Post a reply

Re: Favourite match of 2016-17

Postby mick745

My top 3:

Liang Wenbo's maiden ranking win v Judd Trump in English Open Final.

John Higgins come back in the SF of the Scottish open from 1-5 behind (v Trump).

Mark Selby's sublime performance QF World Championship v Marco Fu.

Re: Favourite match of 2016-17

Postby sas6789

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Bit late I know but what was your favourite match of the last season and why?

My three favourite's in terms of standard was probably:

Higgins vs Trump Scottish Open Semi Final
Selby vs Ding World Semi-Final
Selby vs O'Sullivan UK final (though mostly in the second session)

Best individual performance in a match was probably:

Selby vs Fu World Quarter-Final

Re: Favourite match of 2016-17

Postby Dan-cat

Yes that Hawkins vs King was brilliant.... that shot on the pink to get the snooker up and down the table by King was my favourite shot of the season

I also particularity enjoyed Ronnie bludgeoning Robbo in that 6-0 win in the European Masters.

Re: Favourite match of 2016-17

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:I also particularity enjoyed Ronnie bludgeoning Robbo in that 6-0 win in the European Masters.


#tree

Re: Favourite match of 2016-17

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I also particularity enjoyed Ronnie bludgeoning Robbo in that 6-0 win in the European Masters.


#tree


I got bucking soaked today.

Re: Favourite match of 2016-17

Postby TheSaviour

It must be Hawkins vs Maguire at the Worlds.

Thanks for playing with our lives.

It was such a strange decisions from Barry. Yet he still won the match! :happy: After Maguire had conquered such aa imperious (and a unique, even to him) form during the earlier stages of the tournament.

And yet that strange decision-making from Barry proved to be the correct one. I suppose it was a blind panic, and he just decided to play something. But that´s always going to be the case.. Absolutely no need to yell it out loud if you are pathetic. Essiantially, it was always the sheer toughness which helped him to win it. Nothing else. That´s the way it is always going to be. Even if there would be some hyperbole or false promises when playing like that.

It is like you only need to be able to row it just on a one day. Just raw it then when it counts, I couldn´t care less what are you doing 364/365. That´s what class is all about. Obviously Steve Davis, Stephen Hendry, Ronnie O´Sullivan, Mark Williams, Alan McManus, and so on always has had that type of a wisdom. They are just one of the lads, and there´s no any greater person than what they are.

I have some high hopes that Anthony McGill will keep on improving. Obviously he already has it. It is just a tiny question of consistency. Nothing serious or major he would need change in order to be even better than he already currently is.

Stating all that, I can´t now see much beyond Joe Perry. Like I have already wrote on here, he is the man to watch and to beat, AND will be back big time. He has such a sheer, clean and solid lines. And the way he is able to play around the pink. Priceless. No-one has been able to live it when he has felt fine. Always a guaranteed 70 or 80 break around the pink and the black. He already has had a great start now when the season has begun. But that´s not the reason I wrote all this. I just saw him playing that much well already a some years ago. So Joe as well could had played the best match in 2016-17 also, It is just a tiny question of consistency when he starts to beat even Mark Selby in Sheffield. There´s absolutely nothing more in it. The (very) worrying thing just is if people starts to big up just a one person or a type of player. But it did get better towards the end of the season. So I must choose Barry´s heroics against Stephen Maguire. It should be anyones opportunity to make it happen. Otherwise it is just not right.

Re: Favourite match of 2016-17

Postby SnookerEd25

...and no mention of Reanne Evans; that's gotta be a first.

Re: Favourite match of 2016-17

Postby Dan-cat

Joe Perry though, what a current tour de force, a genuine tower of power... The top 8 must be quaking in their boots if they have to meet him.

Re: Favourite match of 2016-17

Postby Pink Ball

TheSaviour wrote:It must be Hawkins vs Maguire at the Worlds.

Thanks for playing with our lives.

It was such a strange decisions from Barry. Yet he still won the match! :happy: After Maguire had conquered such aa imperious (and a unique, even to him) form during the earlier stages of the tournament.

And yet that strange decision-making from Barry proved to be the correct one. I suppose it was a blind panic, and he just decided to play something. But that´s always going to be the case.. Absolutely no need to yell it out loud if you are pathetic. Essiantially, it was always the sheer toughness which helped him to win it. Nothing else. That´s the way it is always going to be. Even if there would be some hyperbole or false promises when playing like that.

It is like you only need to be able to row it just on a one day. Just raw it then when it counts, I couldn´t care less what are you doing 364/365. That´s what class is all about. Obviously Steve Davis, Stephen Hendry, Ronnie O´Sullivan, Mark Williams, Alan McManus, and so on always has had that type of a wisdom. They are just one of the lads, and there´s no any greater person than what they are.

I have some high hopes that Anthony McGill will keep on improving. Obviously he already has it. It is just a tiny question of consistency. Nothing serious or major he would need change in order to be even better than he already currently is.

Stating all that, I can´t now see much beyond Joe Perry. Like I have already wrote on here, he is the man to watch and to beat, AND will be back big time. He has such a sheer, clean and solid lines. And the way he is able to play around the pink. Priceless. No-one has been able to live it when he has felt fine. Always a guaranteed 70 or 80 break around the pink and the black. He already has had a great start now when the season has begun. But that´s not the reason I wrote all this. I just saw him playing that much well already a some years ago. So Joe as well could had played the best match in 2016-17 also, It is just a tiny question of consistency when he starts to beat even Mark Selby in Sheffield. There´s absolutely nothing more in it. The (very) worrying thing just is if people starts to big up just a one person or a type of player. But it did get better towards the end of the season. So I must choose Barry´s heroics against Stephen Maguire. It should be anyones opportunity to make it happen. Otherwise it is just not right.


You had a several Guinness?