Post a reply

Re: Willie Gets the Boot

Postby eraserhead

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Ding would be good

He swears more than JV!

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

I’d love to see John Higgins have a go. I think his snooker knowledge is second to none. Sadly thou with his history, he’ll probably just do a quick fade when he retires.

Postby eraserhead

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:I’d love to see John Higgins have a go. I think his snooker knowledge is second to none. Sadly thou with his history, he’ll probably just do a quick fade when he retires.

He did some studio analysis with ITV that time. I'd like to see Marco Fu have a crack at it.

Postby SteveJJ

eraserhead wrote:
Ayrshirebhoy wrote:I’d love to see John Higgins have a go. I think his snooker knowledge is second to none. Sadly thou with his history, he’ll probably just do a quick fade when he retires.

He did some studio analysis with ITV that time. I'd like to see Marco Fu have a crack at it.

Didn't think he was much kop in the studio. Although it could have been nerves.

Postby SteveJJ

All this talk of pensioning off Taylor, Virgo and Thorne and no one has mentioned that we are still going to have to put up with Parrott and Doherty for decades to come.

A chilling thought.

Postby SnookerFan

SteveJJ wrote:All this talk of pensioning off Taylor, Virgo and Thorne and no one has mentioned that we are still going to have to put up with Parrott and Doherty for decades to come.

A chilling thought.

Doherty, I can take if it means getting rid of some of the others.

Your point about Parrott hasn't escaped my notice though.

He thinks he's funnier than he is, and he'll be kissing up to Ronnie 10 years after Ronnie retires.

Postby SnookerFan

Somebody at TSF just claimed that Alan McManus is joining the BBC commentary team. Can anyone confirm?

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:How about they get rid of Taylor and Parrott too?

Bring in Foulds, Everton or Hendon?

Clive will never return to the Beeb, even if they ask him to.

After they sacked him, no way will Clive accept an invitiation again, and I would do the same thing.

Postby SteveJJ

Badsnookerplayer wrote:The Saviour deserves his chance behind the mic now.
He has waited long enough!

Paired with Poomjaeng?

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:How about they get rid of Taylor and Parrott too?

Bring in Foulds, Everton or Hendon?

Clive will never return to the Beeb, even if they ask him to.

After they sacked him, no way will Clive accept an invitiation again, and I would do the same thing.

I dunno, man. He spent several years moaning about getting the sack.

Postby SnookerEd25

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Somebody at TSF just claimed that Alan McManus is joining the BBC commentary team. Can anyone confirm?

He is one of the best.

Aye. Which is probably why he'll never get near a BBC commentary box...

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

Remember when Clive fell off his chair while DT sat there laughing? Good times!

Postby The_Abbott

eraserhead wrote:Whose going to be the next generation of snooker commentators? Ebdon has already started, and Murphy probably won't start commentating until he starts sliding down the rankings.

Carter, Dott?

Bingham. He's got a free schedule for the next 6 months ;-)

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:Who will they replace the losses with? More Ebdon? More Groffiths? Promote Dale from BBC Wales?

They won't bring back Clive.

Who is Groffiths?

Postby Vallomas

Twitter attack:

John Virgo‏ @jvofficialjv

Great win for the Whirlwind @jimmywhite147. Still producing the goods. Wish I was in York to commentate on his next match. I will be watching though, and rooting for him. Go Jimmy Go

Postby SnookerFan

Vallomas wrote:Twitter attack:

Great win for the Whirlwind @jimmywhite147. Still producing the goods. Wish I was in York to commentate on his next match. I will be watching though, and rooting for him. Go Jimmy Go

Nobody else wishes that.

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:
Vallomas wrote:Twitter attack:

Nobody else wishes that.

I personally think JV is the best on the BBC. Him and Clive used to be the perfect pair.