Post a reply

Favourite Jonathan Bagley Moment?

Postby Alex0paul

Please post below some of your favourite Jonathan Bagley stories, moments or anecdotes.

Re: Favourite Jonathan Bagley Moment?

Postby Pink Ball

When he and Jimmy White shocked the world to contest the greatest ever World Final in 2018. In the decider, White famously went nine reds, nine blacks -- to lead 72-0 -- before slipping on a carelessly discarded bar of soap and missing the simple championship-ball red hanging over the middle bag for his first World Title.

Bagley was a bag of nerves coming to the Crucible table, but somehow completed a fluke-ridden 73 clearance to snatch the match and the World Championship from a distraught White.

Our game can be a cruel mistress. Of course, seven-time runner-up White returned home to find he'd been burgled.

Postby TheSaviour

The problem is not so much what Jonathan always decides to do, but it is what he always decides not to do. The only way to get there is to take some risks. If he just decides to play an ordinarily snooker I found it always as problematic. Instead of pushing it genueinly forward. Regardless if he is a coach or a player. Someone like Ronnie O´Sullivan has listen some Greek pop music and now he thinks he can do it all. Which he also can. But there are always going to be some tough matches which everyone loses every and now then.

MACHIAVELLI. Has it already beginned now?? I think it has! Which would mean some real progress and a great ideas.

I admit that everything is based on trust. Without it every plan goes wrong and a one is nominated as a person who can´t operate.

Shaun Murphy played a tremendous snooker but still got comprehensevely beat by Ali Carter. It is Shaun´s own fault if he can´t stay awake. I am sure otherwise it is good enough. He should just stay awake. Shaun is just such a pedant break-builder. Such a pedant break-builder.

Those are all the things Jonathan should think about while he is making the decisions. One can´t just write off all the top players and the top characters, no matter how good tactical ideas there ever might be around.

Postby Pink Ball

TheSaviour wrote:The problem is not so much what Jonathan always decides to do, but it is what he always decides not to do. The only way to get there is to take some risks. If he just decides to play an ordinarily snooker I found it always as problematic. Instead of pushing it genueinly forward. Regardless if he is a coach or a player. Someone like Ronnie O´Sullivan has listen some Greek pop music and now he thinks he can do it all. Which he also can. But there are always going to be some tough matches which everyone loses every and now then.

MACHIAVELLI. Has it already beginned now?? I think it has! Which would mean some real progress and a great ideas.

I admit that everything is based on trust. Without it every plan goes wrong and a one is nominated as a person who can´t operate.

Shaun Murphy played a tremendous snooker but still got comprehensevely beat by Ali Carter. It is Shaun´s own fault if he can´t stay awake. I am sure otherwise it is good enough. He should just stay awake. Shaun is just such a pedant break-builder. Such a pedant break-builder.

Those are all the things Jonathan should think about while he is making the decisions. One can´t just write off all the top players and the top characters, no matter how good tactical ideas there ever might be around.

Precisely.

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:The problem is not so much what Jonathan always decides to do, but it is what he always decides not to do. The only way to get there is to take some risks. If he just decides to play an ordinarily snooker I found it always as problematic. Instead of pushing it genueinly forward. Regardless if he is a coach or a player. Someone like Ronnie O´Sullivan has listen some Greek pop music and now he thinks he can do it all. Which he also can. But there are always going to be some tough matches which everyone loses every and now then.

I'm not sure you know who Jonathan Bagley is.

Postby Dan-cat

Dan-cat wrote:
TheSaviour wrote:...Someone like Ronnie O´Sullivan has listen some Greek pop music and now he thinks he can do it all...

Greek pop music is a powerful motivational tool.

I’ll do it all!

With the help of this banger https://youtu.be/Ylccsvtzh8E

Postby Dan-cat

Our favourite new son is now ranked no 2 in the world!

WORLD SENIORS RANKINGS
1 GARY FILTNESS
2 JONATHAN BAGLEY
3 PATRICK WALLACE
4 LES DODD
5 SIMON DENT
6 AIDAN OWENS
7 BARRY PINCHES
8 LEE RICHARDSON
9 SEAN LANIGAN
10 AARON CANAVAN
11 NICK SPELMAN
12 GARY BRITTON
13 RHYDIAN RICHARDS
14= GARY SKIPWORTH
ANDY MILLIARD
16 STUART WATSON

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:Did Patrick Wallace used to be a professional? I have a feeling I watched him in Telford one year.

Yeah, he was Joe Swail's best mate. They even played each other in the quarter finals at the Crucible. Can't remember which year it was.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
TheSaviour wrote:...Someone like Ronnie O´Sullivan has listen some Greek pop music and now he thinks he can do it all...

Greek pop music is a powerful motivational tool.

None of that Steve Peter cobblers.

It was Greek Pop Music that Ronnie needed all along. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

Jason Francis @Snookerlegends
jonathan bagley has been undefeated in all WST qualifiers for the last 12 months.... but he has a huge task in taking on the darlin of dublin in front of a home crowd

Postby vodkadiet

My personal favourite Bagley moment was when he thumped Jimmy White in the semis of the 2018 Irish Seniors. It was a clinic.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Watching the final, with Davis miked up and cracking jokes, chatting to the audience etc... I couldn't help but feel a little for Jonathan Bagley, one of the biggest days of his life.

I didn't see the match, but good point.

When I saw him in Redhill (against John Parrott), I thought Bagley played really well. He's the number one ranked amateur, apparently. Parrott at least took the match seriously whilst it was happening, and congratulated J-Bag after the win.

Steve probably meant no harm. These Legends events are just there to pad the wallets of the retired players. He probably didn't think what it would mean to somebody like Bagley.