SnookerFan wrote:http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/40733824

<doh>

When will they learn?

Never.

Or was it a rhetorical question?

Re: Joe Perry gets done for betting

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:Or was it a rhetorical question?

Yes, it was.

Or was that a rhetorical question?

No it wasn't. Thanks for the clarification. <ok>

Re: Joe Perry gets done for betting

Postby SnookerFan

But then again, does anything ever come of it? Has Bingham even had his hearing yet? As long as you don't bet on yourself, you don't seem to get punished harshly for it. :shrug:

Re: Joe Perry gets three-month suspended ban over betting

Postby TheSaviour

Yeah but it is an ongoing shuffle and struggle anyway out there.. With the likes of Joe, John or Stuart. So highly recommending not going there..

So why it is so then? Well that´s a question should be asked from the people who have spread the word they are doing that! Surely they should have a privacy to make those bets if really wanting to do so. Obviously people can tell if there is some fault-playing. Then they should or could to take the actions. Towards the ones who are not trying their best.

That´s just tactically pretty sound when they fancy to make some bets without any fault-playing, if you ask me. That´s just tactically pretty sound. Or at least it was at yesterday. Sort of a rolling back the years.

Re: Joe Perry gets three-month suspended ban over betting

Postby TheSaviour

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I agree with you Saviour but it is not that easy to prove if people are fault-playing. That is why there is a ban

Yes. I can´t see there is any bullshi...... about the way people are handling their professions. It is a fairly clear. There are just always many different opinions. A lots of so called ordinary people are just looking for a publicity. But they probably also knows how things are. The top players shouldn´t have to look any further publicity, and they hardly are. I am talking about players the likes Joe Perry or Stuart Bingham. They are just that much good snooker players with a highly secure future. Things like these may just be a case of having a few pints with some guy, and then they just gets an idea to start laying some bets, or something similar. So no purpose, just an odd idea after a few.

That´s all sport. Just sport. Things are on the move, the new generations area starting to make an impact. Things may well happen. I wouldn´t rule out anything. It is just a case of how unlikely, but it is not impossible. That Joe or Stuart, for example, just are getting some bizarre idea. They know those bookmakers are there for the purpose. Many players are really making a huge efforts in order to push through cleanly. So obviously things are constantly on the move, and if something like this happens the officials are force to take the actions. But I can´t see this that much of a fault-playing or a big deal. It is a fairly easy to see how things really are. If someone is not trying fully. Even the kids know that, at least intuitively.