Post a reply

Re: Will Anthony McGill win the World Championship?

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:McGill has been seized by a debilitating lack of belief. He is a keen student of the game, but I think he overcomplicates and overanalyses things. Back to basics man.

I'm definitely less confident he'll win it than when I made this thread.

But still say he has a chance. Especially as players seem to improve as they get older these days.

I'd like to see him do it.

Postby shanew48

D4P wrote:Just 29 frames away now...

I don't think he scores heavily enough against the top players, very solid safety game but if he plays Selby in the final then he has more of a chance but if it's Ronnie I can't see how he will be able to subdue him enough over a 35 frame/4 session final.

Its one thing having a very good safety game and waiting for mistakes and then winning frames but the top players can make century's of of nothing without you doing anything wrong whereas Mcgill doesn't really do that consistently which is why I don't believe he has the all round game to beat Ronnie over the best of 35 frames.

Postby vodkadiet1

He will finish Wilson off with a session to spare. He will have Friday as a rest day. Selby and O'Sullivan will go 17-16 and McGill will batter a tired opponent in the final. So the answer to your question is yes.

Postby Ck147

vodkadiet1 wrote:He will finish Wilson off with a session to spare. He will have Friday as a rest day. Selby and O'Sullivan will go 17-16 and McGill will batter a tired opponent in the final. So the answer to your question is yes.

Wrong, RONNIE!!!

Postby TheSaviour

"Anthony McGill´s qualifying results certainly has been the best there has been for the last 10 years, truly a shockingly blistering performances! He also must be amongs the big favourites now".

30 Jul 2020, from TheSaviour.

I wasn´t that much precise as I at time would had like to be. I am always that Anthony McGill that and Anthony McGill that. Mainly, as Ronnie is just Ronnie, Kyren is just Kyren, as so on. Anthony is a real deal, is that good or not, can´t tell. Well, he had some blistering troubles with his mid range - potting efforts just a few months ago, something which putted me slightly off. Plus, some argue his physique ain´t that much good, but every smart person can perfectly hide those kind of a things.

It is a small hole. It is a small hole where everyone are aiming at. What happens with that bigger picture or "overall wisdoms…"? All sorts of stories from too but still at least something went correct.

It is that much of a small hole that so far there has been endless list of different numbers. Where none of it tells the truth. The truth is how confident one can be. Not arrogant or "wise", but self-confident.

If it is an easy tiny victory then it is just that. Just close your phone off or something and you won the whole thing!

Who won the shirts/jackets - war? Is that something which could still stand as an results, or everyone targeting towards that very tiny small hole?

All sorts of numbers flying in. It was the basic confident which setted me down. Nothing to do with the numbers, as that IS just matter of a TYPING!

Agree with the great Dan-Cat; Tartan nugget!

Selby´s still absolutely superb, must be stated! He may well beat Ronnie from 3-5 down, just some superb playing and character currently; Mark Selby. He would easily beat Anthony. Or will. Ronnie is just Ronnie, trust me.

So far, each time, have yet, still and neverthless found that small hole. Bizarre.

Postby SnookerEd25

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:He's licensed to thrill, he's Anthony McGill!

But will he thrill is way to the World Championship?

My prediction is that he will, but give it a minimum of five years yet. Experience seems key these days.

Indeed it is.

His game is well suited for a possible Crucible crown.

Atm I'd say Kyren Wilson, McGill and Michael White are the most likely winners of a World Champs being born in the 90s.

Michael Who? :chin:

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:He's licensed to thrill, he's Anthony McGill!

But will he thrill is way to the World Championship?

My prediction is that he will, but give it a minimum of five years yet. Experience seems key these days.

Indeed it is.

His game is well suited for a possible Crucible crown.

Atm I'd say Kyren Wilson, McGill and Michael White are the most likely winners of a World Champs being born in the 90s.

Michael Who? :chin:

Michael White.

He's a snooker player.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:i agree with King Kauto its getting pathetic

Wildey wrote:but just posting discuss on every topic getting very tedious.

give a reason why you think he can become world champion.

the question and thread is fine the presentation is boring

I had forgotten about this controversial thread.

I apolgise, I didn't mean anything by it.

And sorry I have probably joked about it since. <ok>

Postby CUE CRAFTY

I would definitely say, given the way he played several of the last frames in his semi final match, that he has the right stuff. He showed tenacity and bravery under the stress of the situation and played great snooker.

With hindsight it would have been more interesting to have seen him play Ronnie, rather than Wilson in the final as he appeared to have the edge in mental fortitude.

If he can build on that play, he can win the worlds, but he has been pretty absent in recent times in most events so I hope this isn't just a purple patch, like before, where he then became touted as the next big thing...only to fade away.

Postby Holden Chinaski

vodkadiet1 wrote:He will finish Wilson off with a session to spare. He will have Friday as a rest day. Selby and O'Sullivan will go 17-16 and McGill will batter a tired opponent in the final. So the answer to your question is yes.

:chin: