Post a reply

John Higgins century total

Postby SnookerFan

Joe Johnson on commentary today suggested he may overtake Hendry's century tally?

What do you reckon? Will he? He's about 100 behind. Does it matter, what with the amount of tournaments now?

Re: John Higgins century total

Postby sas6789

SnookerFan wrote:Joe Johnson on commentary today suggested he may overtake Hendry's century tally?

What do you reckon? Will he? He's about 100 behind. Does it matter, what with the amount of tournaments now?

There's little o no doubt he will overtake Hendry given that he still at the very top of the game playing at the highest level and with all the tournaments now.

Postby Alex0paul

I am sure he will but it doesnt really matter but then again what does?

Postby Cloud Strife

I suspect a number of players will have surpassed Hendry's centuries tally when it's all said and done.

Higgins looks a sure thing. Ding and Trump look good to overtake him too. Maybe Robertson as well if he can arrest his current decline.

Postby SnookerFan

kolompar wrote:He's also recently overtaken Steve Davis for most pro match wins.

Really?

That surprises me. Considering Davis was in his 50s when he retired.

Postby SnookerFan

kolompar wrote:Yeah, they just play much more nowadays so these stats get inflated.

Yes, this is the thing about the century stats list, as well.

It's with my tournaments to play in. So, who has the most isn't necessarily the most meaningful thing anyway.

Postby Cloud Strife

Surprised to see Higgins top of the all-time list for pro match wins as well. Would've thought Davis and Hendry would be ahead of him.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:Surprised to see Higgins top of the all-time list for pro match wins as well. Would've thought Davis and Hendry would be ahead of him.

Hes played almost a 100 more matches than Hendry

PTC Era

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
kolompar wrote:Yeah, they just play much more nowadays so these stats get inflated.

Yes, this is the thing about the century stats list, as well.

It's with my tournaments to play in. So, who has the most isn't necessarily the most meaningful thing anyway.

its not how many but how they are achieved.

its about performing and making breaks under pressure never seen any stat to work that out

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:Yes, this is the thing about the century stats list, as well.

My tournaments?

:anyone:

Was I drunk?

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:

My tournaments?

Was I drunk?

Are you Barry Hearn?

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

My tournaments?

Was I drunk?

Are you Barry Hearn?

Yes. Yes, I am.

Postby Ronnie79

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Surprised to see Higgins top of the all-time list for pro match wins as well. Would've thought Davis and Hendry would be ahead of him.

Hes played almost a 100 more matches than Hendry

PTC Era

More like Championship League era they are counted on that. That's why

Postby TheSaviour

He is on the track. He is not the best player in the world, or the best break-builder in the world, but he is on the track. I don´t know if that´s enough to overtake Stephen Hendry or not. Not every great current break-builder is on the track to add the tally. I don´t know either what are those reasons that they are not.

We can only try to write things like these "up to date". What is the current form? And perhaps even why is it such? Even when my posting overally has been rubbish, I have been really nicely able to write things up to date. A really nice to perhaps to read those a years later. In order to learn where I have been then and then. Let´s take 14 february 2017. I was on about the match between Ronnie and Tom Ford. I remember even without checking that I wrote that the weather was an extremely, an extremely good (which it certainly was too), and that I would down a few pints outside. Which I also did.... So now I know what type of a weather to look forward. It was the skyless heaven and I don´t even bother to mention how many degrees. During the time people basically calls a spring.

Well this current morning the weather wasn´t too bad either. Not too warm anymore. I have been so much already seen these summers.. The next 9 days are crucial and an extremely critical. And now I am talking more about the snooker than the weather. To see if it comes back or not. It won´t be too easy after that either, but I really fancy the job to get there, once again! Ronnie won´t be playing in Germany, but there will be the players the likes of Mark Williams, Jimmy White, Mark Selby, Kyren Wilson, Reanne Evans and Matthew Stevens.

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:He is on the track. He is not the best player in the world, or the best break-builder in the world, but he is on the track.

The train track?

Postby Iranu

Alex0paul wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

My tournaments?

Was I drunk?

Are you Barry Hearn?

He can't be, he's a snooker fan.