Post a reply

Re: Hong Kong Masters

Postby eraserhead

Ronnie got a lot to do now. Neil playing great.

Postby TheRocket

ROS lost two frames he should have never lost but have to admit that Robertson is playing well atm. Possibly the best I've seen him play against Ronnie. At least since a long time.

Postby TheRocket

Robbo wins. The run of the balls has played a big role in this match but that's how it is. Kinda similar to their Masters match this year. Potting-wise Robertson definitely played at a high level though and looked sharp.

Still think, ROS played allright.

Postby TheRocket

Deewee wrote:Already a better season than the last one for Robbo

not quite. Ironically he won the first ranking tournament last season (Riga Masters) before his downfall. Nevertheless he played great today so fair to say, it's likely he'll have a better season.

Postby vodkadiet

Hong Kong should stage a meaningful event. The crowds are great there. It deserves better than an 8 man event in July.

Postby Wildey

vodkadiet wrote:Hong Kong should stage a meaningful event. The crowds are great there. It deserves better than an 8 man event in July.

Before the event how would they know how popular or attended it would be Remember the stink after Barhain 2008.

You got to test the water now water tested iif it will take Hearn 10 years to bring a ranker to Hong Kong then its a massive fail.

Postby Wildey

TheRocket wrote:
Deewee wrote:Already a better season than the last one for Robbo

not quite. Ironically he won the first ranking tournament last season (Riga Masters) before his downfall. Nevertheless he played great today so fair to say, it's likely he'll have a better season.

2016/2017 season was his worst season for over 10 years so its safe to say he will have to go some to beat last seasons shambles.

Postby hendry_fan

I never thought i,d be commentin on a micky mouse tourney,never mind watchin some,but i could,nt resist a fewwwwwwwwww words. ;-)

I actualy watched Ronnies matches against Higgins n Trump and i was not amused,although,i would,ve probably been seethin if this tourney was a ranking one. :phew: :-D

The chances that both Higgins and Trump blew against Ronnie were nuts,especially Higgins.

Every player has bottled matches in there time,no one can avoid that,of course some have bottled more than others.

Higgins eg,has been verrrrry well known for not chokein many crucial shots,bottlin many matches throughout his lonnnnnnnng carreer,compared to many other players,but he did,nt half bottle his match against Ronnie in this tourney.

Trump on the other hand has,nt half missed many crucial shots,bottled matches when he was in a verrry strong position to win,in his short carreer,he also bottled his match in this tourney against Ron,he,s some player is Trump,no doubt bout that,he,s improved on every dept of the game,but he definatley has a BIG weakness= the "clinchers disease",if he does,nt get that weakness sorted out,then it gonna cost him a hell of a lot more of frames,matches,silverware and ££££££££££££££££££££££,s and health.

I,m verry pleased for Robbo,not only that he beat Ronnie,but that he played very well,i actually only saw bits n pieces of his performance in the final,i,ll catch up with the rest over the next few days on you tube.

I really hope that he does,nt go back to playin video games for hours n hours again,most,if not all addictions are really tough to not only stop,but to make sure you don,t go back to it and do them on a regular basis,i,ve had a few addictions myself,so i know full well how tough it is to stop them,or at least have them under control,luckily i managed to beat em all.

:win: :clap: Many congrats to Robbo!!. :clap: :win:

I hope he maintains the good form,he deserves it the Aussie punk. :-)

Talkin of good form,i went for a few frames of snooker this afternoon and i finaly stopped the rot,after 8 consecutive matches of playing rubbish,i finaly managed to play good again,ok,maybe still not good,but decent is the correct word i think.

I played against one of the best players of my club,he,s definatley in the top 3,i lost 5-2 but i was really chuffed that i did,nt give in,let the bouts of run he had get to me,although i have to say,the run was very even in this match and that i managed to win 2 frames against him and that i played decent. :happy:

Postby Ronnie79

ROS is in a serious decline IMO. He has not played well for 2 years now. He has lost 4 out of his last 5 finals. That is not good enough.

Postby TheSaviour

The absence of the tournament victories like this has been the biggest weakness of Robbo´s impressive CV. He already has win it all; the Wolrds, the UK, the Masters. But the tournament victories like these really makes it looking good, and is what counts. A single player don´t have to win many times the Worlds or the UK to be the greatest player of all time. Lots of players have had to learn things and so they have made it many times. Not that Stephen Hendry wouldn´t be great. He has managed to add something. Neil is certainly fitting the bill to be one of the greats of the sport. And it is a mind blowing that Mark Selby already has a 3 World titles. But he also is fitting the bill to be a great. He has not made it many times just to learn. He has also something else. The flair, for example.

Anyway, a very well played Neil Robertson to win this! Beating both Mark Selby and Ronnie O´Sullivan. And quiet comprehensively also. Although Ronnie isn´t anywhere near to be a favourite to win the tournaments anymore. Ronnie also did very well managing to oust John Higgins and Judd Trump, a both slightly better players than what Ronnie is these days. The fans should just forget Ronnie, to think he would be a favourite to beat someone like Robbo. If he managed to get many surprise wins on the trot then he just managed. But that´s all. That´s the end of the story. Nothing more in it.

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:The absence of the tournament victories like this has been the biggest weakness of Robbo´s impressive CV. He already has win it all; the Wolrds, the UK, the Masters. But the tournament victories like these really makes it looking good, and is what counts.

<doh> <doh> <doh>

Yes, because when he retires, people won't be talking about the Worlds, UK or Masters that he won. The first thing people will mention is that Robertson won a non-ranking, barely televised tournament. rofl

Postby Dan-cat

Ronnie79 wrote:ROS is in a serious decline IMO. He has not played well for 2 years now. He has lost 4 out of his last 5 finals. That is not good enough.

Lolololollllolololololllllllllzzzzzzzzzz

He just won 4 rankers.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:ROS is in a serious decline IMO. He has not played well for 2 years now. He has lost 4 out of his last 5 finals. That is not good enough.

Lolololollllolololololllllllllzzzzzzzzzz

He just won 4 rankers.

DECLINE!

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:its over. Ronnie O'Sullivan has beaten John Higgins. Luckily Higgins choked that badly that even a bottling ROS couldn't lose the match.

<ok>

Like most of Ronnie's wins over Higgins since 2005.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie79 was half right...

N9t the "serious decline" claim which was silly... but, for a player of his calibre, up to that point losing 4 of his last 5 finals was indeed very worrying.. we were starting to think he had Finals syndrome... albeit he only lost them to really top players.

Luckily for us and mostly for him he turned that around and now has won 4 of his last 6, and more importantly the 4 he won were all rankers.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:we were starting to think he had Finals syndrome... albeit he only lost them to really top players.

Speak for yourself. Even at the time, I was saying that was silly.

Losing a final to Judd by one frame don't prove he'll never win a final again.