Post a reply

Re: Pink Ball's Top 10 Players of All-Time

Postby vodkadiet

Pink Ball wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:So Joe Davis is the GOAT? :john:

Actually, going by Vodkadiet's logic, I find it bizarre he's not included Joe Davis in his top ten. Davis is certainly the greatest of all-time going by his criteria.

I thought this was an open era debate.

Maybe Joe Davis is the greatest ever. I don't know. But one thing is for sure O'Sullivan is below Hendry regardless.

Postby vodkadiet

I don't think snooker has ever had a truly great player yet. They have all failed in essence.

Hendry, Davis, O'Sullivan are all mediocre in comparison with greats from most other sports.

Postby Pink Ball

vodkadiet wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:So Joe Davis is the GOAT? :john:

Actually, going by Vodkadiet's logic, I find it bizarre he's not included Joe Davis in his top ten. Davis is certainly the greatest of all-time going by his criteria.

I thought this was an open era debate.

Maybe Joe Davis is the greatest ever. I don't know. But one thing is for sure O'Sullivan is below Hendry regardless.

O'Sullivan is a greater player than Hendry. I am the most knowledgable man on earth when it comes to snooker, and my decisions the correct one, indisputably.

For the record, I disliked both men during their peak years.

Postby Holden Chinaski

vodkadiet wrote:I don't think snooker has ever had a truly great player yet. They have all failed in essence.

Hendry, Davis, O'Sullivan are all mediocre in comparison with greats from most other sports.

Look mate, you obviously don't know anything about snooker and don't really respect the game as well. Hendry, Davis and Ronnie are legends and they are as great as any other sport legend. Just stop posting already, you're either a troll or an idiot or both.

Postby Pink Ball

Holden Chinaski wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:I don't think snooker has ever had a truly great player yet. They have all failed in essence.

Look mate, you obviously don't know anything about snooker and don't really respect the game as well. Hendry, Davis and Ronnie are legends and they are as great as any other sport legend. Just stop posting already, you're either a troll or an idiot or both.

buck sake, I disagree with him, but he's entitled to his opinion.

Postby vodkadiet

Holden Chinaski wrote:

Were you one of those kids who used to pick up and your ball and go home if you weren't continually passed the ball?

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall

That's exactly my attitude to Snooker debate.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall

That's exactly my attitude to Snooker debate.

I find that offensive

Postby vodkadiet

You see that 'red faced ogre' over there, called Phil Mitchell! He would have beaten O'Sullivan 18-0 at The Crucible, blindfolded and with one hand tied behind his back.....

Postby TheRocket

ROS has played the game to a higher level than any other player imo but even as an O'Sullivan supporter I gotta admit he needs to work on his World title tally. Yes, he's won a hell of a lot. But the World Championship counts more than anything else and given he's won many titles including UK's and Masters' in recent time its some sort of a failure his last World title has been in 2013.

I still think Ronnie has something to prove to become the greatest. And that one thing is winning another World title.

Postby vodkadiet

TheRocket wrote:ROS has played the game to a higher level than any other player imo but even as an O'Sullivan supporter I gotta admit he needs to work on his World title tally. Yes, he's won a hell of a lot. But the World Championship counts more than anything else and given he's won many titles including UK's and Masters' in recent time its some sort of a failure his last World title has been in 2013.

I still think Ronnie has something to prove to become the greatest. And that one thing is winning another World title.

At last. A rational O'Sullivan supporter. Respect to you.

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet wrote:
TheRocket wrote:ROS has played the game to a higher level than any other player imo but even as an O'Sullivan supporter I gotta admit he needs to work on his World title tally. Yes, he's won a hell of a lot. But the World Championship counts more than anything else and given he's won many titles including UK's and Masters' in recent time its some sort of a failure his last World title has been in 2013.

Is he better than Phil Mitchell though?

Postby vodkadiet

Cloud Strife wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

Is he better than Phil Mitchell though?

He's a better actor than the 'red faced ogre'.