Post a reply

Shaun Murphy wants the million

Postby SnookerFan

Shaun Murphy is targeting victory at next month’s English Open in Barnsley, which would leave him as the only player capable of securing the £1 million bonus attached to the Home Nations series.

The 2005 World Champion appreciates the size of the task for any player to achieve the pay out, which comes with winning all four Home Nations events. However, he admits he would relish the thrill of being the last person left in the hunt.

Murphy said: “I think the buzz would be phenomenal. To be the only one out of the 128 players who can go for the million pounds would be amazing, but whoever it is has an incredibly difficult task to even get close.

“If anybody were to manage it, then it would be some story. It would be the biggest story that we have ever had in snooker and a feat that nobody would be likely to ever repeat. It’s a very tough task and highly unlikely, but not impossible.”

Murphy has got his 2017/18 season off to a strong start, but has missed out on silverware so far. The Magician reached two ranking finals across two continents in the space of five days at the China Championship and the Paul Hunter Classic. But the world number five lost to Luca Brecel in Guangzhou, then travelled to Furth in Germany where he again fell short at the final hurdle, this time against Michael White.

“I’ve reached the stage in my life and stage in my career where I am now able to get over defeats a lot quicker than I used to,” said Murphy, whose first son Harry was born a year ago. “I think becoming a father has changed my perspective on pretty much everything and that includes snooker. Two finals in five days is very good going and shows great consistency. I also have to reflect on the fact I lost to two very good players who were in form. Luca beat Ronnie O’Sullivan on his way to the title and Michael beat Mark Selby.

“I’ve brought a bit more consistency to my game by practising more regularly with other players. I’ve been playing a lot recently with Matthew Selt and Ben Woollaston. I’ve also been over to the academies to play against some of the young Chinese players. I had previously been doing a lot of work, but only by myself, which isn’t the same as playing snooker against another competitor and that is what I needed.”

http://www.worldsnooker.com/murphy-snoo ... mpossible/

#onforamillion

Re: Shaun Murphy wants the million

Postby Cloud Strife

I'd love it if somebody won the 4 events just to see the look on Barry Hearn's face when he realises he has to actually hand over the million.

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:This thread is going in The Junkyard, isn't it?

You are

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I just googled 'jobs in Fireworks factory'. Loads.

Let me know if you find anything. Delivering post ain't cuttin' it anymore.

Try using the corner of the envelope. It'll be sharper. For cutting.

Postby SnookerEd25

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I always thought Beyonce was overrated looking. People act like she's a goddess. I deem her average looking.

She's a bit of a horse, yes.

Is Tony her dad?

She was born in '81, he was putting it about quite a bit at the time so i reckon it's a dead cert.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I always thought Beyonce was overrated looking. People act like she's a goddess. I deem her average looking.

She's a bit of a horse, yes.

Is Tony her dad?

She was born in '81, he was putting it about quite a bit at the time so i reckon it's a dead cert.

Ah mate. I saw him at the Snooker Legends on Wednesday, I should've asked him.