Post a reply

Re: 1990 Clydeside Classic

Postby SnookerEd25

I stumbled upon this late one night, after a few beers. The next morning, I wasn't sure if i'd dreamt it or not. I'm still unsure. Very surreal.

Postby snookerguy

Dan-cat wrote:This is so surreal and weird!! What little information I can glean from the web, this is a film maker David Mach's attempt at recreating a sporting event.

It was part of a series of films made to be randomly inserted into normal programming in Scotland with absolutely no warning whatsoever to confuse viewers between 1970 and 1990 known as television interventions. It was broadcast on April 28th 1990, when Hendry was also playing in the final of the World Championship.

Postby Dan-cat

snookerguy wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:This is so surreal and weird!! What little information I can glean from the web, this is a film maker David Mach's attempt at recreating a sporting event.

It was part of a series of films made to be randomly inserted into normal programming in Scotland with absolutely no warning whatsoever to confuse viewers between 1970 and 1990 known as television interventions. It was broadcast on April 28th 1990, when Hendry was also playing in the final of the World Championship.

I love it. Subversive. Should have got one of the proper commentators though. The voiceover is wack.