Post a reply

Will Ronnie win the Worlds this year?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes : 24

Re: Will Ronnie win the World Championship this year?

Postby Holden Chinaski

kolompar wrote:Ok, might have been too much, sorry :gag: But still not as much to make someone cry and I don't think Ding got anything near that in that Masters final.

It wasn't just one person on a snooker forum calling him names was it? It was a whole arena full of people shouting things at him while he was trying to beat Ronnie O'Sullivan.

You have never been in the position Ding was in and you never will be in a situation anything like it. Few people will.

Postby Pink Ball

kolompar wrote:I think this racism thing is a bit overrated, though I'm white so I guess it's a bit different. But I can't imagine if I went over to China and recognised that people said some racist things about me that I would be offended. I would just laugh at them, and as a grown man I definetely wouldn't cry. But then again, I'm white, I'm not some short, slantey-eyed Chink with a small sausage <ok>

I've shat more intelligent comments

Postby Cloud Strife

kolompar wrote:I think this racism thing is a bit overrated, though I'm white so I guess it's a bit different. But I can't imagine if I went over to China and recognised that people said some racist things about me that I would be offended. I would just laugh at them, and as a grown man I definetely wouldn't cry. But then again, I'm white, I'm not some short, slantey-eyed Chink with a small sausage <ok>

Good post.

Postby SnookerFan

Deewee wrote:

Do you try be that unfunny or does it come to you naturally?

rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:Some people think Ronnie's a hammer.... Ronnie showed what kind of a person he really is when those hammers in the crowd started shouting at Ding. Ronnie's a good guy :hatoff:

That's one of the times I've appreciated something Ronnie did. A class gesture. <ok>

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Some people think Ronnie's a hammer.... Ronnie showed what kind of a person he really is when those hammers in the crowd started shouting at Ding. Ronnie's a good guy :hatoff:

That's one of the times I've appreciated something Ronnie did. A class gesture. <ok>

<ok>

Postby Iranu

To everyone claiming overreaction:

Have you never been tipped over the edge by one small moment that capped a torrent of bad things happening to you?

Unless you're in the person's head you can never say that they were wrong to cry about anything really.

Postby kolompar

Selby is the best example to show Ding is mentally weak. Nowhere near Ding's abilities but still won 3 more world titles.
All these excuses like coming from China, billions of people's expectations and being racially abused as a kid are bull. We all agree he should have won world titles. What will you say when he finishes his career without winning one?

Postby Pink Ball

kolompar wrote:Selby is the best example to show Ding is mentally weak. Nowhere near Ding's abilities but still won 3 more world titles.
All these excuses like coming from China, billions of people's expectations and being racially abused as a kid are bull. We all agree he should have won world titles. What will you say when he finishes his career without winning one?

Aye, small things, all of them.

Postby Holden Chinaski

kolompar wrote:Selby is the best example to show Ding is mentally weak. Nowhere near Ding's abilities but still won 3 more world titles.

He's already achieved a lot in the game and he will achieve more. He's only 30 and he's achieved a lot more than Jimmy White for example.

I'm done talking to you. You seem like a hammer.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Badsnookerplayer wrote:IMHO no top pros are mentally weak. That would be an oxomoron

Finally, somebody with a brain! :hatoff:

If a mentally weak person is able to win 13 ranking titles, there must be something wrong with the game.

Postby Pink Ball

Lucky wrote:Warning issued. Everyone edit their posts to remove the ill informed content.

Nah. We need people to know:

1) That racism isn't THAT big a deal.
2) Being white and British is better than being a slanty-eyed chink with a small sausage and brain.
3) Contrary to recent teachings, crying does make you less of a man and IS in fact a sign of weakness.

Postby Pink Ball

kolompar wrote:Selby is the best example to show Ding is mentally weak. Nowhere near Ding's abilities.

Says who, fucknuts? Mark Selby is definitely the most gifted tactical and safety player I've ever seen. Or do only potting and breakbuilding count as abilities? Mind you, he's pretty good at them too.

Postby kolompar

Pink Ball wrote:
Lucky wrote:Warning issued. Everyone edit their posts to remove the ill informed content.

2) Being white and British is better than being a slanty-eyed chink with a small sausage and brain.
3) Contrary to recent teachings, crying does make you less of a man and IS in fact a sign of weakness.

Thanks. I was afraid the message was going to get lost <ok>

Pink Ball wrote:
kolompar wrote:Selby is the best example to show Ding is mentally weak. Nowhere near Ding's abilities.

Says who, fucknuts? Mark Selby is definitely the most gifted tactical and safety player I've ever seen. Or do only potting and breakbuilding count as abilities? Mind you, he's pretty good at them too.

Is that you Coland? Anyway this is a pointless argument, Ding can prove me wrong by winning the worlds but I don't really care about his mental strength either way.

Postby Holden Chinaski

kolompar wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Thanks. I was afraid the message was going to get lost <ok>

Pink Ball wrote:

Is that you Coland? Anyway this is a pointless argument, Ding can prove me wrong by winning the worlds but I don't really care about his mental strength either way.

Selby was 30 years old when he won his first world championship... Ding is 30 now.

Selby is 34 years old and has 13 ranking titles. Ding is 30 years old and has 13 ranking titles.

Postby Wildey

Whether your Black, White, Asian, Scottish, Welsh or English Racism is Racism and will not be tolerated here on Snooker Island i do know some people are more sensitive than others to it however that does not make it right.

I Think Lucky has put out a warning so ANY more of that rubbish and i will be taking direct action without a further warning.