Post a reply

Re: Shootout 2018

Postby Alex0paul

Kurt Dunham on course for an overdue ranking title

Postby LC

Did anyone see Mitchell Mann concede with enough reds on to win but only 3 mins left and 62-0 down? Wonder if he will get a fine lol

Postby SnookerFan

LC wrote:Did anyone see Mitchell Mann concede with enough reds on to win but only 3 mins left and 62-0 down? Wonder if he will get a fine lol

He'll go up three ranking positions because of it.

Postby Iranu

That double from Wattana was pretty special.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:That double from Wattana was pretty special.

Indeed :bowdown:

Reminded me of Alex Higgins.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Alex Higgins would be great to watch playing in a tournament like this in his prime. :bowdown:

Postby Chalk McHugh

Tom Ford has the worst lag shot so far. Barely got past the pink.

Postby Iranu

Pockets seem tighter than in most tournaments. You'd think it'd be the other way round if anything.

Postby Iranu

One good thing about the Shootout is that it demonstrates how snooker doesn't need constant big breaks to be exciting.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:Pockets seem tighter than in most tournaments. You'd think it'd be the other way round if anything.

I've noticed that as well. This is one tournament I wouldn't mind bigger pockets.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

People are posting more in the other thread but it is in the Junkyard, so you have to click 'New Posts' rather than 'Active Topics'.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Badsnookerplayer wrote:People are posting more in the other thread but it is in the Junkyard, so you have to click 'New Posts' rather than 'Active Topics'.

<doh> Did not know that <laugh>

Thanks! <ok>

Postby TheSaviour

Time to go home, Georgiou.
Last edited by TheSaviour on 12 Feb 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:Kurt Dunham on course for an overdue ranking title

Be a shame if he won this one.

Postby TheSaviour

What a great final match that was! Wow!! Graeme quick-fired far from the behind in a way not even Ronnie couldn´t ever had! While it is just that one frame and that merciless shot-clock. Obviously I very well knew Graeme´s an excellent, excellent player but not having a clue he is capable to quick-fire like that. Never quite seen anything like that before. Every credit to Michael Georgiou of getting the job done. Graeme just should had dished that blue+pink+black to win it when he had a clear chance.

But probably one of the best final I have ever witnessed. Might very well even be the best one.

Every well thought out thing is a good thing. Regardless if that´s quick or slow. Or even a very quick. But then you really need to have it actually thought out, and not just going purely with the intuition. I tend to like the Japanese athletes as they always reasoned it out first. Always think first, and only after that do the action. The Japan is not the greatest sporting country in the world but that´s just down the physical facts. The previouses, the culture, the food, the climate all does the telling. But I appreciate the Japanese as they always thinks it first. They tend to get too tight and kind of a bottle it. But that´s always down to the facts, not the attitude or the brain-works. So every credit to them also, as well as to Michael Georgiou now. I wouldn´t be just big in Japan but a huge in Japan! As I am like that also.

The God always just think, think, think and think. While a very little action. If even any. That´s how I believe the things are. And that´s why there´s never any limitations. Because the God has only done the thinking part. But when the action actually begins..... Well well. There you go then. So that´s why we are always bound to see some new great finals and the new standards. As this certainly was!

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

TheSaviour wrote:What a great final match that was! Wow!! Graeme quick-fired far from the behind in a way not even Ronnie couldn´t ever had! While it is just that one frame and that merciless shot-clock. Obviously I very well knew Graeme´s an excellent, excellent player but not having a clue he is capable to quick-fire like that.

Graeme’s spent the latter part of his career trying to prove to the world he is a fast player. To his own detriment.

Postby Andy Spark

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Reckon Wildey watched the final and got converted.

Does Wildey drink alcohol? The only way in my honest opinion.