Post a reply

Re: Snooker. An American perspective

Postby Pink Ball

Holden Chinaski wrote:What do you Irish folk think of Conor McGregor? Anyone here watch UFC fighting at all?

I don't like McGregor much, I like Nate Diaz. The current heavyweight champ, Stipe Miocic, is my personal favourite. Fedor emelianenko used to be fantastic, but he wasn't in UFC...

He's a runt

Postby Holden Chinaski

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:What do you Irish folk think of Conor Mcgregor? Anyone here watch UFC fighting at all?

I don't like Mcgregor much, I like Nate Diaz. The current heavyweight champ, Stipe Miocic, is my personal favourite. Fedor emelianenko used to be fantastic, but he wasn't in UFC...

Like Fergal O Brien, Conor McGregor has lived in Lucan since he was 15. Both live close to me.

Personnally i cant stand UFC/MMA and have never watched McGregor even once. Cant stand him. I am in the minority in that i feel. Especially in Dublin but thats just the way i feel.

I like MMA, but I can't stand McGregor either, I think he's a hammer. I like more humble fighters like Stipe Miocic.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Pink Ball wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:What do you Irish folk think of Conor McGregor? Anyone here watch UFC fighting at all?

I don't like McGregor much, I like Nate Diaz. The current heavyweight champ, Stipe Miocic, is my personal favourite. Fedor emelianenko used to be fantastic, but he wasn't in UFC...

He's a runt

Agreed <ok>

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

SnookerFan wrote:Always wanted to go to MSG.

Growing up, that is where a lot of the wrestling was.

Also, thw boxing.

I never thought about that. I was at a venue that hosted three Wrestlemania's. It looks small enough when you're in there.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Pink Ball wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Just had a look at some Garlic football on YouTube. I have not seen it before and it looks superb.

The 2013 semi-final between Dublin and Kerry, the traditional 'big two' was the finest match I've watched.

I was at the 2005 Tyrone-Armagh semi-final and it was incredible.

Postby Chalk McHugh

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Just had a look at some Garlic football on YouTube. I have not seen it before and it looks superb.

The 2013 semi-final between Dublin and Kerry, the traditional 'big two' was the finest match I've watched.

I was at the 2005 Tyrone-Armagh semi-final and it was incredible.

Peter Canavan last gasp free to win it. Those two teams had some battles for about 5 years. Savage game.

Postby Iranu

Americans seem to treat their sports like going to the movies. They root for their teams like the hero of a comic book film rather than the tribal, primal support that British football teams get.

It's weird, but it's not American sports that suffer with rampant hooliganism so maybe they're doing something right...

Postby Holden Chinaski

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Always wanted to go to MSG.

Growing up, that is where a lot of the wrestling was.

Also, thw boxing.

I never thought about that. I was at a venue that hosted three Wrestlemania's. It looks small enough when you're in there.

It's also the place where Elvis gave some of his best performances.

Postby Andy Spark

Why is Hearn going on about snooker not being popular because a semi-final lasts three days? First, it’s only in the World Championship that this is the case and secondly, it only lasts three days because there are other matches on between sessions.

Hearn seems obsessed with speeding everything up. If Hearn was promoting cricket there would be no Ashes tour, only frantic 20-20 swiping in an afternoon.

Postby Cloud Strife

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

He's a runt

Agreed <ok>

I think Conor Mcgregor's great. I enjoy his braggadocio and flamboyant personality.

His mental warfare and dismantling of Jose Aldo, in particular, was a thing of beauty, imo.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Cloud Strife wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

He's a runt

Agreed <ok>

I think Conor Mcgregor's great. I enjoy his braggadocio and flamboyant personality.

His mental warfare and dismantling of Jose Aldo, in particular, was a thing of beauty, imo.

I wouldn't watch ufc if it was out the back garden. Horse manure.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Cloud Strife wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

He's a runt

Agreed <ok>

He's a bit too flamboyant for me. Il like fighters like Stipe Miocic. Fedor Emelianenko was the best in his prime, in my opinion. Those kind of fighters don't need the trash talk and mental games. They just do the business and have respect for their opponents. Mcgregor is a bit too WWE for me...

