Post a reply

Re: I can't wait for the World Championship...

Postby SnookerFan

I'm looking forward to it too, though. I have the whole 17 days off work for the first time.

Better take it easy, though. I had Quarters, Semis and Final off last year. Had a few lunch time drinks, and sessions watched in the pub. Ended up asleep before the end of the snooker a couple of times, or with little memory of others.

Waste of a feast of snooker. Maybe implement a no drinking until the afternoon session starts this year. :emb:

Postby TheSaviour

Hi

Let me tell you something.

My style is minimal and classical (to put in very mildly). Which is a same thing as I have learned via hard, long working and studying patch. A wee bit patient also. But you should find all the vital information from my posts. Lots of people already abandoned to study the game day in day out. I understand a decision like that. Yes, it is a lottery. It takes a few hours to make some calculations to have an inspirational concept to go forward. Your skin will run with sweat, which is caused by the sheer luck (or the correct calculations) which is required to have some results. But you still would assume the top players have managed to crack it.. You just somehow would assume so. So there still could be some interesting playing to look forward.

Postby Coland

Cloud Strife wrote:I literally cannot. Please help me!

I don't see why you're so excited; I hate one-sided competition, and right now Selbo is the only show in town.

I'd love to see someone stepping up and making things tougher for Selbo, but he has an extra two or three gears on every single player on tour. Don't be surprised if he wins all his matches with a session to spare (bar round one, obviously) - he really is that good.

Postby Cloud Strife

Coland wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:I literally cannot. Please help me!

I don't see why you're so excited; I hate one-sided competition, and right now Selbo is the only show in town.

I'd love to see someone stepping up and making things tougher for Selbo, but he has an extra two or three gears on every single player on tour. Don't be surprised if he wins all his matches with a session to spare (bar round one, obviously) - he really is that good.

I want to see him complete the 'Selbo Slam'.

Postby Andre147

PoolBoy wrote:Jackson Page as a 'dark horse'?!
Not for me! I'd be stunned if he negotiated the 3 tough qualifying rounds to make the Crucible.

Me too. He might be a fairly good player, but already good enough to make the Crucible, what would be the youngest ever? Not a chance!

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

This years qualifiers should be interesting as there are a lot of dangerous players outside the top 32. The obvious one is Yan Bingtao but also Zhou Yeulong who nearly made it last year. There's Anthony Hamilton who hasn't made it in years and Matthew Stevens who since dropping out of the top 32 has had a run to the second round in 2015 and a narrow defeat in the final round to Kyren Wilson last year. Of the players in the top 32 there's Mark Williams who has a terrible qualifiers record and Luca Brecel who hasn't made it in the five years since becoming the youngest qualifier.