Post a reply

Re: Where do the player's allegiances lie?

Postby Wildey

thetubberlad wrote:My bad. Murphy duly moved

not yet im not possitive thats the case now.

murphy has always been a board member in waiting if hearn gets 51% that might never happen.

Postby Wildey

dont forget Peter Ebdon has atrong influance over the chinese and their academy they use for practice could be coming to a end.

Postby Tubberlad

My fellow magpie, the list does look promising, but the lower ranked players have said very little and as Wild says, the Chinese players are crucial in all of this. I believe Ding is a good mate of Ebdon's, so I could see him voting anti-Hearn, which could have a bit of a domino effect. Interesting that Hearn said he 'can see a few the Chines lads going a long way' at the Worlds. Trying to curry favour I feel.

Postby Wildey

anyone got lower rankers on Facebook thats a way of getting to know their thoughts.

Postby N_Castle07

one of the questions to Hearn on the TSF was from a lower ranked player i'm sure of it. Complaining how hard it is going to be to get the money to travel abroud for these new events. But i don't think Barry feels for these lower ranked players at all and rightfully so. Play good make money.

Postby Tubberlad

I might actually set up a Facebook page, solely for snooker purposes. I hate social networking, but it would be nice to see how things are going with Del Hill's campaign and such like.

Postby Tubberlad

N_Castle07 wrote:one of the questions to Hearn on the TSF was from a lower ranked player i'm sure of it. Complaining how hard it is going to be to get the money to travel abroud for these new events. But i don't think Barry feels for these lower ranked players at all and rightfully so. Play good make money.

I agree lad, but they still have a lot of influence on this vote. If they don't want it, they don't have to take it. Hopefully the vote goes through, because we may then be faced with a darts like split.

Postby Smart

thetubberlad wrote:I might actually set up a Facebook page, solely for snooker purposes. I hate social networking, but it would be nice to see how things are going with Del Hill's campaign and such like.

I thought Cheesy posted someewhere all the players who were contactable by FB........ worth digging that article out. <ok>

Postby Wildey

N_Castle07 wrote:one of the questions to Hearn on the TSF was from a lower ranked player i'm sure of it. Complaining how hard it is going to be to get the money to travel abroud for these new events. But i don't think Barry feels for these lower ranked players at all and rightfully so. Play good make money.

yes but it would be the same no matter who is in charge suerly whats the answer to that less tournaments less traveling :?

the WSA is not a charity if you want to make a living out of snooker you go where the money is. get sponsors to sponsor your traveling etc.

Postby Monique

Dave Hendon on twitter minutes ago "

Lee Doyle has resigned from the WPBSA board and announced his opposition to Barry Hearn"
Now what does that mean for 110 players? What will Hendry do?
Anyhow it's bad news.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:Dave Hendon on twitter minutes ago "

Lee Doyle has resigned from the WPBSA board and announced his opposition to Barry Hearn"
Now what does that mean for 110 players? What will Hendry do?
Anyhow it's bad news.

ohhhhhh rubbish .

Persanally i think theres more chance of Hendry leaving 110sport over this.

Postby Monique

And Dave's about it http://snookerscene.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... board.html
LEE DOYLE RESIGNS FROM WPBSA BOARD
Lee Doyle, the chairman of 110sport, has today resigned from the WPBSA board and declared his opposition to its chairman, Barry Hearn, and his future plans for the sport in a move which will precipitate (yet another) bitter battle for control of the sport.

He said: "I feel that my current position as a Director on the Board of the WPBSA is now untenable given that I am completely opposed to the proposals the Chairman, Barry Hearn, has laid out whereby the controlling rights in the Company are handed over to him.

“I do understand what Barry is trying to achieve in snooker and we have discussed this at considerable length. But on this one we agree to disagree.

“Barry has always run his own business and made his own decisions. However, I feel extremely uncomfortable where from my perspective decisions are being taken on contracts without me being consulted as a Board member.

“I do wish some of the players would look at these proposals from the business angle and see the bigger picture and the implications going forward for the game, rather than turning everything in to some kind of popularity contest between those they like and those they don’t want to listen to.”

I have no inside knowledge of the way the WPBSA board works under Hearn.

But I do know that 110sport were the leading cheerleaders of the Altium bid eight years, which bore many similarities to what Hearn is proposing now.

Ironically - or perhaps not - many of those against Altium are now for Hearn.

And so the self-interested, factional world of snooker turns once again.

Doyle's resignation and opposition to Hearn means the bright new future - announced only a fortnight ago - could already be dead in the water, and with it the new tournaments and broadcasting contracts that came with them.

That said, apathy may well yet be the winner. I understand only a handful of players have contacted Hearn since his letter went out, even though he supplied his mobile number and email address.

