Post a reply

Triple Crown titles.

Postby Holden Chinaski

http://cuetracker.net/statistics/tourna ... iple-crown

Ronnie and Hendry have both won 18 (!) Triple Crown (Worlds/UK/Masters) titles, three more than the great Steve Davis. Ronnie will no doubt win more and that will make him the record holder of triple crown titles won. Nobody will ever break that record after Ronnie breaks it in my opinion.

John Higgins who became pro in the same year as Ronnie and who is one of the greatest all round snooker players of all time has only won half the amount of triple crown titles Ronnie has won. And the almighty Selbo has won just one less than Higgins...

I wonder how many Triple Crown Titles Ronnie will have at the end of his career... He will definitely set a record that will never be broken in my opinion...

Ronnie and Hendry :bowdown:

Re: Triple Crown titles.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Ronnie will probably win at least 2 or 3 more.
Although it pains me to admit this, the boring grinder Selbo will probably win more than Higgins and reach the top 4.

Re: Triple Crown titles.

Postby SnookerFan

Chalk McHugh wrote:Ronnie will devour Grace who undoubtedly qualifies for Rons numpty list.



:zzz: Numpties.....

Re: Triple Crown titles.

Postby Andre147

Saying records will never be broken is something I learned from... I though Hendry's 36 rankers were unreachable and now Ronnie's within 4 of him, and I'm sure he'll break that one.

But I agree the Triple Crown events are surely one hell of a tough record to break or tie. Similar to Hendry's 7 World Titles.

Re: Triple Crown titles.

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 wrote:Saying records will never be broken is something I learned from... I though Hendry's 36 rankers were unreachable and now Ronnie's within 4 of him, and I'm sure he'll break that one.

But I agree the Triple Crown events are surely one hell of a tough record to break or tie. Similar to Hendry's 7 World Titles.






Well,i fuuuuuuuullllllllllly admit,i really thought that Hendrys 36 ranking titles was out of reach for Ronnie,but it looks as though it,ll just be a matter of time till he beats it.

He of course still has to win another 4 to tie and 5 to indeed beat the 36 and even though he,s been in great,consistent form of late,that form could plunge at any moment,we,ll just have to wait n see.



I also fuuuuullllly admit that i thought way back,that Ronnie would,nt beat Hendrys century tally record,i was clearly proved wrong,fullllllllllll credit to Ronnie in well overtaking Hendry on that record. <ok>



Hendrys 7 Worlds record i think will remain safe though.

Re: Triple Crown titles.

Postby Johnny Bravo

hendry_fan wrote:Hendrys 7 Worlds record i think will remain safe though.


Had Ronnie won a 6th WC in 2014, it all would have been so different.
If he manages to do it this year, he has a decent chance of equalling it.
However, to surpass it and reach 8 would be a tall order, even for Ronnie.

Had he found Steve Peters earlier in his career, he'd have 10 WC and 50 rankers by now.

Re: Triple Crown titles.

Postby hendry_fan

Johnny Bravo wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:Hendrys 7 Worlds record i think will remain safe though.


Had Ronnie won a 6th WC in 2014, it all would have been so different.
If he manages to do it this year, he has a decent chance of equalling it.
However, to surpass it and reach 8 would be a tall order, even for Ronnie.

Had he found Steve Peters earlier in his career, he'd have 10 WC and 50 rankers by now.






Who knows how many WC,s and Rankers he would o won,one can speculate forever,come up with countless if,s n buts,would,ves,should,ves,could,ves,etc,it,s pure speculation,at the end of the day,Ronnie has so far won 5 Worlds and 32 Rankers,how many more he,ll win,as i wrote,we,ll all just have to wait n see.



One could argue,had Hendry kept his foot on the pedal after he won his 7th World title and continued to put the hours in,keep practicing like he did throughout the 90,s and even change his game and play a more balanced style,or at least sometimes play a bit more safe,rather than to almost keep going for every pot,especially when his long potting plunged and potting in general plunged,but,you know what,he did,nt,he was too buckin stubborn to even change a wee bit,i,m sure it cost him a good few titles.



At this moment in time,as i wrote,Ronnie has won 5 worlds and 32 Rankers,Hendry won 7 Worlds and 36 Rankers.



If Ronnie does manage to beat those records,well,great on him,we,ll all just have to wait n see.

Re: Triple Crown titles.

Postby Andre147

Wild has been saying it for a while this season and I agree with him....

For Ronnie to least tie HEndry's 7 World Titles, he HAS to win it this year. Otherwise it will be just impossible.

I think losing the 2014 Final meant he lost motivation for the Crucible. He's won everything else since then, but not reached a Semi at the Crucible in 4 years. So the way he's playing this season this could be his last ever chance, and winning it might give him enough motivation to pursue a 7th.

Re: Triple Crown titles.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:Wild has been saying it for a while this season and I agree with him....

For Ronnie to least tie HEndry's 7 World Titles, he HAS to win it this year. Otherwise it will be just impossible.

I think losing the 2014 Final meant he lost motivation for the Crucible. He's won everything else since then, but not reached a Semi at the Crucible in 4 years. So the way he's playing this season this could be his last ever chance, and winning it might give him enough motivation to pursue a 7th.


