Post a reply

Hong Kong Masters

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Thursday 20th ~ Sunday 23rd of July at Queen Elizabeth Stadium, Hong Kong

The Hong Kong Masters is one of the events commemorating the 20th anniversary of the establishment of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and is also one of the Biggest snooker events in Hong Kong in decades.

Aswell as the Main event there will be a exhibition series featuring Ng On-Yee aswell as Snooker legends Jimmy White and 7 times World Champion Stephen Hendry.

In 1987 as a 18 year old Stephen Hendry was runner up to Steve Davis 9-3 in the Hong Kong Masters and in 1988 Jimmy White won the Hong Kong Masters beating Neal Foulds 6-3 in the final.

Who will win in 2017?

DRAW

Quarter Finals
Mark Selby v Neil Robertson Selby leads 16-7
Barry Hawkins v Marco Fu Marco Fu leads 8-7
--------------------------------------------
Judd Trump v Shaun Murphy Trump leads 18-8
John Higgins v Ronnie O'Sullivan O'Sullivan leads leads 30-27

Exibition Series

Ng On-Yee v Jimmy White

Stephen Hendry v Ng On-Yee/Jimmy White

Head to Head between Jimmy White and Stephen Hendry Hendry leads leads 36-19

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Hong Kong Masters

Postby Alex0paul

The highlight of the season

Postby gcjdavid

I'll be running a prediction contest for this. By the way, it's only best of 9 for the quarters and best of 11 for the semis and the final.

Postby TheSaviour

Slightly surprising that Judd leads that much against Murphy h2h-wise. 18-8. That´s commanding and convincing! Not that Judd wouldn´t be that good, at least these days. He just has had a bit of tendency to learn from the experiences. Would had thought that against Shaun it would had make that h2h-statistics a bit worse. But no!

This tournament is a bit of like that does that remind you of anything.. Someone who is always arguing that you can´t believe what I am capable of, what I previously have been able to do, and always visits you just once in a year (xmas eve).. Who is arguing to be eeerr "someone". And what all the different religions are talking and discussing about.

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:This tournament is a bit of like that does that remind you of anything.. Someone who is always arguing that you can´t believe what I am capable of, what I previously have been able to do, and always visits you just once in a year (xmas eve).. Who is arguing to be eeerr "someone". And what all the different religions are talking and discussing about.

Postby TheSaviour

Seems like at least difficult to find a stream. Obviously at least the centuries can be watch via youtube afterwards. Can´t believe there wouldn´t be any. Only the top dogs are now playing. This is something which is being awaited. Before it all starts to get flushed down the toilet again, all the qualifiers and mickey mouse - tournaments starting soon. No walkovers here. If Marco Fu doesn´t get counted as a one. rofl Everyone will be knackered already after the Barry vs Marco - match. When I feel the tournament really starts tomorrow when the Rocket takes on John Higgins in probably the highest quality of a match. Neil will be out of the sorts against Mark Selby. Not the most difficult thing to predict, really.

Seems the players here have received a red carpet - treatment. So an another snooker mad city and a place.

Postby Pink Ball

TheSaviour wrote:Seems like at least difficult to find a stream. Obviously at least the centuries can be watch via youtube afterwards. Can´t believe there wouldn´t be any. Only the top dogs are now playing. This is something which is being awaited. Before it all starts to get flushed down the toilet again, all the qualifiers and mickey mouse - tournaments starting soon. No walkovers here. If Marco Fu doesn´t get counted as a one. rofl Everyone will be knackered already after the Barry vs Marco - match. When I feel the tournament really starts tomorrow when the Rocket takes on John Higgins in probably the highest quality of a match. Neil will be out of the sorts against Mark Selby. Not the most difficult thing to predict, really.

Seems the players here have received a red carpet - treatment. So an another snooker mad city and a place.

Well, that's what we tell ourselves, isn't it Saviour? But could it really be THAT simple?

Postby gcjdavid

SnookerFan wrote:No television coverage for this, I assume?

Fri.tv or other similar Chinese sites? I'll post a link soon enough.

Someone move it to the 2017/18 season forum.

Postby Forza_Bajen

Not on Eurosport Player? Why not? I have payed and wanna see this!

Not live betting on any bettings sites? Why not? I wanna gamble!

Why this extremely low interest?

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

World Snooker‏@WorldSnooker1
Apologies for the lack of live scoring from the Hong Kong Masters, caused by a technical issue. We hope to resolve this soon.

Postby Deewee

Well, Fu came back from 1-3 down to beat Hawkins 5-3 with breaks of 68, 75, 53 and 132 to Hawkins' 55. Would have been nice to watch it, I suppose

Postby SnookerFan

Deewee wrote:Well, Fu came back from 1-3 down to beat Hawkins 5-3 with breaks of 68, 75, 53 and 132 to Hawkins' 55. Would have been nice to watch it, I suppose

Was everyone knackered after it?

Postby Forza_Bajen

No sites will show Mark Selby-Neil Robertson???

Postby Forza_Bajen

Seeing now the streaming seems to start tomorrow... Why miss day 1? Idiotic.

Postby gcjdavid

Forza_Bajen wrote:Seeing now the streaming seems to start tomorrow... Why miss day 1? Idiotic.

v.zhibo.tv/9018

Postby Forza_Bajen

Bad 1st frame from Selby. Bad shot on red to the middle and then wrong choice when he get the chance again.

And even worse 2nd...

Postby Forza_Bajen

Ronnie looks to be in a fantastic shape! Very good snooker from him today!

Postby Forza_Bajen

Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:
Forza_Bajen wrote:Ronnie looks to be in a fantastic shape! Very good snooker from him today!

I agree. <cool>

First two frames. Third he missed an easy starter, fourth he should have let Higgins play from the snooker position again. Bad to let Higgins back and do mistakes when Ronnie seems to be in good shape. Higgins lucky with some shots too that could have been missed.

Postby Forza_Bajen

Again in the 5th... Bad miss from Ronnie. Why throw it away like this?

Postby TheRocket

Ronnie Higgins matches are just frustrating and sickening to watch as an O'Sullivan supporter. It's just the same rubbish again and again since more than 10 years. It's Time wasting at its best to even watch it. Even when O'Sullivan went 2:0 ahead, I knew he'd still lose.

It's like watching Federer vs Nadal at the French Open when you know there's no way Federer's gonna win. Higgins just plays no-risk snooker , using his superior safety/defensive abilities and eventually Ronnie makes a mistake. And even when O'Sullivan gets a chance to score, he very rarely makes one visit (frame-winning) breaks against Higgins. Looks very nervy and twitching around.

The last time O'Sullivan played at his best against Higgins was at the 2005 Masters final.