Post a reply

Re: Will Ronnie ever win another world title ?

Postby Ronnie79

Pink Ball wrote:If Higgins wins the World title, Hendry may even slip to third of all-time. Higgins would still probably be a few triple crown events short of overtaking Hendry though.

Only 9 behind now ffs no way is he second defo 3rd

Postby Ronnie79

vodkadiet wrote:It must be torture being an O'Sullivan fanboy. There they were on the evening of 4th May 2014 all ready to celebrate their idol winning a 6th world title, just one behind The Master.

They had already come to the conclusion that with O'Sullivan 10-5 ahead of a depleted and fatigued Mark Selby that the 6th title was already won. And surely a 7th and an 8th World title would follow? And their hero would undoubtedly go down as the greatest player ever.

That was exactly five years ago, almost to the hour. It is inconceivable that today he is still on 5 World titles and will have to wait until at least May 2019 to win a 6th World Title.

And this leads to these fanboys having to rely on ill thought and biased opinion from others because the singular most important record has not been achieved, and probably never will be.

Achievements outweigh opinion every time.

You talk some pile of sh1te that sescion ended 10-7 no way was it over. But you keepping raving away with nonsense

Postby vodkadiet

Ronnie79 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:It must be torture being an O'Sullivan fanboy. There they were on the evening of 4th May 2014 all ready to celebrate their idol winning a 6th world title, just one behind The Master.

They had already come to the conclusion that with O'Sullivan 10-5 ahead of a depleted and fatigued Mark Selby that the 6th title was already won. And surely a 7th and an 8th World title would follow? And their hero would undoubtedly go down as the greatest player ever.

That was exactly five years ago, almost to the hour. It is inconceivable that today he is still on 5 World titles and will have to wait until at least May 2019 to win a 6th World Title.

And this leads to these fanboys having to rely on ill thought and biased opinion from others because the singular most important record has not been achieved, and probably never will be.

You talk some pile of sh1te that sescion ended 10-7 no way was it over. But you keepping raving away with nonsense

Yes, it ended 10-7 on the first day. But O'Sullivan was actually 10-5 up at one stage and in the balls looking certain to go 11-5.

Postby Ronnie79

vodkadiet wrote:O'Sullivan was playing for most of the 90s.

He and Higgins didn't reach their peak years until about 1998 though. They would only have been about 22 or 23 at that stage.[/quote]

O'Sullivan won The UK in 93. He was a main contender for The Worlds from that moment onwards. The opposition were simply too strong for him.[/quote]
They were, yes. Because he was a teenager. Actually, it reflects very poorly on Hendry that a teenage Ronnie O'Sullivan could still sometimes get the better of him even at that stage.[/quote]

Hendry also got the better of Steve Davis as a teenager. They could both play great snooker in their teen years. If roles were reversed a teen Hendry would have beaten a 20 something O'Sullivan from time to time.[/quote]

Ronnie was not a contender for the world at 17 yo and no teenager has every won the event so you are really talking more tripe as usual

Postby Ronnie79

vodkadiet wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:

Yes, it ended 10-7 on the first day. But O'Sullivan was actually 10-5 up at one stage and in the balls looking certain to go 11-5.

I watched the game it didn't end 11-5 so Whats the point talking about that it was 10-7

Postby Ronnie79

Ronnie79 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:

I watched the game it didn't end 11-5 so Whats the point talking about that it was 10-7

ROS not a contender at WC until 96

Postby Pink Ball

vodkadiet wrote:"I believe..."
"I think..."
"In my opinion..."
"If....."
"He could've..."
"He would've..."
"He should've...
"Steve Davis said..."
"Jimmy White said..."
"Blah... Blah... Blah....."

You believe World titles are all that matter. That in itself is only an opinion. And a very poor one. Child-like.

Hendry was just as good beyond 1996 yet won only one more major beyond the age of 27. He failed to put the debate beyond doubt and he is now officially the second best player of all-time.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Ronnie 79

A wise Chinese man once said to me that as we get older we get wiser, and should learn to appreciate that life is like a jigsaw. We are all different, but we must all fit together in our own unique place in the bigger picture. If we struggle too much, we will take a place but not the right place. We will never be comfortable and will become discontent.

Whether or not we all agree, we must seek to learn from other's opinions and not become enraged by them. Opinions are like the course of a river.

I believe John McEnroe has now found inner peace.

Postby Holden Chinaski

I like Stephen Hendry, he was great. But we all know Ronnie's the greatest if we're honest. Some just won't admit it. All the great snooker players agree, because they know a genius snooker player when they see him. Like Neal Foulds said; Ronnie has won enough, he's the greatest. Hendry admitted he was never so completely outplayed in his whole career... Higgins said he's the greatest. Ray Raerdon said he's never seen anyone better. Hendry was great but we all know Ronnie would have a won a lot of world championships as well against Hendry's opponents. Jimmy White was too high on cocaine and the party life to beat any top player in those finals.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Ronnie 79

A wise Chinese man once said to me that as we get older we get wiser, and should learn to appreciate that life is like a jigsaw. We are all different, but we must all fit together in our own unique place in the bigger picture. If we struggle too much, we will take a place but not the right place. We will never be comfortable and will become discontent.