I agree with your post, but after his defeat against Higgo at the Welsh, I don't think ROS can win another WC.
He doesn't have the desire for it, plus he's dead meat if he meets Higgo on his side of the draw. Not cause Higgo is better, but cause ROS is too far up Higgo's ass kissing it. Unfortunately, this is the sad truth. ROS makes Higgo bigger than he actually is. Peak Robbo is a much better player than Higgo IMO. Higgo's long game is average, unless u give him an opener, he's very unlikely to get in first from a long pot.

As for the 2014 final, the main reason he lost it is the lack of desire in the sense that he wasn't willing to spit blood in order to win it. Selbo was, and when 2 players of similar level meet, the one who wants it more usually wins.
Last edited by Johnny Bravo on 08 Mar 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Triple Crown titles.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Holden Chinaski wrote:Ronnie will probably beat Higgins next time. You guys are acting crazy in my opinion.

6-0, 6-2. Remember.


That's when Higgo was playing very bad. Whenever he fought back, ROS crumbled. He doesn't play his normal game against Higgo, that's the sad part.

Re: Triple Crown titles.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Ronnie will probably beat Higgins next time. You guys are acting crazy in my opinion.

6-0, 6-2. Remember.


That's when Higgo was playing very bad. Whenever he fought back, ROS crumbled. He doesn't play his normal game against Higgo, that's the sad part.

And this time Ronnie was playing bad. It happens.

Re: Triple Crown titles.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Ronnie will probably beat Higgins next time. You guys are acting crazy in my opinion.

6-0, 6-2. Remember.


That's when Higgo was playing very bad. Whenever he fought back, ROS crumbled. He doesn't play his normal game against Higgo, that's the sad part.

And this time Ronnie was playing bad. It happens.


But that's the thing, ROS wasn't playing bad. He was great until he met Higgo, it was his fear of Higgo that made him play bad.
When ROS beat him earlier in the season, Higgo was playing bad. ROS was still playing with fear and thus worse than he normally does, but since Higgo played even worse, ROS won the first frames and thus gained momentum and confidence and passed the finishing line.
On these last 2 matches, Higgo battled back from the get-go and never allowed ROS to settle.
The only time ROS didn't play with fear seemed to be at the English Open.
On the other occasions they played, ROS turned down far more attacking shots that he would have taken on against other players.

It's late, I'm very tired, so I hope my post makes sense, I wrote it in a hurry

Re: Triple Crown titles.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Wild has been saying it for a while this season and I agree with him....

For Ronnie to least tie HEndry's 7 World Titles, he HAS to win it this year. Otherwise it will be just impossible.

I think losing the 2014 Final meant he lost motivation for the Crucible. He's won everything else since then, but not reached a Semi at the Crucible in 4 years. So the way he's playing this season this could be his last ever chance, and winning it might give him enough motivation to pursue a 7th.

In 2014 Nobody in my time watching snooker had that level of unbeatability at the crucible not even Hendry and Davis in their era.

and he cruised to the final beating Murphy and Hawkins with a session to spare for his 3rd final in a row and when he went 10-5 up on Selby there was only one winner. But then somehow he won only 4 other frames and when you consider Ronnie is widely Recognised as the Greatest front Runner in the sport its just unbelievable what Selby did winning 13 out of 17 frames and that knocked Ronnie to the core and hes never had that aura at the crucible since.

Re: Triple Crown titles.

Postby Andre147

By the way, I do agree Ronnie makes Higgins far bigger than he actually is and that sometimes hinders his game against him.

But to say Ronnie didnt play bad especially in their Scot Open meeting this season is just simply not true! Ronnie played as bad as he could have done, he kept giving Higgins easy openers and sometimes it's easy to look great when your opponent plays one of his worst matches of the season, similar to the Akani one.

The only time this season I saw Ronnie play his A game against Higgins and really fired up for it were when he was 4-0 up at the CoC and won it with back to back tons, and at 3-2 down in the English Open.

The other 2 meetings when Higgins lost it was more down to Higgins being poor rather than Ronnie being great. So I'd say it evens itself out this season.

Re: Triple Crown titles.

Postby Iranu

I don't see how losing one best of 9 match to Higgins means Ronnie will never win the Worlds again. How does that change anyting from the day before he lost to him?

How many times have they even met at the Worlds in the 25 years they've played there? And who won the most important of them?

The loss changes nothing of Ronnie's chances at the Worlds.

It's funny, Ronnie's fans are complaining about him making Higgins out to be more important than he is, while doing exactly that ourselves.

Re: Triple Crown titles.

Postby Dan-cat

Iranu wrote:I don't see how losing one best of 9 match to Higgins means Ronnie will never win the Worlds again. How does that change anyting from the day before he lost to him?

How many times have they even met at the Worlds in the 25 years they've played there? And who won the most important of them?

The loss changes nothing of Ronnie's chances at the Worlds.

It's funny, Ronnie's fans are complaining about him making Higgins out to be more important than he is, while doing exactly that ourselves.


Hahaha great point.

Re: Triple Crown titles.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Dan-cat wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Steve Peters has been proved to be useless IMO.


This is a joke right, Baddy? Or are you trolling?


Bit of both really DC. I wouldn't really say he is useless but whatever he does seems to work against the likes of Dunn but seemed to desert him at some points against the best players (not always). But that's the point - many are saying that he has a mental problem with Higgins. If so, that is a perfect job for Peters.

To troll a bit further - was Steve Peters success in cycling a convenient way to deflect attention from Salbutamol etc. Hmmmm....