Post a reply

Re: Ronnie advises youngsters to stay away from snooker

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:So the pressure to write even something is back on! But isn´t that all sorts of a good pressure to have existing?? At least then you are not thinking anything stupid or dangerous. Let´s take when Ronnie O´Sullivan is trying to split the pack of reds. During then he isn´t thinking how he could beat Magnus Carlsen or how is his investments doing. Or if he is he would c.... up that split. No-one can afford to be that much deluded or second minded if really fancing the job. A modern snooker is a much about how well (=SURELY) can you split the reds or some other problem balls. I must admit I am not an up-dated how well can all those up and coming youngsters do that. So I have some homework to do during this year. But the knowledge I currently do posses, Ronnie and Mark Williams are the most convincing ones to do that.

I don´t know what is the problem Ronnie giving these comments. I reckon those are some perfectly normal exchanges. Everyone has those. Going to the Supermarket to buy some food. That´s an exchange too. There´s nothing illegal about it. And you don´t have to tell everything or giving any explanations. Why I would have to count what that or that food or drink does to me when 200 years go by. I won´t be living that much long. So it is a useless point of a view.

God only knows what all those people reading Ronnie´s comments are thinking lol. Just pushing through. But Ronnie has already been seen to lurking out there, to finding is A-game back. Surely that´s just matter of time, once again, at least a one more time.... He looked a very good indeed when he was playing really well. Just forcing the big breaks in. A bit strange lol.

:goodpost:

Re: Ronnie advises youngsters to stay away from snooker

Postby mick745

I have read an article somewhere where Ronnie stated that his dad pushed him into playing snooker as it kept him out of trouble and consequently gave him focus and discipline.

Now would Ronnie rather teenagers got themselves in bother and 'bummed around' instead?

The other day he said he didn't see much emerging talent coming through and therefore may pay until he was 50!

Contrast this with Alan Mcmanus saying kids lack focus as they are too busy on their smart phones to practise properly.

All sports rely on younger talent coming through. Unless there is an upheaval in the top personnel in snooker the sport will die. Nobody wants to watch a bunch of 50yo+ players knocking balls around but that is what we'll have by 2026 if not careful.

PS this is the article:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking ... g-snooker/