Post a reply

Re: Romania Masters Final !!!

Postby Andre147

Sory I meant multi-session Final ranking event.

yes I cant see him win the Worlds either.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:And over the years he also has been known to bottle many many matches at the decisive moments but at least this season he forgot how to do that lol... he even won 3 deciders in a row at the UK Champs.

To be fair he totally bottled that last pink! Fortunately it ran safe and didn't cost him.

He's had a great season though no doubt.

Postby Gridlock

Ya! Was able to watch frame by frame on YouTube! Great battle! Cheers my snooker island friends!

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:And over the years he also has been known to bottle many many matches at the decisive moments but at least this season he forgot how to do that lol... he even won 3 deciders in a row at the UK Champs.

To be fair he totally bottled that last pink! Fortunately it ran safe and didn't cost him.

Yes he did but Bingo too with the missed black. What matters is he's had 3 titles this season.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Yes he did but Bingo too with the missed black. What matters is he's had 3 titles this season.

Not just Bingham and Ryan Day, Roger Federer also just bottled a big final too. rofl

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Not just Bingham and Ryan Day, Roger Federer also just bottled a big final too. rofl

Yes don't remind me... 3 match points bottled :td: :irk:

And for someone who doesn't like Tennis and doesn't follow it you sure are well informed.. Final just finished half an hour ago.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Yes don't remind me... 3 match points bottled :td: :irk:

And for someone who doesn't like Tennis and doesn't follow it you sure are well informed.. Final just finished half an hour ago.

Don't get me wrong, I like tennis and I watch it a fair bit on television. I'm not like SnookerFan who makes no secret of his hatred for tennis.

It's just that it sometimes bugs me when Roger Federer gets mentioned on here constantly when it's supposed to be a snooker forum. You wouldn't see a snooker player get so much air time on a tennis forum...I guess it's just our inferiority complex as snooker fans that some of us have a problem with it.

All that said, it's really not a big issue.

Postby Andre147

Yes fair play Cloud.

Tennis is my 2nd favourite sport, I think the comparisons are mostly due because Federer is still playing somewhere near his best Tennis at the age of 36 and Ronnie with Snooker at the age of 42, plus the two of them are arguably one of the best ever.

Even for a non-Tennis fan this comparison makes sense. But I could also name other sports where players are playing near their best at the twilight if their careers. Tennis for me happens to be the sport I know best outside Snooker.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:9-8 Day!!

Wow.

Weren't he 4-0 down?

Sounds like an awesome match. Tucked away on the Player. I wonder how many people watched?

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Image

Was Donald watching?

He never misses a frame

Postby Vallomas

An interesting fact is that Day won his three titles in continental Europe (Latvia, Gibraltar, Romania). So, to be considered as a solid title contender every time, he has to win next:

1) A ranking tournament with a multi-session final
2) A ranking tournament with a multi-session final in the UK.

Postby SnookerFan

Vallomas wrote:An interesting fact is that Day won his three titles in continental Europe (Latvia, Gibraltar, Romania). So, to be considered as a solid title contender every time, he has to win next:

1) A ranking tournament with a multi-session final
2) A ranking tournament with a multi-session final in the UK.

I'm not sure I follow.

Can you explain it to me by comparing it to something Roger Federer has done?

Postby Sickpotter

Andre147 wrote:Yes fair play Cloud.

Tennis is my 2nd favourite sport, I think the comparisons are mostly due because Federer is still playing somewhere near his best Tennis at the age of 36 and Ronnie with Snooker at the age of 42, plus the two of them are arguably one of the best ever.

Even for a non-Tennis fan this comparison makes sense. But I could also name other sports where players are playing near their best at the twilight if their careers. Tennis for me happens to be the sport I know best outside Snooker.

How can the two of them be one of the best ever? ;-)

TBH I find comparing the two sports very odd with tennis being a much more physical game than snooker but i do see the parallel with the older greats staying strong late in their careers.

Congrats Day, fantastic win :-)