Post a reply

Who remember this? Tenball!

Postby Andre147

There's been Power Snooker, which was rubbish really, and now for a few years the Shoot_Out, which I like until it became a ranking event last season.

Even so, who here remembers Tenball? It's sole version played on 1995. It was shown on ITV I think, Jimmy White won it.

Re: Who remember this? Tenball!

Postby acesinc

That is one f'ugly table! I had already been and gone from England for nearly a decade by '95 so I had heard tell of this at some point, but never actually had seen it. I cannot say which offends me more: the blue/gray cloth with purple neon rail lighting, or the dreadful font of the numerals emblazoned on the balls, or the multi-hued geometry of the so-called "tenball" itself.

I think I need to lie down for a bit. I don't feel so well...

Re: Who remember this? Tenball!

Postby Cloud Strife

SteveJJ wrote:Its coming back to me. Did Philip Schofield present it?


It was him or Eamonn Holmes. I can vaguely remember bits of it. I know for sure Ronnie, Jimmy and Alex were in it.

Re: Who remember this? Tenball!

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:There's been Power Snooker, which was rubbish really, and now for a few years the Shoot_Out, which I like until it became a ranking event last season.

Even so, who here remembers Tenball? It's sole version played on 1995. It was shown on ITV I think, Jimmy White won it.



I think I preferred Power Snooker to Shootout. But both are pretty rubbish.

Re: Who remember this? Tenball!

Postby vodkadiet

I remember this. There is a funny story attached to this. I was watching a regular tournament on BBC2 at the same time this was on ITV, and not only that, Big Break was also on BBC 1 at exactly the same time. All three were on at exactly the same time one Saturday evening, and believe it or not Jimmy White was playing in each one! Obviously Ten Ball and Big Break were recorded.

So at one given moment in time, Jimmy White was on 3 of the 4 terrestrial channels that were showing in those days! It should have been all four, only for a Political programme on Channel 4! Surely the producers at Channel 4 could have asked Jimmy's opinion on John Major and broadcast that at the same time!!

Re: Who remember this? Tenball!

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:I remember this. There is a funny story attached to this. I was watching a regular tournament on BBC2 at the same time this was on ITV, and not only that, Big Break was also on BBC 1 at exactly the same time. All three were on at exactly the same time one Saturday evening, and believe it or not Jimmy White was playing in each one! Obviously Ten Ball and Big Break were recorded.

So at one given moment in time, Jimmy White was on 3 of the 4 terrestrial channels that were showing in those days! It should have been all four, only for a Political programme on Channel 4! Surely the producers at Channel 4 could have asked Jimmy's opinion on John Major and broadcast that at the same time!!


And in sports, we go over to where Jimmy White is playing....

Re: Who remember this? Tenball!

Postby SnookerFan

It'd be interesting to see viewing figures of each.

How did Big Break do against two actual snooker tournaments? How did a Philip Schofield Game show do against proper snooker?

Re: Who remember this? Tenball!

Postby TheSaviour

Yes, Power Snooker :love:

It was all about potting that power ball. Or to to make it to dissappear.

rofl

But that was good. It was all about getting on the scoreboard. After all that´s what they are looking forward after some other rubbishes. Some other rubbishes what still can be good also. But there´s only a one Whirlwhind!

If it is a tenball, Kyren would require some beating. The safety wisdoms comes and goes. But he can be so innovative amongs the balls that it is beyond the joke. Innovative yet relatively solid. That´s what they would struggle to cope with. He tries to make it such that those mamas out there would appreciate it.

Not any evidence so far that people wouldn´t try their absolute best to beat Kyren, with none success so far. Unless your happens to be Mark Selby. But that won´t count. Selby´s only an 8 ball player.. Ha haa. Funny me.

:love: :love:

Re: Who remember this? Tenball!

Postby kolompar

acesinc wrote:That is one f'ugly table! I had already been and gone from England for nearly a decade by '95 so I had heard tell of this at some point, but never actually had seen it. I cannot say which offends me more: the blue/gray cloth with purple neon rail lighting, or the dreadful font of the numerals emblazoned on the balls, or the multi-hued geometry of the so-called "tenball" itself.

I think I need to lie down for a bit. I don't feel so well...

<laugh>
Don't you like the American style? I love those vintage Brunswick tables this was probably based on.

I think this would have been a fun game if it was played with normal snooker rules. The rule that all the colours are worth as much as the first one you pot in a break is just stupid.