Whether or not we all agree, we must seek to learn from other's opinions and not become enraged by them. Opinions are like the course of a river.

I believe John McEnroe has now found inner peace.

Confucius was on the ball.
Last edited by Chalk McHugh on 05 May 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Holden Chinaski wrote:I like Stephen Hendry, he was great. But we all know Ronnie's the greatest if we're honest. Some just won't admit it. All the great snooker players agree, because they know a genius snooker player when they see him. Like Neal Foulds said; Ronnie has won enough, he's the greatest. Hendry admitted he was never so completely outplayed in his whole career... Higgins said he's the greatest. Ray Raerdon said he's never seen anyone better. Hendry was great but we all know Ronnie would have a won a lot of world championships as well against Hendry's opponents. Jimmy White was too high on cocaine and the party life to beat any top player in those finals.

Good post. I echo your words.

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

1 Ronnie
2 higgins
3 hendry

John and Ronnie are still 2 top players in their 40’s and so in my opinion overtake hendo. I’d love to see John as the no 1 but right now that’s the way I see it.

Postby pritambarhate

I think if Higgins wins the world championship this year, then Ronnie will try a lot harder to win at least one more world championship. Ronnie doesn't let it on overtly, but I think he is extremely competitive when it comes to Higgins. I think he secretly likes the idea that his record is better than Higgins. Higgins reached 29 ranking titles when he won the 2017 Indian Open and crossed Ronnie. It seems after that Ronnie's performance went up and he won 5 ranking titles. Suddenly he was looking interested in competing again.

Postby vodkadiet

O'Sullivan is the best non pressure player ever, but players are judged on their play under pressure. And there is no better test of your play under pressure than at The World Championship.

O'Sullivan hasn't handled the pressure as well as he could have and that is why he will never be the greatest.

No need for opinion here. Facts are what count.

Postby Andre147

pritambarhate wrote:I think if Higgins wins the world championship this year, then Ronnie will try a lot harder to win at least one more world championship. Ronnie doesn't let it on overtly, but I think he is extremely competitive when it comes to Higgins. I think he secretly likes the idea that his record is better than Higgins. Higgins reached 29 ranking titles when he won the 2017 Indian Open and crossed Ronnie. It seems after that Ronnie's performance went up and he won 5 ranking titles. Suddenly he was looking interested in competing again.

It's not the first time that happened and in a way I'd like Higgins to win a 5th, maybe that would be what ROS needs to spur him on...

Hendry had that main goal of trying to overtake Davis, ROS also seems to be motivated to overtake Higgins so if Higgins reaches 5 then who knows...

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:O'Sullivan is the best non pressure player ever, but players are judged on their play under pressure. And there is no better test of your play under pressure than at The World Championship.

O'Sullivan hasn't handled the pressure as well as he could have and that is why he will never be the greatest.

If you think winning 5 World Titles is best non-pressure player ever then your opinion really is rubbish...

that's better than most players will ever have in their careers, and ROS done it 5 times at the biggest stage.

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:O'Sullivan is the best non pressure player ever, but players are judged on their play under pressure. And there is no better test of your play under pressure than at The World Championship.

If you think winning 5 World Titles is best non-pressure player ever then your opinion really is rubbish...

that's better than most players will ever have in their careers, and ROS done it 5 times at the biggest stage.

Saying a player is the best non pressure player ever doesn't mean they aren't any good under pressure. O'Sullivan isn't anywhere near the standard he is under pressure as when there is no pressure on.

You O'Sullivan fans really need to get a grip.

Postby Andre147

ROS won 5 World Titles, 7 Masters, 6 UK Titles, 33 ranking event titles in total (and counting), many other non.ranking event titles, so yeah he doesn't handle the pressure very well rofl

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:ROS won 5 World Titles, 7 Masters, 6 UK Titles, 33 ranking event titles in total (and counting), many other non.ranking event titles, so yeah he doesn't handle the pressure very well rofl

Most of those events don't mean anything to him. He doesn't even care about The UK or The Masters. If he did he wouldn't have skipped those events from time to time.

The World Championship is the ultimate pressure. It counts for far more than the others.

Postby Pink Ball

What you posted is an opinion

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 wrote:ROS won 5 World Titles, 7 Masters, 6 UK Titles, 33 ranking event titles in total (and counting), many other non.ranking event titles, so yeah he doesn't handle the pressure very well rofl

Most of those events don't mean anything to him. He doesn't even care about The UK or The Masters. If he did he wouldn't have skipped those events from time to time.

The World Championship is the ultimate pressure. It counts for far more than the others.

Yet he has won it 5 times when the pressure is at the most, so what you say is utter rubbish again.