Post a reply

Best/Worst Eurosport commentators?

Postby Lou147

The BBC comms get enough stick on here, but who do people like/ dislike on the Eurosport team? Personally I find Mike Hallett and Phillip Studd bore the life out of me but the rest I don't mind

Re: Best/Worst Eurosport commentators?

Postby Lou147

Mark Allens just said on twitter he thinks Joe Johnson is the worst commentator, Higgins had a go at him before aswell. Can't say I'm his biggest fan either

Re: Best/Worst Eurosport commentators?

Postby SnookerFan

Lou147 wrote:Mark Allens just said on twitter he thinks Joe Johnson is the worst commentator, Higgins had a go at him before aswell. Can't say I'm his biggest fan either


I dont mind Joe Johnson. If I had to listen to Joe or Mark Allen, I know who I'd choose.

Re: Best/Worst Eurosport commentators?

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:I dont mind Joe Johnson. If I had to listen to Joe or Mark Allen, I know who I'd choose.


Joe did put his foot in it slightly last night. I forget who he was commentating with, but his co-commentating was talking about how there used to be only six ranking events a year. And was saying that Judd has managed to carry on his good form from one tournament to the next now, as they are so close.

Joe goes; "It never bothered Stephen Hendry, in his prime."

It was like; "That's a bit earlier than when I was referring to Joe." rofl

Still, I like him. <ok>

Re: Best/Worst Eurosport commentators?

Postby Dan-cat

I wish they used more commentators. With the amount of Eurosport snooker I've consumed in the last few weeks I am tiring of hearing the same old sentences from the vocab-limited Yorkshiremen. I'm from Yorkshire, we are not all like that. Thank god for Dave Hendon.

Re: Best/Worst Eurosport commentators?

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:I wish they used more commentators. With the amount of Eurosport snooker I've consumed in the last few weeks I am tiring of hearing the same old sentences from the vocab-limited Yorkshiremen. I'm from Yorkshire, we are not all like that. Thank god for Dave Hendon.


You should feel blessed it isn't on the BBC. You'd have got;

Dennis Taylor; "Golf"
John Virgo; "WHERE'S THE CUE BALL GOING?"
Dennis Taylor; "I took a fiver off Willie on the golf course this morning."
Willie Thorne; "I used to play this guy in my club in Leicester."
Dennis Taylor; "Really Willie? At snooker or at golf?"
John Parrott; "Ronne. Ronnie, Ronnie, Ronnie."
Dennis Taylor; "GOLF!"

Re: Best/Worst Eurosport commentators?

Postby SnookerFan

It'll be good to have the ITV commentators back in a few weeks, I reckon.

Kind of depends how much of Phil Yates they use.