Post a reply

Romania Masters Semi Finals !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Wednesday 13th ~ Sunday 18th of March in Bucharest, Romania

Ryan Day has hit a purple patch as he looks to add the Romanian Masters to his other 2 tournaments this season.

And Stuart Bingham after a enforced break from the Game will be hoping to get back on track and take home the spoils in Romania.

With Ali Carter and Kyren Wilson standing in the way of both Who will reach the Final?

DRAW

Semi Finals

Stuart Bingham v Ali Carter Carter Leads 15-6
------------------------------------------------------------
Ryan Day v Kyren Wilson Day Leads 8-4


ORDER OF PLAY

Image

Image

Re: Romania Masters Semi Finals !!!

Postby Andre147

Would like Day to win it. And a lot different than winning a Best of 7 tournament.

I give him credit for winning those 2 events, better than Shoot-Out for sure, but winning one here is way different. From 0 titles he could get 3 alone in a season! Only Ronnie has had more titles this season too.

And I noticed Kyren continues to get the get the better of Trump. Good!

Re: Romania Masters Semi Finals !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:I give him credit for winning those 2 events, better than Shoot-Out for sure, but winning one here is way different. From 0 titles he could get 3 alone in a season! Only Ronnie has had more titles this season too.


And still no full ranker.

Re: Romania Masters Semi Finals !!!

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

Roly
@snookeroland

This is crazy. The ref is calling a miss on the self inflicted impossible to hit snooker. What a farce

Re: Romania Masters Semi Finals !!!

Postby Andre147

Bingo won so into the Final 5-2. Carter also led 2-0.

I said a few weeks ago I'd expect him to win a title soon given the suspension might spurr him on.

But hopefully Day wins it.

Re: Romania Masters Semi Finals !!!

Postby Deewee

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:TWITTER ATTACK!

Roly
@snookeroland

This is crazy. The ref is calling a miss on the self inflicted impossible to hit snooker. What a farce


Will need to youtube this

That's the women's WSF semifinal

Re: Romania Masters Semi Finals !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Deewee wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:TWITTER ATTACK!

Roly
@snookeroland

This is crazy. The ref is calling a miss on the self inflicted impossible to hit snooker. What a farce


Will need to youtube this

That's the women's WSF semifinal


Oh really? What happened?

Re: Romania Masters Semi Finals !!!

Postby Deewee

SnookerFan wrote:
Deewee wrote:That's the women's WSF semifinal


Oh really? What happened?

The ref kept calling the impossible hit as a miss, Reanne Evans lost the frame and eventually the match.

Re: Romania Masters Semi Finals !!!

Postby kolompar

Andre147 wrote:Would like Day to win it. And a lot different than winning a Best of 7 tournament.

I give him credit for winning those 2 events, better than Shoot-Out for sure, but winning one here is way different. From 0 titles he could get 3 alone in a season! Only Ronnie has had more titles this season too.

And I noticed Kyren continues to get the get the better of Trump. Good!

How is it different? It's also best of 7 and it's an exhibition in Romania <laugh>

Re: Romania Masters Semi Finals !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Deewee wrote:
kolompar wrote:"self inflicted impossible to hit snooker"
Only in women's snooker <ok>

Is Michael Holt a woman? :bags:


Did you just assume Holt's gender?

Re: Romania Masters Semi Finals !!!

Postby Dan-cat

kolompar wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Would like Day to win it. And a lot different than winning a Best of 7 tournament.

I give him credit for winning those 2 events, better than Shoot-Out for sure, but winning one here is way different. From 0 titles he could get 3 alone in a season! Only Ronnie has had more titles this season too.

And I noticed Kyren continues to get the get the better of Trump. Good!

How is it different? It's also best of 7 and it's an exhibition in Romania <laugh>


Nope. Semis best of 9, final best of 19.

Re: Romania Masters Semi Finals !!!

Postby Andre147

See Day won 5-0, making breaks of 91, 120 and 87 in the last 3 frames :hatoff:

And yes, and Dan, myself and SF have mentioned, it's a lot different winning this than winning 2 tournaments PTC style.

Yes this still wont be a full ranking event with a Best of 17 or above Final, but winning this one is a tremendous milestone for him. Hope he does it.

Re: Romania Masters Semi Finals !!!

Postby Andre147

Deewee wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Deewee wrote:That's the women's WSF semifinal


Oh really? What happened?

The ref kept calling the impossible hit as a miss, Reanne Evans lost the frame and eventually the match.


Would like to see footage of this and see if it really was that impossible or not..

Rules state in a situation like this the player has to play with sufficent strength at the ball on (say, a colour for example), in a straight line, knowing he'll obviously make a foul. If the ref considers he or she done this, then no foul can be called. If this isn't the case, then a miss in this situation must always be called.
Last edited by Andre147 on 17 Mar 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Romania Masters Semi Finals !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:Who gives a buck what Day has won and hasn't won. He's married to his aunt and is more successful than all of us.


You assume none of us are married to our aunts?

Re: Romania Masters Semi Finals !!!

Postby Dan-cat

Andre147 wrote:
Deewee wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Deewee wrote:That's the women's WSF semifinal


Oh really? What happened?

The ref kept calling the impossible hit as a miss, Reanne Evans lost the frame and eventually the match.


Would like to see footage of this and see if it really was that impossible or not..

Rules state in a situation like this the player has to play with sufficent strength at the ball on (say, a colour for example), in a straight line, knowing he'll obviously make a foul. If the ref considers he or she done this, then no foul can be called. If this isn't the case, then a miss in this situation must always be called.


Did not know this. Ace.