Post a reply

Barry Hearn press conference highlights

Postby LeonD123

Increased prize money (£500,000 for 2019 world champion)

EVEN MORE EVENTS (~30 this season)

ITV Expansion including 8 man tournament (Now confirmed to be the "Tour Championship")

Possible Middle Eastern tournament (whoever has the money)

He's trying to balance over saturation with helping lower ranked players survive

Naming and shaming slow players (over 30 second average shot time) every 3 months, a fine if you haven't sped up over 3 matches

Ticket prices will slightly increase

Attempting to tackle the issue of ticket resellers by cancelling tickets if they can identify them by info on other sites

Unsurprisingly he loved the O'Sullivan/Carter controversy

https://www.reddit.com/r/snooker/commen ... ighlights/

https://youtu.be/uoGWSnUpZyw

Re: Barry Hearn press conference highlights

Postby Iranu

3 matches is too short a time to make a judgement in my opinion.

Could cost a player a match because they've a slow AST after two matches and they rush to avoid a fine.

If they are only publishing every three months why not do it over three tournaments instead?

What happens if a player gets knocked out after 1/2 matches, does it reset or carry over?

Re: Barry Hearn press conference highlights

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Alex0paul wrote:Always thought a winner takes all 8 man event would be good. £500k 1st prize with the top 8 only invited.


The Champions Cup did that around 1999 except with a smaller prize. If it's the same length as the other ITV4 events than it might be all long format matches.

Re: Barry Hearn press conference highlights

Postby vodkadiet

Hearn is only acting tough on the slow players because Robbie Foldvari has retired. If Foldvari had still been playing he would have had the Aussie Sicillian clan to deal with and would have run a mile from the idea.

Re: Barry Hearn press conference highlights

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

The speed thing is ridiculous. Some players are just naturally quicker than others. The referees have just never had the balls to chin players for what they perceive as deliberate slow play so now all slower players will suffer???

Re: Barry Hearn press conference highlights

Postby GJ

Dan-cat wrote:You missed the most important announcement.

The shootout moves to Quest/Eurosport for the next 7 years.



Gutted <laugh>

Re: Barry Hearn press conference highlights

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:You missed the most important announcement.

The shootout moves to Quest/Eurosport for the next 7 years.


What's the Shoot Out?



Wildeys fav event of the season

:-D

Re: Barry Hearn press conference highlights

Postby kolompar

vodkadiet wrote:Hearn is only acting tough on the slow players because Robbie Foldvari has retired. If Foldvari had still been playing he would have had the Aussie Sicillian clan to deal with and would have run a mile from the idea.

Foldvari has Hungarian ancestry. Ebdon has also lived here in Hungary so we can claim these two legends <laugh>

Re: Barry Hearn press conference highlights

Postby kolompar

Not much news, wont't be anything of the Middle Eastern tournament so looks like the only new event will be just another British one, at least it has an interesting format.
There will be a Q School in China next year.

Re: Barry Hearn press conference highlights

Postby mick745

Iranu wrote:3 matches is too short a time to make a judgement in my opinion.

Could cost a player a match because they've a slow AST after two matches and they rush to avoid a fine.

If they are only publishing every three months why not do it over three tournaments instead?

What happens if a player gets knocked out after 1/2 matches, does it reset or carry over?


Looking at the published data there are 11 players slower than 30 seconds but only 5 slower than 31 seconds, Lukas Kleckers, Martin O'Donnell, Peter Ebdon, Rod Lawler and Lee Walker.

Re: Barry Hearn press conference highlights

Postby GJ

Dannyboy wrote:"Don't like the shootout... tough rubbish!" :hatoff:



now off terrestrial TOUGH rubbish

:-D

Re: Barry Hearn press conference highlights

Postby Badsnookerplayer

kolompar wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Hearn is only acting tough on the slow players because Robbie Foldvari has retired. If Foldvari had still been playing he would have had the Aussie Sicillian clan to deal with and would have run a mile from the idea.

Foldvari has Hungarian ancestry. Ebdon has also lived here in Hungary so we can claim these two legends <laugh>

...more than welcome...