Post a reply

Re: Yu Delu / Cao Yupeng

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Pink Ball wrote:How Yu and Cao must wish they were four-time Workd Champions right now.

Three times would be enough.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Pink Ball wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:What is a workd champion?

Like a World Champion, but discredited.

I like John Higgins.

He made one fuck-up.

Do you think Selby or Ronnie has ever thrown a game?

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

I like John Higgins.

He made one fuck-up.

Do you think Selby or Ronnie has ever thrown a game?

They'd be among the last I'd pick.

Then again, Higgins would've too.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

I like John Higgins.

He made one fuck-up.

Maybe. Or maybe he did more but got away with it.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

I like John Higgins.

He made one fuck-up.

Maybe. Or maybe he did more but got away with it.

Fair point that

Postby The_Abbott

I get Ronnie's point but at the end of the day nobody is forcing these players to enter tournaments. If you have a £30,000 loss each year give up and work in a supermarket instead.

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:I worry about my job stability too, so I keep sending myself letters.

The constant hate mail must get you down, though.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I worry about my job stability too, so I keep sending myself letters.

rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Mainly consists of tasteful nude selfies.

It's just got hot in here.

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Mainly consists of tasteful nude selfies.

Saucy.

Postby Godot

So if my calculations are correct, Cao will have this and next season off but could be back for Q School in the summer of 2020?

Always had a soft spot for Cao since he choked the Scottish Open on tournament ball. Future ranking event winner, would have been a shame if he was lost to the game.

Postby Ash147

Anyone who participates in match fixing should be banned for life, no exceptions. That includes Higgins and Lee.

Postby Andre147

The money lower down the rankings isnt great, but theres no excuse for cheating.

At the very worst, if you cant live from Snooker earnings, you need to find another job. If you dont have the luxury of having family to support you.

But there is absolutely no excuse for match fixing.

Postby nice_shoes_ken

I met both of them on a train back from Sheffield after the World Snooker Championship qualifiers in 2016.

Cao was the only one who spoke, Yu just sat down listening to Chinese music, Li Hang was with them also.

Very disappointed in Cao especially, he was having a decent season last season and was starting to finally show his potential.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:Hawkins plays a tidy game, apparently.

I've got to stop posting in the wrong thtead.

Postby Dan-cat

nice_shoes_ken wrote:I met both of them on a train back from Sheffield after the World Snooker Championship qualifiers in 2016.

Cao was the only one who spoke, Yu just sat down listening to Chinese music, Li Hang was with them also.

Very disappointed in Cao especially, he was having a decent season last season and was starting to finally show his potential.

Who knows the full story... was pressure exerted on them? Not excusing them at all, I just rememebr those thai players whose house was burnt down a few years ago

Postby Ronnie79

Godot wrote:So if my calculations are correct, Cao will have this and next season off but could be back for Q School in the summer of 2020?

Always had a soft spot for Cao since he choked the Scottish Open on tournament ball. Future ranking event winner, would have been a shame if he was lost to the game.

No he is banned until November 2020. He wouldn't be able to play until may 2021 as he would have dropped off the tour.