Post a reply

Re: Pink Ball's Top 10 Players of All-Time

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:With last night's win, ROS has now won 35 rankers. Only 1 more to tie with Hendry and 2 more to go until he surpasses and thus deprives him of yet another record. :mosh:

The problem is....

AC or LT? wrote:Ronnie'll go out to Ding. He's no longer a tournament finalist, he showed that in Chengdu.

Postby Johnny Bravo

vodkadiet wrote:Hendry's 7 World titles means he is out on his own as The GOAT. The rest are also rans.

ROS will smash that. But Hendry would have won 3 at most had he turned pro at the same time as the class of 92.

Postby vodkadiet

Johnny Bravo wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Hendry's 7 World titles means he is out on his own as The GOAT. The rest are also rans.

ROS will smash that. But Hendry would have won 3 at most had he turned pro at the same time as the class of 92.

Would've. Could've. Should've.

Postby Wildey

Johnny Bravo wrote:With last night's win, ROS has now won 35 rankers. Only 1 more to tie with Hendry and 2 more to go until he surpasses and thus deprives him of yet another record. :mosh:

i wander what you will get to talk about if ronnie surpasses all Stephen's Records you definitly worry about it more than Stephen does.

Postby D4P

Here is the list of players that Stephen Hendry beat in the process of winning his 7 world titles. Hard for me to imagine looking at the list and deciding that beating that group of players makes the person who beat them the greatest player of all time, regardless of any other considerations. At a minimum, it seems like you would have to have a very high opinion of Jimmy White, Nigel Bond, and James Wattana...

Jimmy White (5X)
Nigel Bond (4X)
Darren Morgan (3X)
James Wattana (2X)
Ronnie (2X)
Alain Robidoux
Alan McManus
Danny Fowler
Dave Harold
Dene O’Kane
Gary Wilkinson
Jason Ferguson
John Parrott
Mark Williams
Matthew Stevens
Paul Hunter
Peter Ebdon
Stefan Mazrocis
Stephen Murphy
Steve Davis
Surinder Gill
Terry Griffiths
Tony Drago
Tony Meo

Postby Johnny Bravo

Wildey wrote:

i wander what you will get to talk about if ronnie surpasses all Stephen's Records you definitly worry about it more than Stephen does.

I will have an instant orgasm when that happens. :mosh:

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:

Hendry is so far up Ronnie's anus, I wouldn't be surprised if he actually wants him to break all his records. <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Wildey wrote:

I will have an instant orgasm when that happens. :mosh:

:limp:

Postby Johnny Bravo

Dan-cat wrote:You know what will happen if he does break the 7 worlds? People will say he took so long to do it.

The GOAT argument will never end.

With the aid of his Ronnetes, ROS will prevail :mosh: :win: :mosh:

Postby sootywooty

I think it is hard split them personally at their best Stephen Hendry seemed to peak very young and ROS later maybe at his best now.

But ROS seems to have the fear factor now and is very solid when on his A game and a joy to watch.

Postby D4P

Pink Ball wrote:The list needs a lot of updating by now

It's not TOO far off. I suppose Selby should move up, and Neil Robertson might bump Jimmy White off the list.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Dan-cat wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:The list needs a lot of updating by now

1. Ronnie
2. Ronnie
3. Ronnie
4. Hendry
5. Ronnie
6. Nugget
7. Ronnie
8. Ronnie
9. Eddie Charlton
10. Ronnie

Where the hell is Bagley? :chin:

Postby vodkadiet

Surprisingly despite his age O'Sullivan is still in with a chance of becoming the greatest player in snooker's open era. If he equals Hendry's 7 world titles only a fool would say that wasn't enough. However, I wouldn't be surprised if another player came along and won 10 world titles in the future.
Last edited by vodkadiet on 06 Apr 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Pink Ball

vodkadiet wrote:Surprisingly despite his age O'Sullivan is still in with a chance of becoming the greatest player in snooker's open era. If he equals Hendry's 7 world titles only a fool wouldn't say that was enough. However, I wouldn't be surprised if another player came along and won 10 world titles in the future.

Judging by the rubbish coming through, I doubt anyone will have the concentration to win even five world titles. There are just too many cool apps nowadays.

Postby vodkadiet

Pink Ball wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Surprisingly despite his age O'Sullivan is still in with a chance of becoming the greatest player in snooker's open era. If he equals Hendry's 7 world titles only a fool wouldn't say that was enough. However, I wouldn't be surprised if another player came along and won 10 world titles in the future.

Judging by the rubbish coming through, I doubt anyone will have the concentration to win even five world titles. There are just too many cool apps nowadays.

That point is irrefutable....

Postby Pink Ball

1. Ronnie O'Sullivan
2. Stephen Hendry
3. John Higgins
4. Steve Davis
5. Mark Williams
6. Ray Reardon
7. Mark Selby
8. Alex Higgins
9. Neil Robertson
10. Ding Junhui
11. Peter Ebdon
12. Jimmy White
13. Judd Trump
14. John Parrott
15. John Spencer
16. Ken Doherty
17. Shaun Murphy
18. Cliff Thorburn
19. Terry Griffiths
20. Paul Hunter

Trump leaps up the list, while Neil Robertson is getting very close to overtaking Alex Higgins, in my official opinion.