Post a reply

Re: Akani Sadsongsmeansomuch

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:He´s solid yet rather strange.

But now, the people have finally run out the excuses of not having an interesting thai-player involved. The siege is finally over. That´s the price there is when nominating one country just solely crazy and rubbish. They just shouldn´t had done that. Now it is all over to them. They can´t keep up doing it anymore :D :D.

James already has been good enough. Sunny (Akani) is an other good one.

Reported.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:
TheSaviour wrote:He´s solid yet rather strange.

But now, the people have finally run out the excuses of not having an interesting thai-player involved. The siege is finally over. That´s the price there is when nominating one country just solely crazy and rubbish. They just shouldn´t had done that. Now it is all over to them. They can´t keep up doing it anymore :D :D.

James already has been good enough. Sunny (Akani) is an other good one.

Reported.

<ok>

Postby Hyperion

I think a lot of hype has been made over virtually nothing. It was a good performance for a lower ranked player, but way the commentators and press are going on it's like he scored 6 centuries or something. Ronnie didn't turn up and played worst match all year probably. It was dismal. I am not sure you can class it as "lucky to win" - because his opponent wasn't playing well enough to beat him. It wasn't unlucky that he knocked the blue(?) in - it was a poor shot. It's nice to see some new blood and, PERHAPS, some potential... but I believe in results, not hype.

Judd Trump is a much better player and always was, but he still hasn't measured up to the real potential he has. So I am not going to bang drums for someone who has imagined potential.

Postby Andre147

Judd Trump could very well end up like the next Jimmy White. Great entertainers, but can't fulfill their immense potencial.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Hyperion wrote:I think a lot of hype has been made over virtually nothing. It was a good performance for a lower ranked player, but way the commentators and press are going on it's like he scored 6 centuries or something. Ronnie didn't turn up and played worst match all year probably. It was dismal. I am not sure you can class it as "lucky to win" - because his opponent wasn't playing well enough to beat him. It wasn't unlucky that he knocked the blue(?) in - it was a poor shot. It's nice to see some new blood and, PERHAPS, some potential... but I believe in results, not hype.

Judd Trump is a much better player and always was, but he still hasn't measured up to the real potential he has. So I am not going to bang drums for someone who has imagined potential.

I thought he played rather well. Do you not think that he may have been somehow responsible for O’Sullivan playing poorly in the second part of the match?

Postby Hyperion

No. He wasn't responsible for Ronnie missing blues and blacks off the spot. That was Ronnie. He has no ability to make Ronnie miss straight easy blues. He didn't play anything special, and Ronnie didn't turn up. I'll believe this kid is something special when I see results.

Postby Andre147

Hyperion wrote:No. He wasn't responsible for Ronnie missing blues and blacks off the spot. That was Ronnie. He has no ability to make Ronnie miss straight easy blues. He didn't play anything special, and Ronnie didn't turn up. I'll believe this kid is something special when I see results.

Precisely. I thought he played pretty well, as best as he could have done, yet couldn't beat an O'Sullivan who was all over the place, missing everything after the MSI.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Akani will be top sixteen within three years

IMO he'll never crack that top 16. He doesn't have the all round game to do that.
Due to Ronnie's poor performance in that match, this Akani dude has been elevated far above his actual value.

Postby Cloud Strife

Did also beat Hawkins 6-0, tbf. However losing to Jimmy White in the year 2017 is not a good look, it has to be said.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Cloud Strife wrote:Did also beat Hawkins 6-0, tbf.

True, but Barry hasn't exactly been in beast mode lately, has he ? :boo:

Cloud Strife wrote:However losing to Jimmy White in the year 2017 is not a good look, it has to be said.

That is very unlikely to happen to someone like Yan Bingtao. Now that's what I call a proper prospect for the future. Needs to shade some weight though, atm he looks like a mini-Murphy <doh> <laugh> :cow:

Postby Deewee

The_Abbott wrote:I like him but he needs a haircut.

Apparently the hair is not a fashion statement, he just doesn't trust Brits to cut his hair. So he waits until visiting Thailand to get it done. That doesn't really help the freak image any though

Postby kolompar

Deewee wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:I like him but he needs a haircut.

Apparently the hair is not a fashion statement, he just doesn't trust Brits to cut his hair. So he waits until visiting Thailand to get it done. That doesn't really help the freak image any though

You're just joking, right? rofl