Post a reply

Re: Where do the player's allegiances lie?

Postby Tubberlad

Mark Williams is, put quite simply, the man. No nonsense, no whinging, just straight out. And as far as I can see, he's SPOT ON.

Interviewer: Board member Lee Doyle has resigned.

Williams: Good, I'm glad he's gone.

What a fantastic response. Williams has always been one of my favourite players, and this interview strengthens this.

"Obviously I've heard people talking and brag up other votes, to not vote for him, and this and that.

"It just makes me laugh really and I'm not getting involved in any of that this time round.

"I'm just going to vote for Hearn and, fingers crossed, everyone else does. If they don't then they're just crazy."

For this interview alone, I'll be screaming him on at Sheffield.

Postby Witz78

Yep well done to Williams.

Im slightly concerned by the lack of anything of note from lower ranked players as to what direction they will vote.

Are they really going to be naive enough to be hoodwinked into casting a vote which wont be in their interests but to protect the skin of their managers, coaches etc at expense of the sport as a whole.

Hopefully the likes of Ronnie, Selby, Williams, Higgins views on the vote, will rub off on these lower pros.

Postby GJ

group leader joseph will have a big impact on the vote result

Postby Casey

Witz78 wrote:
Im slightly concerned by the lack of anything of note from lower ranked players as to what direction they will vote.

Yes, this is true what about the likes of Pettman, mark Davies, Green etc.

I suppose they do not get the exposure of the rest so maybe thats why we have not heard. I am sure they will be asked in post match interviews at the WC so hopefully we will know more then.

Postby Tubberlad

case_master wc wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

Yes, this is true what about the likes of Pettman, mark Davies, Green etc.

I suppose they do not get the exposure of the rest so maybe thats why we have not heard. I am sure they will be asked in post match interviews at the WC so hopefully we will know more then.

I hope they do just that at the interviews. For the first time ever a Marcus Campbell interview will make for compelling, must-see viewing.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:http://www.global-snooker.com/global-snooker-news-williams-and-day-on-course-for-sheffield-challenge-100415.asp

Ryan Day who is a10 player still backs Barry Hearn.

to be honest i think most top players will back him despite of the Lee Doyle instance.

lower down the scale im slightly weary of just like witz.

Postby Wildey

persanally i think Doyle was looking for a conveniant way to get out Having someone else other than him calling the shots didnt sit well.

if the shoe was on the other foot he or his father would ask for 51% share.

i think 110sport players know that and will be backing the hearn deal.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/snooker-obriens-integrity-proves-his-downfall-2147230.html

O'Brien is now hoping that Barry Hearn's plans to revolutionise snooker and intensify the tour schedule will be ratified at an upcoming EGM.

"We've had six world ranking tournaments this season and that is a joke. You feel like a part-time player," said the 38-year-old. "Hopefully when Barry unveils his plans we'll be a lot busier. If you have a bad season with 20 tournaments that's your fault, you can't have any complaints."

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:It's "players'" dumbass.

The guy who originally posted this hasn't posted on Snooker Island for nearly seven years.

Probably embarrassed about his appalling grammar. Get him back in here. I want to tear him off a strip.

Postby Muppet147

Dan-cat wrote:Muppet, welcome back, have you washed your plates this week?

:-D

Thank you for that warm welcome.

I actually thought Snooker Island had ceased to be. Then I saw someone had posted a link to it.

Hurrah!

Postby Dan-cat

Muppet147 wrote:

I actually thought Snooker Island had ceased to be. Then I saw someone had posted a link to it.

Hurrah!

We are thriving. We had to update a certificate that's all. :-D

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Muppet147 wrote:

Hurrah!

What a story!
Any more detail you can let us have?