Post a reply

The Magnet Frame

Postby Roland

Player misses a colour which stays in the jaw and is unhittable because it's blocked by reds. Start of scenario looks like this, safety is played to make sure the white is on the opposite side of the table so no chance of leaving a red to other corner:

Eventually the frame will look like this:

The black has acted like a magnet, drawing the reds towards it.

Most commentators cry "re-rack" but I think the players should always carry on until one of them pots the black because it will happen eventually and I love playing in these sorts of frames.

The "Magnet Frame" everyone.

Copyright :santa:

Re: The Magnet Frame

Postby Bourne

Line up, pull the cue back and ... SMMMMAAAAAASSSSSSHHHHHHHH

:ahh:

Postby mediter

How come you posted this now when Steve Davis, Ebdon and Dott are playing <laugh>

"Attacking" safety-shots :love:
Last edited by mediter on 20 Apr 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Roland

I'm just getting it in writing so that when everyone starts to know it as a magnet frame, I invented the term :santa:

Postby Eirebilly

Sonny wrote:I'm just getting it in writing so that when everyone starts to know it as a magnet frame, I invented the term :santa:

Good name Sonny, My dad always called it a herd frame, as in when one of the herd moves the rest follow.

Postby Monique

Well obviously Ebdon and Dott just went into the perfect demonstration of playing the magnet frame with great skill. Ended in rerack after some 30 minutes ;)

Postby Roland

I guess if it was played in the club you'd carry on. I love trying to get my opponent to pot the black!

Postby Smart

Ebbo was well within his rights to do what he did because he was well down in the frame 39-10.

Dotty was trying his best to move the reds away from the pocket area to continue the frame. Ref PW asked the players if this was "going anywhere" and Dotty said "he was trying to make something happen".

Really gripping stuff, because Ebbo was catching some real fine edges of safety shots pushing the reds that Dotty was trying to bring into play back around the pocket with the black hanging over it.

<cool>