Post a reply

BBC and Mark Selbys wife vicky

Postby Dancan900

Has anyone else noticed that the BBC constantly make reference to Mark selbys' wife vicky when commentating on matches. So much so that i just cannot watch as its so cringeworthy and bizzare Has anyone ever heard bbc commentators mention another players wife during a match?

Re: BBC and Mark Selbys wife vicky

Postby SnookerFan

Dancan900 wrote:Has anyone else noticed that the BBC constantly make reference to Mark selbys' wife vicky when commentating on matches. So much so that i just cannot watch as its so cringeworthy and bizzare Has anyone ever heard bbc commentators mention another players wife during a match?

Yes, it has been noticed.

The BBC does get a lot of flak on this site, for various reasons. That is an example of an annoying behaviour, their obsession with Selby's wife. It's really odd.

Dennis Taylor has two loves in life. Golf and Selby's wife.

If Vicky released a sexy golf calendar, he'd probably die of a heart attack.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dancan900 wrote:Has anyone else noticed that the BBC constantly make reference to Mark selbys' wife vicky when commentating on matches. So much so that i just cannot watch as its so cringeworthy and bizzare Has anyone ever heard bbc commentators mention another players wife during a match?

Yes, it has been noticed.

The BBC does get a lot of flak on this site, for various reasons. That is an example of an annoying behaviour, their obsession with Selby's wife. It's really odd.

Dennis Taylor has two loves in life. Golf and Selby's wife.

If Vicky released a sexy golf calendar, he'd probably die of a heart attack.

What's odd about trying to add human interest to a sporting final?

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:It’s all set up. There’s usually a camera right next to her during a final. She loves it!

There's something a bit sinister about you saying that, Dan-Cat.

"Honestly, officer. She knows she loves it....."

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:What's odd about trying to add human interest to a sporting final?

It's more the pervy way they do it.

*camera pans to Vicky, who tries her best not to give a reaction*

Dennis Taylor; "There's Selby's wife, the lovely Vicky."

*Vicky smiles uncomfortably*

Dennis Taylor; "Go on Vicky, give us a wave...."

The only other time I remember BBC getting this excited about a player's WAG, was that year in Telford that Marco Fu brought his girlfriend. Taylor spent the whole week boasting that she got him a Christmas card. Either he had a thing for her, or it was the first Christmas card he'd ever got in his life. <laugh>

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:It’s all set up. There’s usually a camera right next to her during a final. She loves it!

There's something a bit sinister about you saying that, Dan-Cat.

"Honestly, officer. She knows she loves it....."

Hehe. I guess what I mean is, some players are private and you never see their family or spouses. Selby and Vicky however strike me as the kind of couple who would do a photoshoot for Hello magazine for a packet of crisps.

Postby SnookerFan

Dennis Taylor does come across as he's the one who loves it the most, though.

Maybe he is just excited that there's somebody whose name he remembers. <laugh>

It's a bit like the woman's football on BBC. When Jonathan Pearce commentates, he sounds like he can't believe his luck. He gets paid to look at women.

Postby Iranu

They seem do to it a lot with Higgins's wife as well.

If Williams's wife joins him in Sheffield be prepared for a lot of panning over to her and frequent mentions of the terrible illness she's been through, as well as how she comvinced him to keep playing a year ago.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

The worst for this I ever saw was in darts when Kim Huybrechts first played in the World Championship. He had a good run in his only previous TV event on ITV4 a few months before and people had noticed how good looking his girlfriend was. So when he made his debut on Sky they cut to her in the crowd all the time. During his third round match with Paul Nicholson they showed her after every throw and the crowd cheered every time which drove Nicholson mad.

Postby TheSaviour

I don´t know what´s going on with Vicky but I quite seriously tried to find a flaw on Mark´s game but just couldn´t find it.

And that EXACTLY was the reason I came back to post on here; to find a flaw from Mark´s game and to post about it. But just couldn´t found it anymore.

I would had found it a year ago.

But not anymore.

Not that he has won much any matches lately. But we know what is approaching.

Over the years I have putted quite many people back in to the order. I still can do it. Actually, a very much can do that. But even I have my limitations. I can only do that if I find a flaw, a reason to do that.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:Are you suggesting that Mark Selby's form now is better than it was a year ago? rofl

You know how it is with the Saviour. He seems to take the stuffing right out of you. I mean to say, there is something about his personality that paralyses the vocal cords and reduces the contents of the brain to cauliflower.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Are you suggesting that Mark Selby's form now is better than it was a year ago? rofl

You know how it is with the Saviour. He seems to take the stuffing right out of you. I mean to say, there is something about his personality that paralyses the vocal cords and reduces the contents of the brain to cauliflower.

Did he already do it to himself?

Postby Pink Ball

TheSaviour wrote:I don´t know what´s going on with Vicky but I quite seriously tried to find a flaw on Mark´s game but just couldn´t find it.

And that EXACTLY was the reason I came back to post on here; to find a flaw from Mark´s game and to post about it. But just couldn´t found it anymore.

Right, does this mean you can buck off then?

Postby Dan-cat

I don't want to wrong anybody, so I won't go so far as to say that the Saviour actually writes poetry, but his conversation, to my mind, is of a nature calculated to excite the liveliest of suspicions. Well, I mean to say, when he suddenly asks you out of a blue sky if you don't sometimes feel that the stars are God's daisy-chain, you begin to think a bit.