as a vegetable)
tubers
jicama
jerusalem artichoke
potato
quandong
sunchokes
sweet potato
taro
yam
water chestnut
watercress
Cucumber

:-D :-D :-D

Postby Iranu

Not really, there's plenty of stuff out there :) I often use quorn for protein for example (which to be fair is made from mushrooms! Doesn't smell or taste like them though thank God)

I'm vegetarian because I hate the way animals are farmed and bred, and treated with no respect by meat corporations. As someone else mentioned I do feel guilty about eating dairy and eggs for this reason.

Despite my own vegetarianism I actually don't think it's inherently morally wrong to eat animals. We're biologically designed to eat meat as well as vegetation, so if animals are hunted in a "fair and honourable way" I have no issue with it from an ethical standpoint, although I still wouldn't partake personally. I would point out though that we now have the means to easily substitute for the protein etc that we get from meat, so that argument doesn't hold the the same weight it did in the past. In the developed world I don't think there's any reasonable argument to say we need to eat meat.

I also don't like the way that distinctions are drawn between which animals are and aren't OK to eat - why should cows be fair game but not dogs for example? It doesn't make any sense.

But I'd never preach about it unless asked, and I have no problem whatsoever with other people eating meat if they choose to. As others have said above, getting on one's high horse and acting morally superior won't change anybody's mind about anything.

Postby Dan-cat

Cloud Strife wrote:
The state of the some of the people in that video... Are these the poster children of the vegan movement?

Remember, anarchy is never the solution.

How on earth do you think anything gets changed Cloudy? You'd be happier if the people fighting this cause were in a suit and tie? What's your preferred dress code for protest?

"Go back to bed, America. Your government has figured out how it all transpired. Go back to bed, America. Your government is in control again. Here. Here's American Gladiators. Watch this, shut up. Go back to bed, America. Here is American Gladiators. Here is 56 channels of it! Watch these pituitary retards bang their bucking skulls together and congratulate you on living in the land of freedom. Here you go, America! You are free to do what we tell you! You are free to do what we tell you!”

― Bill Hicks
Last edited by Dan-cat on 03 Aug 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Dan-cat wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:That must be a challenge!

Why are you vegetarian?

That must be a challenge. Off the top of my head I can only think of these remaining vegetables:

artichoke
aubergine
amrud
asparagus
legumes

:-D :-D :-D

Another agressive post from Dan-Cat.....

Having tried being veggie, mushrooms became a very important food to me, and I would have struggled without them. If I had thought of 'googling' 'types of vegetables' I would have had no trouble. :roll:

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Remember, anarchy is never the solution.

How on earth do you think anything gets changed Cloudy? You'd be happier if the people fighting this cause were in a suit and tie? What's your preferred dress code for protest?

"Go back to bed, America. Your government has figured out how it all transpired. Go back to bed, America. Your government is in control again. Here. Here's American Gladiators. Watch this, shut up. Go back to bed, America. Here is American Gladiators. Here is 56 channels of it! Watch these pituitary retards bang their bucking skulls together and congratulate you on living in the land of freedom. Here you go, America! You are free to do what we tell you! You are free to do what we tell you!”

― Bill Hicks

Yes, they should come to protests freshly shaved and showered, in a three-piece suit, polished shoes and smelling of roses.

Postby Dan-cat

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Not really aggressive is it. More taking the snake hiss. Love you Baddy xxx

I was taking the snake hiss too.

Love you too x

I knew that you knew that I knew that I was taking the snake hiss.

Mushrooms!