How many of them will turn up to the May 5 meeting to hear him out rather than rely on 'managers' to decide what's best for them?

Doyle, who manages a large stable of players, neglects to put forward an alternative to the Hearn plan. Perhaps he thinks the way the sport has been run for the last decade is the way things should continue.

However, I understand an alternative proposal is being put together by the very board members who the players rejected just four months ago.

The way things are going, though, the sport will have no credibility left regardless of who is in charge.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:The plot thickens.

Peter Ebdon
Mike Dunn
Lee Doyle

ummmmmmm theres definitly a pattern emerging here.

Postby Roland

Well it must said, Lee Doyles timing and stance proves he doesn't have snookers best interests at heart. He should now clear off to another sport or disappear somewhere else. Up Ebdons backside perhaps. Petty power games at this most crucial of times is not what the doctor ordered.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:And Dave's about it http://snookerscene.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... board.html
LEE DOYLE RESIGNS FROM WPBSA BOARD
Lee Doyle, the chairman of 110sport, has today resigned from the WPBSA board and declared his opposition to its chairman, Barry Hearn, and his future plans for the sport in a move which will precipitate (yet another) bitter battle for control of the sport.

He said: "I feel that my current position as a Director on the Board of the WPBSA is now untenable given that I am completely opposed to the proposals the Chairman, Barry Hearn, has laid out whereby the controlling rights in the Company are handed over to him.

“I do understand what Barry is trying to achieve in snooker and we have discussed this at considerable length. But on this one we agree to disagree.

“Barry has always run his own business and made his own decisions. However, I feel extremely uncomfortable where from my perspective decisions are being taken on contracts without me being consulted as a Board member.

“I do wish some of the players would look at these proposals from the business angle and see the bigger picture and the implications going forward for the game, rather than turning everything in to some kind of popularity contest between those they like and those they don’t want to listen to.”

I have no inside knowledge of the way the WPBSA board works under Hearn.

But I do know that 110sport were the leading cheerleaders of the Altium bid eight years, which bore many similarities to what Hearn is proposing now.

Ironically - or perhaps not - many of those against Altium are now for Hearn.

And so the self-interested, factional world of snooker turns once again.

Doyle's resignation and opposition to Hearn means the bright new future - announced only a fortnight ago - could already be dead in the water, and with it the new tournaments and broadcasting contracts that came with them.

That said, apathy may well yet be the winner. I understand only a handful of players have contacted Hearn since his letter went out, even though he supplied his mobile number and email address.

How many of them will turn up to the May 5 meeting to hear him out rather than rely on 'managers' to decide what's best for them?

Doyle, who manages a large stable of players, neglects to put forward an alternative to the Hearn plan. Perhaps he thinks the way the sport has been run for the last decade is the way things should continue.

However, I understand an alternative proposal is being put together by the very board members who the players rejected just four months ago.

The way things are going, though, the sport will have no credibility left regardless of who is in charge.

Lee mate think

The Reason the anti Altium is Pro Hearn is simple they know what a cockerel up they did my guess he is talking about Higgins and Ronnie.

and now Rodney Walker is putting together a alternative....

buck me are these people EVER Going to put the sport ahead of themselfes and theire stupid egos.

Postby Casey

:chin: It will be very interesting to see their plan, will it be better or more of what was before??

Postby Monique

power junkies rule the world, this is nothing new. Alas.
And for the players who are supposed to give their best in the WC this is probably the last thing they need... turmoil, uncertainties and inner fights.

Postby Wildey

the players now more than Ever before needs to back Hearn to the Hilt or Snooker is dead and as Hendon sais has no credability left and sponsors wont touch it with a barge poll.

bucking BLOODY HELL

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:power junkies rule the world, this is nothing new. Alas.
And for the players who are supposed to give their best in the WC this is probably the last thing they need... turmoil, uncertainties and inner fights.

i think the best thing the players can do now is stick together this is messy very messy.

nobody wins if theres not a united front.

Postby N_Castle07

This has just confirmed my worries i had a couple of weeks ago. I have a gut feeling this may fall through I hope i'm wrong. It's all in the hands of the players. We need to hope they see sense.

Postby Wildey

N_Castle07 wrote:This has just confirmed my worries i had a couple of weeks ago. I have a gut feeling this may fall through I hope i'm wrong. It's all in the hands of the players. We need to hope they see sense.

ill tell you what if this falls through and i see another player moaning we havent got enough tournaments to play etc so god help me ill go to theire house and rip theire heads off lol

Postby Casey

Try and look at the positives, there is going to be an alternative on the table. Who knows, it might be better than what Hearn is suggesting: huh2: :huh2: