Post a reply

Re: Willie Gets the Boot

Postby gallantrabbit

About time Willie stopped whinging and got his act together. Compulsive gambler for years but not sure he was ever willing to do anything about it. Never saw him shouting from the rooftops about gamblers anonymous. And image counts too. Especially for the stuffy BBC.

Postby Andy Spark

gallantrabbit wrote:Never saw him shouting from the rooftops about gamblers anonymous.

To be fair to Willie, you aren’t supposed to shout from the rooftops about these anonymous groups; that’s what keeps them...errr...“anonymous”.

Postby SnookerFan

Andy Spark wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:Never saw him shouting from the rooftops about gamblers anonymous.

To be fair to Willie, you aren’t supposed to shout from the rooftops about these anonymous groups; that’s what keeps them...errr...“anonymous”.

rofl

Postby Chalk McHugh

SnookerEd25 wrote:Image

I was born in '73. Willie looked like this.

What's Lord Lucan doin on here?

Postby SnookerFan

Chalk McHugh wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:Image

I was born in '73. Willie looked like this.

What's Lord Lucan doin on here?

Making a 147 in practice.

Postby Scooper

I fear Willie might not have long left, what with his health issues, gambling addiction, suicide attempt... and now this.

Postby Hyperion

It's a start, but we'll never be truly free until the ghastly duo—Virgo and Taylor—are put out of our misery. Where's the cueball goiiiing? At your head. I threw it.

Postby Cloud Strife

Hyperion wrote:It's a start, but we'll never be truly free until the ghastly duo—Virgo and Taylor—are put out of our misery. Where's the cueball goiiiing? At your head. I threw it.

Virgo will be back for the Masters and World Championship. Taylor will still be commentating in a decade's time.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Hyperion wrote:It's a start, but we'll never be truly free until the ghastly duo—Virgo and Taylor—are put out of our misery. Where's the cueball goiiiing? At your head. I threw it.

Virgo will be back for the Masters and World Championship. Taylor will still be commentating in a decade's time.

If Taylor reaches 100 he'll still be commentating. pmsl

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

If Taylor reaches 100 he'll still be commentating. pmsl

Seriously though, Taylor probably does actually have a job for life there.

The BBC as organization, is rotten to the core.

Postby Andy Spark

Cloud Strife wrote:

The BBC thinks that if you win the World Championship it makes you a great commentator. As ideas go, it's equivalent to believing a great commentator like Clive Everton should be a strong contender for the 2018 World Championship.

Postby SnookerFan

Andy Spark wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

The BBC thinks that if you win the World Championship it makes you a great commentator. As ideas go, it's equivalent to believing a great commentator like Clive Everton should be a strong contender for the 2018 World Championship.

Actually, now you mention it, the two commentators they didn't use (Virgo and Thorne have never been World Champion.)

I think it's not that the BBC believe WCs to be good commentators. It's that they think casuals will believe that. That's who the BBC aim at. People who only watch on the BBC.

If somebody has won the ultimate prize in the sports, it sounds like they'll know what they're talking about.

Postby Dan-cat

If Virgo is back for the Masters and Worlds, why wasn’t he used at the UK? I didn’t see an article about it.

I actually missed JV. He added a lightness of tone. I flip-flopped between Eurosport and the BBC coverage for this one.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:If Virgo is back for the Masters and Worlds, why wasn’t he used at the UK? I didn’t see an article about it.

I actually missed JV. He added a lightness of tone. I flip-flopped between Eurosport and the BBC coverage for this one.

Me too.

Though I find Colin Murray to be such an insufferable bell, that I flipped more over to BBC.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:If Virgo is back for the Masters and Worlds, why wasn’t he used at the UK? I didn’t see an article about it.

Me too.

Though I find Colin Murray to be such an insufferable bell, that I flipped more over to BBC.

Reported.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:Me too.

Reported.

Surely suggesting Colin Murray a bellend is alright. I mean, that's just a statement of fact.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 24 Oct 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby gallantrabbit

Andy Spark wrote:

Ok ok you got me...but I think you know what I mean. He seems to do far more moaning than constructive work on his problem.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Me too.

Reported.

Surely suggesting Colin Murray a bellend is alright. I mean, that's just a statement of fact.

Nah I totally agree with you. He's a idiot.

Between him, Dennis and Mark Allen I'm starting to think I might just have an irrational hatred of Northern Irish people.

Postby SnookerFan

Dennis is an alright bloke, just a rubbish commentator.

Disliking Mark Allen and Colin Murray is fair enough, in my opinion.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 24 Oct 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby TheRocket

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Mur ... and_career

This is from the Colin Murray wikipedia page lol.

"Hyperactive since childhood, Murray was asked to leave the grammar school due to what was perceived by teachers as a tendency to disruption – always asking awkward questions or telling jokes – traits he later identified as ideal for his future career in presenting, and which he felt should really have been nurtured by teachers

Postby Badsnookerplayer

TheRocket wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Murray#Life_and_career

"Hyperactive since childhood, Murray was asked to leave the grammar school due to what was perceived by teachers as a tendency to disruption – always asking awkward questions or telling jokes – traits he later identified as ideal for his future career in presenting, and which he felt should really have been nurtured by teachers

Oh. I just thought he was a hammer.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Murray#Life_and_career

Knobhead.

Postby SnookerFan

Deewee wrote:John Virgo also cut from the UK, just, for now

Wonder if he'll be back for The Masters?

Postby SnookerEd25

"Depressingly dull since childhood, Virgo was asked to leave the grammar school due to what was perceived by teachers as a tendency to docility – never asking awkward questions or telling jokes, with a seeming obsession on "where's the teacher going???!!!???" whenever he or she moved – traits he later identified as ideal for his future career in presenting, and which he felt should really have been nurtured by teachers"

Allegedly.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:"Depressingly dull since childhood, Virgo was asked to leave the grammar school due to what was perceived by teachers as a tendency to docility – never asking awkward questions or telling jokes, with a seeming obsession on "where's the teacher going???!!!???" whenever he or she moved – traits he later identified as ideal for his future career in presenting, and which he felt should really have been nurtured by teachers"

Allegedly.

rofl :goodpost: