Post a reply

Re: Where do the player's allegiances lie?

Postby Wildey

case_master wc wrote:Try and look at the positives, there is going to be an alternative on the table. Who knows, it might be better than what Hearn is suggesting: huh2: :huh2:

no mate there isnt theres going to be a massive infighting for the next decade been here done that before mate its a mess total shambolic mess.

Postby Monique

case_master wc wrote:Try and look at the positives, there is going to be an alternative on the table. Who knows, it might be better than what Hearn is suggesting: huh2: :huh2:

Do you really believe this? Do you really still believe in any plan the old board would present? They ruled the game for years, lost tournaments, lost sponsors... oh,yes, they did something... Bahrain! :scared:

Postby Casey

Well again looking at the positives they did get Eurosport which has been massive for snooker.

I am happy with Barry’s proposal but lets be honest it’s radical. I don’t see the harm in having choice, I would be very interested to see what other proposals are on offer and I think the players deserve a choice. (Its there livelihood at stake afterall)

Postby Roland

If the old board who were vote out gather together to launch a bid, I will gladly unhook the leash and set wildJONESEYE on them.

Postby Casey

What if they guaranteed more tournaments, ranking tournaments ;) .

I doubt they will but I don’t think it should be all dome and gloom before they even submit anything.

Postby Wildey

case_master wc wrote:What if they guaranteed more tournaments, ranking tournaments ;) .

I doubt they will but I don’t think it should be all dome and gloom before they even submit anything.

the doom and gloom is its more fighting within snooker.

you tug on a wire conected to something long enough it will break off snooker is at breaking point regarding a stable future.

we need the players now to stick together and vote yes more than ever if the vote goes no where do we go ?

theres nowhere to go another decade of marmite fighting and a defanate Breakaway.

Postby Casey

I hope they vote yes and get everybody on the same page, however for the reasons that I have listed before...there won't be a breakaway.

Postby Wildey

well i wish i had your optimism i really do ....

theres a prediction contest run by the tubberlad and Paddy predicting the matches is piece of rubbish compared to predicting what state snooker will be in next season.

Postby Tubberlad

andreiolay212 wrote:If there was a don't care about Hearn section Ding and robbo would be on that list

Any links lad? Are both of them undecided or what?

Postby GJ

robbo will vote for whatever way will benefit snooker :ahh: :D

Postby andreiolay212

Any links lad? Are both of them undecided or what?
-------------------------------------------------------------
They haven't said anything but if they had anything to say on the matter wouldn't they already show there allegiance or disagreement with Hearn.

Postby GJ

andreiolay212 wrote:GJ what do you think about Robertson's season so far?

a decent season the grand prix has been the highlight so far

the 147 i china was class :D

im more confident about him winning the worlds this year because he experienced the 1 table set up last year for the first time at the crucible and i think this will help him in his pursuit of the world title this year

:ahh:

Postby GJ

andreiolay212 wrote:Have you had a flutter on him, also what about Ding's chance at the world champs

yes i have 50 notes on him at 14/1 i did that in january

i think ding has a great draw to get to the semi's

robbo v ding semi would be very tough for both

Postby GJ

andreiolay212 wrote:GJ gd night m8 going to bed quite early by my standards

night mate

Postby Wildey

guys lol

theres a point to this thread and Robbo and bed time kisses isnt one of them <laugh>

