Post a reply

Re: Nice gesture from Ronnie

Postby vodkadiet

Why doesn't he let him share his bed with him and his wife?

Postby Cloud Strife

Ronnie's alright. He can say and do some silly stuff sometimes, but at heart he's a decent bloke.

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:Ronnie's alright. He can say and do some silly stuff sometimes, but at heart he's a decent bloke.

Hate to bang on about that 2007 final, but he went flying up in my estimations. It was a small act but it was genuine and meaningful to comfort a young player like that. I went from disliking him to thinking he wasn't a bad sort behind it all.

Give me Sullivan any day ahead of Alex Higgins. He can be an eejit but he's not malicious. He was a sausage in his younger days but he's not any more.

Postby vodkadiet

Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Ronnie's alright. He can say and do some silly stuff sometimes, but at heart he's a decent bloke.

Hate to bang on about that 2007 final, but he went flying up in my estimations. It was a small act but it was genuine and meaningful to comfort a young player like that. I went from disliking him to thinking he wasn't a bad sort behind it all.

Give me Sullivan any day ahead of Alex Higgins. He can be an eejit but he's not malicious. He was a sausage in his younger days but he's not any more.

Alex Higgins was about as vile a person you could meet.

Postby Iranu

vodkadiet wrote:Why doesn't he let him share his bed with him and his wife?

Because John Higgins occupies the space between them.

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:

Hate to bang on about that 2007 final, but he went flying up in my estimations.

Missed opportunity to say "rocketing up".

Postby Holden Chinaski

He might say some stupid things about snooker sometimes, but when it comes down to the important things in life Ronnie is a class act. :hatoff:

All the people who thinks he's a hammer... Would a hammer do something like this? No. He's a great guy our Ronnie.

Do you think Ronnie cares about silly things like losing a snooker match? No, he's out there doing stuff like this.

Respect! :hatoff: :bowdown:

Postby mantorok

Most of us know he's a sound guy at heart. Sure he speaks before he thinks sometimes but who doesn't?!

Postby hendry_fan

Aye,a verrrrry nice gesture from Ronnie. :hatoff: <ok>

Now and again i do the same,ok,i don,t buy them food/drink,but i give then some change. :-)

Postby Dan-cat

hendry_fan wrote:Aye,a verrrrry nice gesture from Ronnie. :hatoff: <ok>

Now and again i do the same,ok,i don,t buy them food/drink,but i give then some change. :-)

I give cash mainly, they are grown ups and can decide what to spend it on. Basic physics, however you can create positive energy.

Postby vodkadiet

I trust O'Sullivan gave the guy a Vegan meal?
Last edited by vodkadiet on 04 Mar 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:

I give cash mainly, they are grown ups and can decide what to spend it on. Basic physics, however you can create positive energy.

Yeah, drink or cigarettes. Tough decision.

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:

True,i don,t do it every week,i aint rich,but as my Gran always used to say,...

,...."it,s not how much you give,it,s the thought that counts". :-)

When i give something,then i usually give between 50p to sometimes £1,even 1.20,1.50,it all depends on how much change i have and what mood i,m in. :-D

It,s a great feeling to see the joy they have when you give them something,makes me and them feel good,i once gave a guy a bean n tattie pie,it was still hot as it was,nt far away from a bakers i,d just bean in to get 3,i saw him and thought,i,m gonna give him one of my pies,you should o seen the look on his face. :happy: