Post a reply

Fight to stay on tour 2018

Postby chengdufan

So, which players are in danger of missing out on a top 64 place at the end of next season?
Below are the players most likely in the dogfight based on the money they earned in 2016/17:

55 Robbie Williams 38725
56 Zhang Anda
57 Mark Joyce
58 Matthew Selt
59 Li Hang
60 Noppon Saengkham 36550
61 Sam Baird
62 Mike Dunn
63 Liam Highfield
64 Alfie Burden
65 Lee Walker 33825
66 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
67 Mei Xiwen
68 Alan McManus
69 Jack Lisowski
70 Tian Pengfei 26075
71 Hammad Miah
72 Zhao Xintong
73 Michael Georgiou
74 Mitchell Mann 22025

The number on the left is their provisional end of season ranking (10 in the top 64, 10 just outside it).
The numbers on the right are the points from 2016/17 they are guaranteed to have at the end of next season.

Of course, there could be players provisionally ranked lower who may have great seasons, or higher ranked players who don't win a match and fall off.

Re: Fight to stay on tour 2018

Postby Alex0paul

McManus goes from WC semi to potentially off the tour in two seasons

Postby The_Abbott

Alex0paul wrote:McManus goes from WC semi to potentially off the tour in two seasons

I think he'll be OK for another season at least because they gradually take the money away over the season so he'll still have that WC semi money until about April 2018 so just needs to make sure he earns about 40k.

If he fell off would he get a invitational tour card for winning the Masters? Where do those invitations end if he does?

Postby The_Abbott

I think Mike Dunn's done for. And Alfie has become a bit of a burden.

Hopefully Selt will drop off. I don't know what it is about the chap but he's the only pro I have a dislike for!

Postby chengdufan

I chatted briefly with Matt Selt once, the day before his match with Igor Figueiredo in the WC qualifiers 2016. I said 'Should be a good match tomorrow'. He replied 'What, the Brazilian? No, he's really sh*t. I'll win it easily'
I said 'OK' and walked away. Was thoroughly gutted when he did win easily.

Postby The_Abbott

chengdufan wrote:I chatted briefly with Matt Selt once, the day before his match with Igor Figueiredo in the WC qualifiers 2016. I said 'Should be a good match tomorrow'. He replied 'What, the Brazilian? No, he's really sh*t. I'll win it easily'
I said 'OK' and walked away. Was thoroughly gutted when he did win easily.

in two years Selt will be playing in Q school and losing to a unknown player.

Postby SnookerEd25

chengdufan wrote:I chatted briefly with Matt Selt once, the day before his match with Igor Figueiredo in the WC qualifiers 2016. I said 'Should be a good match tomorrow'. He replied 'What, the Brazilian? No, he's really sh*t. I'll win it easily'

Such a charming fellow. You can't buy humility like that.

Postby Ronnie79

The_Abbott wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:McManus goes from WC semi to potentially off the tour in two seasons

I think he'll be OK for another season at least because they gradually take the money away over the season so he'll still have that WC semi money until about April 2018 so just needs to make sure he earns about 40k.

If he fell off would he get a invitational tour card for winning the Masters? Where do those invitations end if he does?

McManus will get no fu*king Tour card it's for legends of the game

Postby The_Abbott

Ronnie79 wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:

James Watana's a legend? :sad:

Postby SnookerEd25

Ronnie79 wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:

James Wattana got one. I'd say McManus would be justified on that basis.

Postby Andy Spark

James Wattana is a proper legend. Mainly due to the fact he's done more to promote the game in south-east Asia than anyone else and was also a very good player in his day.

McManus, on the other hand, is not really a legend, in the sense of any legendary achievement related to snooker. He was just a very good player.

Postby SnookerEd25

Andy Spark wrote:James Wattana is a proper legend. Mainly due to the fact he's done more to promote the game in south-east Asia than anyone else and was also a very good player in his day.

McManus, on the other hand, is not really a legend, in the sense of any legendary achievement related to snooker. He was just a very good player.

Services to trousers?

Postby mick745

Big season for Zhou Xintong who will need to string some results together after a season of bedding in. Needs to start realising that potential and getting in top 64.