Post a reply

Re: Snooker Season 2018/2019

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:Here's the provisional list for next season. (Well half of it.)

http://www.worldsnooker.com/wp-content/ ... lendar.pdf

Notice they've learned from last year's mistake, and haven't confirmed where the English Open will be held. rofl

In England. Almost definitely.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Here's the provisional list for next season. (Well half of it.)

Notice they've learned from last year's mistake, and haven't confirmed where the English Open will be held. rofl

Nothing would surprise me with World Snooker. <laugh>

Postby Pink Ball

Dan-cat wrote:

Hey, this is World Snooker we're talking about. They'd play it in Dublin if they needed to.

Postby SnookerFan

It doesn't help me make any decisions as to what tournaments to attend if I don't know where half of them are.

I'm tempted to do York again, but may see what I think of Preston in February first.

Postby Pink Ball

SnookerFan wrote:It doesn't help me make any decisions as to what tournaments to attend if I don't know where half of them are.

I'm tempted to do York again, but may see what I think of Preston in February first.

I'd love to do Preston again. I might meet up with you at some point there in the future! We can have a blackcurrant cordial or two seeing as I don't drink and you're cutting back! Cheaper on my pocket, too, crucially.

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:I'd love to do Preston again. I might meet up with you at some point there in the future! We can have a blackcurrant cordial or two seeing as I don't drink and you're cutting back! Cheaper on my pocket, too, crucially.

I might cut back on cutting back for the weekend. rofl

Seriously though. If you're around, and I'm around. I'll say hello. (And then run away quickly.)

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I'd love to do Preston again. I might meet up with you at some point there in the future! We can have a blackcurrant cordial or two seeing as I don't drink and you're cutting back! Cheaper on my pocket, too, crucially.

Seriously though. If you're around, and I'm around. I'll say hello. (And then run away quickly.)

I bet he's a kitten in the flesh.

Postby Pink Ball

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I bet he's a kitten in the flesh.

Unfortunately, I'm the exact same offline.

Postby snooky147

Potentially a full month away from home in September. Shanghai, China, India and China again.

Postby Cloud Strife

snooky147 wrote:Potentially a full month away from home in September. Shanghai, China, India and China again.

Good.

Hopefully, Barry Hearn will put on even more tournaments across the world.

Postby SnookerFan

snooky147 wrote:Potentially a full month away from home in September. Shanghai, China, India and China again.

You going?

Postby snooky147

SnookerFan wrote:

You going?

No mate, My days of travelling are long gone though if I can get the cash together I wouldn't mind 17 days at Sheffield some time.

Postby SnookerFan

snooky147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

You going?

No mate, My days of travelling are long gone though if I can get the cash together I wouldn't mind 17 days at Sheffield some time.

Wouldn't we all?

The tickets and the hotel would cost thousands of pounds, sadly.

And often tickets are hard to come by these days. The final near impossible, unless you want to spend hundreds per session on Stub Hub.

Postby SnookerFan

Chalk McHugh wrote:A week in London for the Masters.Now thats a good wee holiday.

I've already got a ticket for the Thursday afternoon quarter final. rofl

Postby Chalk McHugh

SnookerFan wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:A week in London for the Masters.Now thats a good wee holiday.

Ha that's an eager beaver. I'll mix a few sessions (maybe 4 or 5) with a bit of sight seeing.

Postby SnookerFan

Chalk McHugh wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Ha that's an eager beaver. I'll mix a few sessions (maybe 4 or 5) with a bit of sight seeing.

I warn you, the Ally Pally is a bit of a trek from anything touristy. (Or anything at all, really.)

That's not to say you can't take in some of London town. But it's not like you can stroll out of the venue, straight into famous landmarks.

You might have to plan in advance what you do, and when.

Postby Chalk McHugh

SnookerFan wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I warn you, the Ally Pally is a bit of a trek from anything touristy. (Or anything at all, really.)

That's not to say you can't take in some of London town. But it's not like you can stroll out of the venue, straight into famous landmarks.

You might have to plan in advance what you do, and when.

Ah yea,i know that. I'll give myself plenty of time to have a browse around the city. I'll give myself a wee list of things to do and see. Nothing crazy,maybe one thing to do each day. I don't like rushing anywhere and being stressed.