Post a reply

Re: Did Jill Douglas need to apologise?

Postby Andy Spark

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:He wasn't suspended.

He was, but it was a suspended sentence.

Told “it’s rubbish luck that it sounded a bit bucking rude. Just bucking try to sound less bucking rude in future or the bucking rubbish will hit the fan.”

Postby Iranu

Andy Spark wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:He wasn't suspended.

He was, but it was a suspended sentence.

Told “it’s rubbish luck that it sounded a bit bucking rude. Just bucking try to sound less bucking rude in future or the bucking rubbish will hit the fan.”

The Snookerfan?

Postby Dan-cat

He definitely said 'he's picked up so much sh*t in the last ten years' and was completely unaware of it.

It reminds me of when I was 16 in the sixth form and listening to gangster rap (NWA) on my headphones and the teacher prompted me for something or other, and for some reason I said (about a fellow classmate) 'well everyone knows you are a f*cking spoilt b*stard.'

The teacher looked shocked and said 'I think you better leave Dan.' So I did. Ha.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Dan-cat wrote:He definitely said 'he's picked up so much sh*t in the last ten years' and was completely unaware of it.

It reminds me of when I was 16 in the sixth form and listening to gangster rap (NWA) on my headphones and the teacher prompted me for something or other, and for some reason I said (about a fellow classmate) 'well everyone knows you are a f*cking spoilt b*stard.'

The teacher looked shocked and said 'I think you better leave Dan.' So I did. Ha.

Good taste. I still love that gangster rap to this day. Biggie was my top man. Legend.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Cloud Strife wrote:Can't stand gangster rap, or rap of any sort, for that matter. It's absolute horse marmite, imo.

That NWA, Tupac, Biggie, Snoop and Dre era was class. And the West Coast v East Coast war added to the mix. Since Tupac and Biggie were rubbed out it was never the same and like you i think rap is horse manure ever since. I haven't listened to any of the modern rap. Those old style gangster rappers pioneered that music. It peaked back then. Glad i was only a young buck at the time. Biggie & Tupac, RIP brothers. Gone but never forgotten.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Pink Ball wrote:Call me old school but I still think it's hard to beat Grandmaster Flash and "The Message". Not sure how gracefully it's aged, but buck it was groundbreaking stuff.

That was the first proper hip hop tune. One of my all time favourites. Simply a work of genius. Love it.

Postby Pink Ball

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Call me old school but I still think it's hard to beat Grandmaster Flash and "The Message". Not sure how gracefully it's aged, but buck it was groundbreaking stuff.

That was the first proper hip hop tune. One of my all time favourites. Simply a work of genius. Love it.

Probably the closest thing we had to a genre being introduced to the mainstream since Nirvana brought grunge to the limelight.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Pink Ball wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:

Probably the closest thing we had to a genre being introduced to the mainstream since Nirvana brought grunge to the limelight.

Yea definately. The Message spawned hip hop and gangster rap. Love the video the lads sittin on the stoop of some shithole in New york all dressed up to the nines and portraying vividly how tough their lives were growin up in the 'hood and all the obstacles they face on a daily basis. That back beat will live forever. All time classic.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Pink Ball wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:

Nirvana came after Flash; it is clear you are talking bullocks.

Please desist

Postby Pink Ball

Chalk McHugh wrote:Dont push me cos i'm close to the edge
im tryin not to lose my head
its like a jungle sometimes
im tryin to keep my head from goin under

Stunning. One of those occasions when music came close to perfection.

Last night I was just shuffling between just three songs: Wichita Lineman; A Change is Gonna Come; and The Weight. Three exceptional songs.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Pink Ball wrote:

Last night I was just shuffling between just three songs: Wichita Lineman; A Change is Gonna Come; and The Weight. Three exceptional songs.

Best songs since 'Smells like Teen Spirit'

Postby Pink Ball

Pink Ball wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:

Other than, rather than since

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Best songs since 'Smells like Teen Spirit'

I always thought Nirvana had greater tracks to be honest

Postby Iranu

There are a few hip hop songs that I like. But given hoq much of the genre popularises things that shouldn't be glamourised, I'd much rather none of it exist than all of it. I actually think a lot of it is pretty disgusting.

Postby Dan-cat

Iranu wrote:There are a few hip hop songs that I like. But given hoq much of the genre popularises things that shouldn't be glamourised, I'd much rather none of it exist than all of it. I actually think a lot of it is pretty disgusting.

Public Enemy.

Postby Deewee

Iranu wrote:There are a few hip hop songs that I like. But given hoq much of the genre popularises things that shouldn't be glamourised, I'd much rather none of it exist than all of it. I actually think a lot of it is pretty disgusting.

bullocks. Do you feel the same way about rock?

Postby Chalk McHugh

Even if what these songs stand for is the real lives these people live? I dont condone criminality, murder, gangabanging, drive-by shootings etc, but i admire these musical legends like Tupac and Biggie who were born into that existence and made sweet music about it and became very wealthy young men by preaching about the lives they lived. Some of those tunes will last the test of time. What these men did in their lives will echo in eternity. Even if it is dark. It's real.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Dan-cat wrote:The Message has aged brilliantly, I can drop it anywhere in any set and it always, without fail, rocks. Fact fans: it is exactly 3:33.33 mins long. I know 'cause when I load it in the CDJ it tells me so to two decimal places.

Too right Dan. A musical masterpiece. Good music never ages.

Postby Pink Ball

Dan-cat wrote:The Message has aged brilliantly, I can drop it anywhere in any set and it always, without fail, rocks. Fact fans: it is exactly 3:33.33 mins long. I know 'cause when I load it in the CDJ it tells me so to two decimal places.

Good. I was worried my age was showing.