Post a reply

Re: Most successful non-World Champions

Postby Dan-cat

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Certainly not disputing that if you win it then you deserve it. All of the 'surprise' winners - Dott, Johnson, etc..... all deserved to win it without doubt.

Joe even made it back to the final the following year!

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
kolompar wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Joe even made it back to the final the following year!
Bingham never made another quarter final.

Not yet. Winner, winner...

Postby TheSaviour

There´s also a slight trouble that not the all players are giving their absolute best these days. If I would for example be a professional cyclist I would do absolutely anything in order to learn and to get better. Physically, too. If I would stuggle with the pace or the stamina this week, I would be much better already on the next week. There´s not much if any fault play but you would just assume they would really like to learn. We don´t know what they are doing off the table, and not quite even what they are doing on the table, and that´s perfectly fine so.

But stating all that, I am really excited about this yet new another twist and a turn.

I am not going to say about who I am talking about.

Let´s take somone the likes of Fergal O´Brien or Peter Ebdon. I don´t think they are any tougher than the most of the newcomers are these days. They just happened to get through and to survive from the times when there were just a few do or a die - tournaments. They really needed to deliver in order to get through and to survive. They both still has that. Ferg and Peter both come through very well indeed from the World Championships Qualifiers, and they both has had a really good kick-starts now, also. I found Fergal particularly a very entertaining character.

I have been slightly on and off with Tian Pengfei. But I have now found his form really good. At times I have compared him to Sean O´Sullivan but that´s just an utter rubbish. He and Fergal could well start to dominate the game much more than they have done. They both has the quality and the bottle. What I would now really hope is Fergal and Pengfei finding that last gear of theirs.

The trouble is the game is not quite how they always do presents it. The scores of these newcomers only would need to just slightly give it a more, to be the better players, and it would be perfect. It would be perfectly it what they always do presents it to be. Now it is just pathetic without that top gear. It isn´t that much poor or a bad but it is just pathetic. Some people find everything is just either a good or a bad to individual. It is not that simple. I am just trying to write it how they always seems to be presenting it. If that´s a mistake also from my part, then it just is a mistake.

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:There´s also a slight trouble that not the all players are giving their absolute best these days. If I would for example be a professional cyclist I would do absolutely anything in order to learn and to get better. Physically, too. If I would stuggle with the pace or the stamina this week, I would be much better already on the next week. There´s not much if any fault play but you would just assume they would really like to learn. We don´t know what they are doing off the table, and not quite even what they are doing on the table, and that´s perfectly fine so.

But stating all that, I am really excited about this yet new another twist and a turn.

I am not going to say about who I am talking about.

Let´s take somone the likes of Fergal O´Brien or Peter Ebdon. I don´t think they are any tougher than the most of the newcomers are these days. They just happened to get through and to survive from the times when there were just a few do or a die - tournaments. They really needed to deliver in order to get through and to survive. They both still has that. Ferg and Peter both come through very well indeed from the World Championships Qualifiers, and they both has had a really good kick-starts now, also. I found Fergal particularly a very entertaining character.

I have been slightly on and off with Tian Pengfei. But I have now found his form really good. At times I have compared him to Sean O´Sullivan but that´s just an utter rubbish. He and Fergal could well start to dominate the game much more than they have done. They both has the quality and the bottle. What I would now really hope is Fergal and Pengfei finding that last gear of theirs.

The trouble is the game is not quite how they always do presents it. The scores of these newcomers only would need to just slightly give it a more, to be the better players, and it would be perfect. It would be perfectly it what they always do presents it to be. Now it is just pathetic without that top gear. It isn´t that much poor or a bad but it is just pathetic. Some people find everything is just either a good or a bad to individual. It is not that simple. I am just trying to write it how they always seems to be presenting it. If that´s a mistake also from my part, then it just is a mistake.

Innit.

Postby Ronnie79

Wildey wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:That's interesting. I think that of the list only these would have/will make worthy World Champs:

Ding Junhui, Jimmy White, Judd Trump, Paul Hunter.

Any of the others would have been looked on as weak WCs in my opinion.

No such thing as Weak World Champion.

Yes some have better overall Record however for 17 days if you win it you deserve it

I think Joe Johnson was a weak World champion