Post a reply

Re: The Championship League starts today

Postby Deewee

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Hamilton was involved again yesterday. He made the final and lost, so is in action again today.

No, these are two day groups. Hamilton's only been in one final.

Postby The_Abbott

Iceman33 wrote:I really can`t stand Hamilton. His matches are unwatchable. In every mini session his match is the longer, almost every frame is boring and scrappy. And now he will play also in group 3? When he played Zhou in group 1 final I was diveded if I want Zhou to win (who I really like) or Hamilton to win, which means I won`t watch him in the other groups.

Some of his frames drag on but he has made plenty of 50+ breaks and 2 100+ breaks. I like watching him as much as I like Ronnie.

The only players I hate watching are the players Ronnie calls 'numpities' because they can't make a break of 50 and the frames all last an hour.

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:Some of his frames drag on but he has made plenty of 50+ breaks and 2 100+ breaks. I like watching him as much as I like Ronnie.

The only players I hate watching are the players Ronnie calls 'numpities' because they can't make a break of 50 and the frames all last an hour.

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

World Snooker‏ @WorldSnooker1
Mark Allen has withdrawn from Group Four of Championship League Snooker for family reasons. His match against Barry Hawkins has been removed from the group table and the group will now continue with six players. Revised fixtures can be found at http://www.championshipleaguesnooker.co.uk

Sounds bad for Allen. I wonder if he'll be at the Ally Pally on Sunday night?

Postby SnookerFan

kolompar wrote:Didn't realise Li Hang was ranked so high.

Where are the real snooker fans?

They've found the super secret way of watching live, only for real fans.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:TWITTER ATTACK!

World Snooker‏ @WorldSnooker1
Mark Allen has withdrawn from Group Four of Championship League Snooker for family reasons. His match against Barry Hawkins has been removed from the group table and the group will now continue with six players. Revised fixtures can be found at http://www.championshipleaguesnooker.co.uk

Sounds bad for Allen. I wonder if he'll be at the Ally Pally on Sunday night?

lol he later said in an interview at the Masters that the table at the CL was unplayable and he would be better off practising at home with friends.

Turns out that was the best thing he could have done.

Postby The_Abbott

Deewee wrote:Don't sell it short, it's best of five!

Your right. And they win 100 quid a frame so I can see why the players don't mind losing 6 games if they can win a few frames to pay for a holiday at Butlins

Postby Andre147

Well thats one of the maxis I've seen! He played each difficult shot as if he coulntd care less lol..

Ok he got that fluke, in fact two flukes because he was perfect on the black too, but the rest of the break and amazing pots were just out of this world!

Well done Luca!!!

Postby Holden Chinaski

Deewee wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2246&v=VjdzvYyQVv8 Massive fluke aided Brecel but some great pots along the way to the maximum

That last black! :clap:

Postby Johnny Bravo

Just watched the break on youtube, thanks 4 the link.

I must say that's the most outrageous fluke I've ever seen. I'm talking about the red he made when he was only on 48 points. Brecel did make some greats shots, and played so casually. The doubled red towards the end of the break, the pot on the yellow, the pink with reverse side and that very difficult black to the middle.
You can clearly see the kid's a special talent. However, he still has major issued with his positional game, he needs to improve them if he wants to be a regular event winner.

But overall, great break, and even more special since it was against Higgo. :hatoff:

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Superb from Brecel - his career is progressing nicely

One good ranking win, but little else.

Well he has won quarter of a million in prize money this year and is sixth on the list

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Superb from Brecel - his career is progressing nicely

One good ranking win, but little else.

Well he has won quarter of a million in prize money this year and is sixth on the list

DECLINE!

Postby Andre147

Luca needs to improve his cue ball control massively. He already has a good safety game and breakbuiliding.

If he does that, he'll be a regular winner.