Post a reply

Re: Will Ronnie ever win another world title ?

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 wrote:ROS won 5 World Titles, 7 Masters, 6 UK Titles, 33 ranking event titles in total (and counting), many other non.ranking event titles, so yeah he doesn't handle the pressure very well rofl

Most of those events don't mean anything to him. He doesn't even care about The UK or The Masters. If he did he wouldn't have skipped those events from time to time.

The World Championship is the ultimate pressure. It counts for far more than the others.

Yet he has won it 5 times when the pressure is at the most, so what you say is utter rubbish again.

Can you not differentiate between a player being the best non pressure player ever from that same player still being a good player under pressure but not as good as he is when not under pressure?

It shouldn't need a diagram.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 wrote:ROS won 5 World Titles, 7 Masters, 6 UK Titles, 33 ranking event titles in total (and counting), many other non.ranking event titles, so yeah he doesn't handle the pressure very well rofl

Most of those events don't mean anything to him. He doesn't even care about The UK or The Masters. If he did he wouldn't have skipped those events from time to time.

The World Championship is the ultimate pressure. It counts for far more than the others.

Yet he has won it 5 times when the pressure is at the most, so what you say is utter rubbish again.

Can you not differentiate between a player being the best non pressure player ever from that same player still being a good player under pressure but not as good as he is when not under pressure?

If you think ROS was under no pressure to win 5 titles then you are a bit deluded really Vodka... to win the World Title you have to face the upmost pressure there is.

But if you insist, then yeah Hendry was under pressure allright... played White who bottled at least 2 worlds finals, 1994 and 1992 was by far the worst.

Postby mantorok

Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

If you think ROS was under no pressure to win 5 titles then you are a bit deluded really Vodka... to win the World Title you have to face the upmost pressure there is.

But if you insist, then yeah Hendry was under pressure allright... played White who bottled at least 2 worlds finals, 1994 and 1992 was by far the worst.

Were they the two finals Jimmy was getting drunk and coked up between sessions? Doesn't sound like pressure on Hendry to me....

In fact using VDs logic we shouldn't count them as he wasn't under enough pressure to win them.

Postby Andre147

That's exactly what I'm saying...

VD says Ronnie's under no pressure, but if you look at some of Hendry's titles we can easily use the same bull argument.

Postby GJ

Andre147 wrote:Wasn't me who derailed it...

in fact I kept satying on topic, but sometimes it's just too hard when you read so much bull.

I think vodka cant resist sometimes <laugh>

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

Of course Carter, Dott and Hawkins are legends of the game who would obviously have battered a prime Hendry in to submission in a World Final!!

Postby Andre147

And then you have Hendry who faced Nigel Bond in a World Final rofl Carter, Dott and Hawkins are miles ahead of him.

Plus bottling Jimmy White...

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:And then you have Hendry who faced Nigel Bond in a World Final rofl Carter, Dott and Hawkins are miles ahead of him.

No chance. Bond would have handled them comfortably.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 wrote:And then you have Hendry who faced Nigel Bond in a World Final rofl Carter, Dott and Hawkins are miles ahead of him.

No chance. Bond would have handled them comfortably.

<doh>

Postby vodkadiet

Bond deserved his place in The World Final. He played a great tournament. Particularly in beating a prime Alan McManus in the 2nd round.

Postby mantorok

vodkadiet wrote:Bond deserved his place in The World Final. He played a great tournament. Particularly in beating a prime Alan McManus in the 2nd round.

Carter made a 147 on his way to his first final. Hawkins put up a very good fight in the final too and certainly didn't roll over as some people think.

Dott also went 5-0 up in the final too because, guess what? He was playing well. But I guess going 5 nil down doesn't mount any pressure does it.

Postby sas6789

Considering that Nigel is still competing to some extent today in his 50s i see no reason at all why a prime Bond wouldn't have been a top player in today's era.

Postby vodkadiet

sas6789 wrote:

Considering that Nigel is still competing to some extent today in his 50s i see no reason at all why a prime Bond wouldn't have been a top player in today's era.

Bond beat Hawkins 6-5 from 5-0 down in The UK a couple of years ago.

People who rubbish Bond don't have a clue about snooker.

Postby vodkadiet

Holden Chinaski wrote:Remind me, how many ranking titles has Bond won in his 29 years as a pro?

So it's about titles now is it?

I thought they didn't matter in your world...

Postby Alex0paul

vodkadiet wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Remind me, how many ranking titles has Bond won in his 29 years as a pro?

Whatever fits their agenda best

Postby Holden Chinaski

vodkadiet wrote:

Am I talking about World Titles?

Bond has never beaten O'Sullivan, I know that.

Postby kolompar

Only one because he played in a tough era. He might win another now, he's still beating the likes of Carter and Hawkins.

Postby vodkadiet

Holden Chinaski wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

Am I talking about World Titles?

Bond has never beaten O'Sullivan, I know that.

O'Sullivan has never beaten Slessor, I know that.