Postby Chalk McHugh

Hiw Mayweather and McGregor fooled 100 million out of peiple i'll never understand. Mcgregor left Crumlin boxing club at 15 because he was no use. To keep the illusion going Maywether hardly threw a punch (i didnt see it but read the reports) in the first few rounds. My motver would have lasted those rounds. McGregor quickly ran out of puff and could hatdly hold his arms up after the seventh round. And he supposed to be a supremely fit young man. He was miles off the pace of a 40 year old man. A complete farce. WWE fantasy. Make believe. But people will always be sucked in by nonsense. Thank God there's many more that can see through the charade. Fools and their money...... makes a little mouthpiece like McGregor a very rich man.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Chalk McHugh wrote:Hiw Mayweather and McGregor fooled 100 million out of peiple i'll never understand. Mcgregor left Crumlin boxing club at 15 because he was no use. To keep the illusion going Maywether hardly threw a punch (i didnt see it but read the reports) in the first few rounds. My motver would have lasted those rounds. McGregor quickly ran out of puff and could hatdly hold his arms up after the seventh round. And he supposed to be a supremely fit young man. He was miles off the pace of a 40 year old man. A complete farce. WWE fantasy. Make believe. But people will always be sucked in by nonsense. Thank God there's many more that can see through the charade. Fools and their money...... makes a little mouthpiece like McGregor a very rich man.

I agree.

But some UFC fights are great. There are much better fighters than Mcgregor in the UFC. Like Stipe Miocic, Daniel Cormier, Jon Jones and also Georges St Pierre who is truly special.

Postby SnookerFan

Chalk McHugh wrote:Hiw Mayweather and McGregor fooled 100 million out of peiple i'll never understand. Mcgregor left Crumlin boxing club at 15 because he was no use. To keep the illusion going Maywether hardly threw a punch (i didnt see it but read the reports) in the first few rounds. My motver would have lasted those rounds. McGregor quickly ran out of puff and could hatdly hold his arms up after the seventh round. And he supposed to be a supremely fit young man. He was miles off the pace of a 40 year old man. A complete farce. WWE fantasy. Make believe. But people will always be sucked in by nonsense. Thank God there's many more that can see through the charade. Fools and their money...... makes a little mouthpiece like McGregor a very rich man.

People are stupid, I guess.

I thought the people who purchased the Haye vs Audley Harrison PPV were the most gullible. But boxing keeps finding a exploit the hype-lovers.

Postby TheSaviour

It´s always when talking with an American, or Russian, or Chinese, when hailing from the small country like I am.. With a who who´s there somebody, a someone, but not that huge. Regardless if it would be Vladimir Putin from Russia or Mikael Shiffrin from USA. It´s hilarious, because I always starts, that hey, if our countries would be allied, how would YOU protect us against an another powerfull and then hostile huge and powefull countries? Then he or she always starts it, I......WOULD.....PROTECT.....YOUR....COUNTRY.......IN.....A......WAY......WHERE.....I......OR.......US......WOULD..... At his point I always starts to laugh that hah haahha haaaaa hah hah rofl rofl rofl rofl :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that´s completely hilarious, like YOU solely could protect us like that... That I WOULD PROTECT YOU as itself is a complety joke and such hilarious. It attachs so much joke that it is hilarious.

If I would had that conversation with Vladimir Putin, it would be so funny. Like he SOLELY could protect us.

It´s no joke that there are some weapons which are made to be used, if just the balance of the world would allow to do so. But that joke about the protection is so funny that those wars will never ever even starts before the laughter ends.

And so far it hasn´t.

So far it hasn´t.

You can tell I have some street wisdom, no? I do have that. Let me tell just an another example of how I operate on the streets. I, a reasonably big lad, a scary opponent, to any given normal person out there, eye things. If I clearly see that someone is trying to be like me, that´s always bad. He or she doesn´t mean it like that. He or she is up for a fight. They are just afraid. They know I would beat them straight up, if the problems would arrive. There are many other reasons also why it works exactly like that. I dislike it when I see the people trying to ally with me. They are just looking for troubles. And vice versa. That´s why I am so critical towards the persons I actually very much like and eye them as usefull. Overally.

You can tell I used to have some major problems with a heavy depression. That was already a 10 years ago. But those times were the happiest, by far, of my life. They knew I had some problems regarding the anger management. I was being looked after. In order I wouldn´t launch any attacks. That was a genius move. I didn´t. Because I was afraid of the consequences. The human works exatcly like that, by all the possible ways and means. That´s how it should work. And it worked. During that period I even posted my best posts on here by a country mile. I was heavily depressed, and that was the genius move.

But on these days the people on the streets are like, please don´t do anything, we are with you, we are exatcly like you. And that´s an abysmall level of thinking. I hate those people. See.. You should be against me, not with me. Don´t do the same clothing as me. I see immeaditely through you, clown.

During that period I was heavily depressed, I managed to have a proper chat even with my father. Or o few proper chats. Even when otherwise he is a complete no-show. And I had a few proper words even with my now late grandpa. Who was the man to beat on the streets. I didn´t beat him but luckily had even a few words with him. And a proper conversations with me father.

The trouble Ronnie or Selby sees is that the most of the people fails to orienteer properly. They are not where they are supposed to be. That´s a fault of those people. The technology is perfectly fine and working just as it should work. As it was designed to work. Ronnie and Selby does know that. The people don´t accept that. They blame the technology. But in reality, they just don´t know how to orienteer. Where to orienteer.