Postby GJ

robbo , stevens , day and ebdon are all now with 110 sport

Postby Monique

Mark Williams backs Barry Hearn to rule World Snooker

Mark Williams believes that snooker needs change at the top
Mark Williams has backed World Snooker chairman Barry Hearn to take a controlling stake in the organisation.
Two-time world champions Williams, who won his first title in four years at the China Open this month, also says it is "good" that Lee Doyle resigned.
Doyle this week quit as a World Snooker director in protest at Hearn's plans.
"I'm glad he [Doyle] has gone off the board... let Hearn run it, let him do whatever he wants to do, we've got him in there," Williams told BBC Wales.
Doyle, chairman of the 110sport management group which represents stars including Ronnie O'Sullivan and Stephen Hendry, objects to Hearn being handed a 51% stake in snooker's governing body.
Hearn, who has laid out his plans to "reinvigorate" the sport, said that as a rival promoter Doyle's position had become "untenable".
"If he [Hearn] wants 100% of the company just give it to him, what difference does it make?" Williams added.
"It's not like he's taking money off us, we haven't actually got anything, so just let him carry on.
"He wants to run it all and make the decisions all by himself and I think that's the only way forward."
"Obviously I've heard people talking and brag up other votes, to not vote for him, and this and that.
"It just makes me laugh really and I'm not getting involved in any of that this time round.
"I'm just going to vote for Hearn and, fingers crossed, everyone else does. If they don't then they're just crazy."
All the internecine turmoil comes just before the start of the World Championship at the Crucible Theatre in Sheffield.
Williams is pleased with his form after winning the China Open, although he admits he is still "nowhere near" the level that has previously seen him win twice at the Crucible.
"If you win any tournament in this day and age, with all the [good] players about, it does boost your confidence," Williams said.
"But to win one just before the World gives you a lot of confidence and hopefully I can go there and carry the form on that I've been showing.
"It's just a shame I haven't got past, I think, the second round there for God knows how many years.
"Hopefully I'll give myself a good chance to have a good run in it this year.
"There's no easy draws but I've got a tough draw: Marcus Campbell in the first round, who obviously is an excellent player, and then if I win I've probably got Ronnie O'Sullivan in the second.
"They don't come much harder than that. I think I had him in the second round last year and he beat me there but... I'm looking forward to it."

Mark Williams taking side for Hearn... basically stating the same as I did on 606...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_s ... 620741.stm

Postby Casey

Wise words from Mark.

I think you will see all of the top 16 (bar Murphy and Ebdon) vote for BH's plan.

I would like to hear from the likes of Doherty, Dott, Lee...former winners playing about outside the top 16

P.S Maybe someone should remind Mark who it actually was that beat him last year ;)

Postby Wildey

this is fantastic

not only a player backing hearn but a player Backing the 51% stake...

i honestly think without a single doubt that will be the best thing that will happen for snooker.

im not a believer in to many cooks.... 1 man to make important decisions but taking advice and as Steve Davis best mate what better person to take advice from.

Postby Roland

Monique wrote:
Mark Williams backs Barry Hearn to rule World Snooker

Mark Williams believes that snooker needs change at the top
Mark Williams has backed World Snooker chairman Barry Hearn to take a controlling stake in the organisation.
Two-time world champions Williams, who won his first title in four years at the China Open this month, also says it is "good" that Lee Doyle resigned.
Doyle this week quit as a World Snooker director in protest at Hearn's plans.
"I'm glad he [Doyle] has gone off the board... let Hearn run it, let him do whatever he wants to do, we've got him in there," Williams told BBC Wales.
Doyle, chairman of the 110sport management group which represents stars including Ronnie O'Sullivan and Stephen Hendry, objects to Hearn being handed a 51% stake in snooker's governing body.
Hearn, who has laid out his plans to "reinvigorate" the sport, said that as a rival promoter Doyle's position had become "untenable".
"If he [Hearn] wants 100% of the company just give it to him, what difference does it make?" Williams added.
"It's not like he's taking money off us, we haven't actually got anything, so just let him carry on.
"He wants to run it all and make the decisions all by himself and I think that's the only way forward."
"Obviously I've heard people talking and brag up other votes, to not vote for him, and this and that.
"It just makes me laugh really and I'm not getting involved in any of that this time round.
"I'm just going to vote for Hearn and, fingers crossed, everyone else does. If they don't then they're just crazy."
All the internecine turmoil comes just before the start of the World Championship at the Crucible Theatre in Sheffield.
Williams is pleased with his form after winning the China Open, although he admits he is still "nowhere near" the level that has previously seen him win twice at the Crucible.
"If you win any tournament in this day and age, with all the [good] players about, it does boost your confidence," Williams said.
"But to win one just before the World gives you a lot of confidence and hopefully I can go there and carry the form on that I've been showing.
"It's just a shame I haven't got past, I think, the second round there for God knows how many years.
"Hopefully I'll give myself a good chance to have a good run in it this year.
"There's no easy draws but I've got a tough draw: Marcus Campbell in the first round, who obviously is an excellent player, and then if I win I've probably got Ronnie O'Sullivan in the second.
"They don't come much harder than that. I think I had him in the second round last year and he beat me there but... I'm looking forward to it."

Mark Williams taking side for Hearn... basically stating the same as I did on 606...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_s ... 620741.stm

Mark Williams :ahh:

Postby Wildey

what i like about this is its a possitive vibe from a top player to whats going on to totally ballance out the doom and gloom from Ebdon.

during the WC many people will be asked of their opinion it will be interesting to see what way they will swing on this issue.