Post a reply

Re: Will Mark Allen win another ranker?

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:He has a good record in the big non-ranking events. Almost always wins a match or two at the Masters and was a CoC finalist.

Will he now win a ranker??

He already has.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:He has a good record in the big non-ranking events. Almost always wins a match or two at the Masters and was a CoC finalist.

Will he now win a ranker??

He already has.

Another one.

Postby Andre147

He's good enough to win the World Title.

I think either him or Hawkins are due one. If not both of them.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:He's good enough to win the World Title.

I think either him or Hawkins are due one. If not both of them.

Hawkins is not "due" a world title lol. Don't be silly.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Nobody is due one. You have to earn it.

Of course they are, for the consistency they have shown there. Not everybody can make it, but Jimmy White was always due one but never quite managed it.

To say Hawkins isn't due one is silly. He's been very consistent there since 2013. Whether he'll win it or not is another matter. I'm just saying the players who have greater potencial in the future, and Hawkins or Allen are certainly in the mix.

Postby Iranu

Being "due" a World Title doesn't really make any sense Andre, sorry. I know what you're trying to say but it's a poor choice of words. Is Carter "due" a World Title because he's reached the final twice?

It will be interesting to see how Allen performs both in the Worlds and in years to come. There have been many times when players have been expected to kick on following a tournament win and it hasn't happened. This could just as easily be the last tournament he ever wins (not that I think that will be the case).

Postby Andre147

Allright I rest my case. "Due" might have been a poor word to use.

I'll say 2 players who have a good chance of winning it are Allen and Hawkins. But both need consistent performances there, something they lack at The Crucible.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:Being "due" a World Title doesn't really make any sense Andre, sorry. I know what you're trying to say but it's a poor choice of words. Is Carter "due" a World Title because he's reached the final twice?

It will be interesting to see how Allen performs both in the Worlds and in years to come. There have been many times when players have been expected to kick on following a tournament win and it hasn't happened. This could just as easily be the last tournament he ever wins (not that I think that will be the case).

I attended The Crucible every year for a decade. Am I due one?

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:Being "due" a World Title doesn't really make any sense Andre, sorry. I know what you're trying to say but it's a poor choice of words. Is Carter "due" a World Title because he's reached the final twice?

I attended The Crucible every year for a decade. Am I due one?

Are you playing at The Crucible? As you as consistent as Allen or Hawkins? Are you even a professional player?

Then no. :wave:

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Do you consider Ding due a World Title?

Sure. May go down as the best never to win it. Hope not.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Prime Ding better than prime Jimmy?

Of course.

Fair play - I can't get into arguments across time periods very well.

It is easy for people to remember Jimmy as a bit of a failure because of his lack of WC but he was phenomenal at his peak.

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Prime Ding better than prime Jimmy?

Of course.

Fair play - I can't get into arguments across time periods very well.

It is easy for people to remember Jimmy as a bit of a failure because of his lack of WC but he was phenomenal at his peak.

I've seen many matches from Jimmy at his peak, and none of them has impressed me as much as when Ding plays his best.

But both, like Pinks says, are miles ahead as the best players never to win a ranker. Ding, if he cant win it, will go down as the best for me.

Postby TheSaviour

I reckon Mark Allen just too late realised Mark Selby has that big mirror, not him.

But he has promised still to make those observations and put those on board. We can only hope he is as resilient and gritty as he thinks he is smart, as he is self-proclaimed natural talent.

It is always those thinking patterns what makes the difference and causes those problems. The results are always flawless. When a player feeling down or angry it is always down to those thinking patterns. In a which way to trying to figure things out. If those are not so good, only those flawless results just saves the situation from the explosion. Nothing else. Just couldn´t been noticing.. As it happens every times potting a few balls. Already thinking the flawless result will savour the situation. While having a very troublesome thinking patterns.

Besides that and otherwise it is an absolute top-notch stuff. Without any flaws.

But don´t chicken out now. I feel Mark Allen´s already a done deal. At least that´s how take it. I feel I shouldn´t have to look or listen that utmost rubbish. Certainly otherwise they have done enough to earn that status. I don´t care who they are. It always with the self-proclaimed status they just always presents it. Without any results. All sorts of strange theories possessing them.

I am just over the moon I don´t anymore need to explain those gambits, off-writings. They already got the message. So now it is up to Mark Allen, Selby, perhaps Ronnie to battle it out.

It is just that not going to come back ever again. Never again. That´s a relatively clear message from him.

The people and the fans should just accept the variations. They all related to everything and are in everywhere. So that´s why can´t say how it is going to be regarding Mark Allen. But surely he´s already there. To battle it out.
Last edited by TheSaviour on 25 Jan 2018, edited 1 time in total.