Post a reply

Re: The Championship League starts today

Postby Dan-cat

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
motorhead wrote:Zhou's level these last two days has been simply insane.

Have you been watching it?

Zhou is my tip for the first Chinese WC along with Yan

Zhou, Cao, Barley McBao, Cuthbert, Dibble and Scrub are all in the running

Postby TheSaviour

A two questions.

Is Hamilton a biiiiit too arrogant these days ? He gets in, makes that 25 on board then he is like weeeeeeelllllllllll I think the cue ball should next stand there and from there I split the pack. And then he misses that difficult pot. Any cue ball control or difficult pot should be made with a maximum attempt and concentration. Otherwise it is always going to be missed.

And Mark King has impressed me. He doesn´t seems to be making virtually any mistakes during the safety exchanges. He is patient also. And when he has a clear chance he is deadly. Highly impressive! The way he played that first group. He´s right up there to battle it out. I thought he would be dead and buried already now during these days, but no.

Denise :drool: :lol: :lol: :lol: (Too bad Arsenal didn´t won).

Postby Deewee

Cloud Strife wrote:Selby skipped a few rankers recently, yet he's willing to play in this? :chin:

Missed Northern Ireland and Scottish and now wants some match practice for the Masters. Don't know what's so :chin: about it?

Postby Dan-cat

Deewee wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Selby skipped a few rankers recently, yet he's willing to play in this? :chin:

Missed Northern Ireland and Scottish and now wants some match practice for the Masters. Don't know what's so :chin: about it?

Quite. Smart move. Might as well get paid to practice...

Postby motorhead

Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Yes watched all of his matches, was about to clinch even the one he loss vs Maguire. Totally fearless and went for crazy pots like they were piece of cake. He'll certainly be a contender at the Crucible.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

motorhead wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Yes watched all of his matches, was about to clinch even the one he loss vs Maguire. Totally fearless and went for crazy pots like they were piece of cake. He'll certainly be a contender at the Crucible.

He's a great player to watch.

Seems like Hamilton is making more money here. Very lucrative for him so far!

Postby TheSaviour

I tend to like this championship league of snooker. It gives any player an opportunity to see what is the current own level of playing. There´s absolutely no way to fool yourself; at least 6 matches during the two days. And the top of it, all of those matches are the races to 3 where the better player just simply wins if an opponent even a slightly rusty, and all the possible opponents are well seasoned top players.

It´s like here we can have the cult sausage (currywurst) in 7 different "burn levels" extending to a fiery!!

:limp2: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I mean here it is not possible to have any unnecessary HYPE. If someone let´s say Kyren Wilson gets a good run during the ordinary tournaments there is your hype. Which is perhaps and probably being caused by just winning an odd match against just someone. And then a few more wons like that with some centuries. But here if someone gets the hype it´s all well deserved. Absolutely no way to fool anyone.

I have never understood the term "arguably". Why not using the term "unarguably" instead, as it makes a perfect sense. Unarguably, when a player does well here and wins it, there´s everything clicking. An odd wins, maybe 3/6 with a century or a two, doesn´t help here. Or it does help a bit, but doesn´t cause any hype.

I must say it would be superb to get Reanne Evans playing a group stage. How well she could do when and where everything is counting? She´s a great character. Almost any other person would already had collapsed under the pressure she has been. But she´s still there. The same personality, the same body.

Postby The_Abbott

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Fantastic group in the CL today. Is Hamilton playing the system though??

What do you mean?

He beat just beat Selby.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

The_Abbott wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Fantastic group in the CL today. Is Hamilton playing the system though??

What do you mean?

He beat just beat Selby.

Well he has got to the final every day and lost.
He is therefore involved the following day
This means he is maximising his financial benefit from the matches - it is better to play and lose a final than to win it (I believe)

Postby The_Abbott

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:

What do you mean?

He beat just beat Selby.

This means he is maximising his financial benefit from the matches - it is better to play and lose a final than to win it (I believe)

oh yes I see what you mean. If he gets 7x £2,000 that's more than £10,000 to win the whole thing. Gotcha. I'm so slow.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

The_Abbott wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:

What do you mean?

He beat just beat Selby.

oh yes I see what you mean. If he gets 7x £2,000 that's more than £10,000 to win the whole thing. Gotcha. I'm so slow.

Even better - lose all finals except the last one..

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

World Snooker @WorldSnooker1
Please note that Neil Robertson has withdrawn from Championship League Group Two for personal reasons so his group match against Anthony Hamilton will not take place

Postby The_Abbott

SnookerFan wrote:TWITTER ATTACK!

World Snooker @WorldSnooker1
Please note that Neil Robertson has withdrawn from Championship League Group Two for personal reasons so his group match against Anthony Hamilton will not take place

That's not fair to Hamilton if hes eliminated without playing a game or does he qualify as 5th place and goes into group 3?

Maguire must be going home with Robertson I take it?

Postby Iceman33

I really can`t stand Hamilton. His matches are unwatchable. In every mini session his match is the longer, almost every frame is boring and scrappy. And now he will play also in group 3? When he played Zhou in group 1 final I was diveded if I want Zhou to win (who I really like) or Hamilton to win, which means I won`t watch him in the other groups.

Postby Mildey

Wildey wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:I cannot understand why this event is still being played.

Hearn’s gift to the bookies that prop up our sport.

How is it a gift.

its basically practice with a structure if you lose the final you get more practice and win a few more cash.

everything bookies should be against is in this event

very good post couldnt agree more
Last edited by Mildey on 06 Jan 2018, edited 1 time in total.