Postby SnookerFan

Now is the winter of our discontent
Made glorious summer by this sun of York;
And all the clouds that lour'd upon our house
In the deep bosom of the ocean buried.
Now are our brows bound with victorious wreaths;
Our bruised arms hung up for monuments;
Our stern alarums changed to merry meetings,
Our dreadful marches to delightful measures.
Grim-visaged war hath smooth'd his wrinkled front;
And now, instead of mounting barded steeds
To fright the souls of fearful adversaries,
He capers nimbly in a lady's chamber
To the lascivious pleasing of a lute.
But I, that am not shaped for sportive tricks,
Nor made to court an amorous looking-glass;
I, that am rudely stamp'd, and want love's majesty
To strut before a wanton ambling nymph;
I, that am curtail'd of this fair proportion,
Cheated of feature by dissembling nature,
Deformed, unfinish'd, sent before my time
Into this breathing world, scarce half made up,
And that so lamely and unfashionable
That dogs bark at me as I halt by them;
Why, I, in this weak piping time of peace,
Have no delight to pass away the time,
Unless to spy my shadow in the sun
And descant on mine own deformity:
And therefore, since I cannot prove a lover,
To entertain these fair well-spoken days,
I am determined to prove a villain
And hate the idle pleasures of these days.
Plots have I laid, inductions dangerous,
By drunken prophecies, libels and dreams,
To set my brother Clarence and the king
In deadly hate the one against the other:
And if King Edward be as true and just
As I am subtle, false and treacherous,
This day should Clarence closely be mew'd up,
About a prophecy, which says that 'G'
Of Edward's heirs the murderer shall be.
Dive, thoughts, down to my soul: here
Clarence comes.

Re: How long as Ebdon been a vegan?

Postby Master Blaster

Dan-cat wrote:Good thread :)

Ali Carter has recently switched to vegan after Ebdon's persistence that it would help his Chrohn's disease. And it has :)

What you put in your body directly affects your health and mood and energy levels.

You're right. But animal protein is best, whey and casein. Athletes, lifters and body builders swear by it and the proof is in their pudding. Yes, beans on toast is wonderful too, plenty of protein but milk/eggs is the most easily synthesised into muscle, which we all depend upon for strength, fitness and health. Red meat/pork is a poor substitute and poorly absorbed, white meat ok for health and fish great for health. Some veg proteins are positively awful; soy has a strong link to cancer, so long term, everything in moderation is the watchword. Except for milk! rofl

Vegetarians are generally pale, ill looking and just ill because they lack the nutrition from animal sources to maintain a healthy immune system. The beans and pulses they eat are great foods that pro cyclists (the fittest of the fit) take on board. But simply omitting a whole food group out of a diet smacks of a nazi obsession rather than common sense.

Postby Holden Chinaski

There are actually a lot of vegan athletes, Master Blaster. Triathletes, powerlifters, strongmen, MMA fighters, boxers, runners... There are vegans and vegetarians in all sports. See the examples in earlier posts in this thread.

Mike Tyson became very fat as a meat eater and after becoming vegan he looks great. Patrik Baboumian, "the strongest man in germany", is also vegan. Nate Diaz, a great MMA fighter and triathlete is vegan as well... Venus Williams is vegan. Carl Lewis, one of the greatest athletes of all time, is vegan and he believes the secret of his success is being vegan.

I know a lot of vegetarians and vegans. They all look better than most meat eaters I know. I do a lot of strength training as well, and I perform better since I stopped eating meat.

Postby vodkadiet

Master Blaster wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Good thread :)

Ali Carter has recently switched to vegan after Ebdon's persistence that it would help his Chrohn's disease. And it has :)

What you put in your body directly affects your health and mood and energy levels.

You're right. But animal protein is best, whey and casein. Athletes, lifters and body builders swear by it and the proof is in their pudding. Yes, beans on toast is wonderful too, plenty of protein but milk/eggs is the most easily synthesised into muscle, which we all depend upon for strength, fitness and health. Red meat/pork is a poor substitute and poorly absorbed, white meat ok for health and fish great for health. Some veg proteins are positively awful; soy has a strong link to cancer, so long term, everything in moderation is the watchword. Except for milk! rofl

Vegetarians are generally pale, ill looking and just ill because they lack the nutrition from animal sources to maintain a healthy immune system. The beans and pulses they eat are great foods that pro cyclists (the fittest of the fit) take on board. But simply omitting a whole food group out of a diet smacks of a nazi obsession rather than common sense.

Animal protein is rubbish. Plant based protein wins hands down. The world's strongest man is Vegan. David Haye is Vegan. There are lots of Vegan bodybuilders. The best diet is a Vegan diet and statistics back this up.

The problem is that people would rather believe a convenient lie than believe an inconvenient truth. I have been Vegan for many years and I am in very good health and fitness. I am in better health than any meat eater of my age.

I didn't become a Vegan for my health, but good health has resulted because of my choice. I am lucky I saw through all the lies of meat and dairy industries.

Postby vodkadiet

Master Blaster

You call omitting a whole food group a Nazi obsession. I will tell you what is a Nazi obsession and that is enslaving animals, torturing and murdering them just for your taste buds. Humans have no right to treat animals the way they treat them The term 'humane slaughter' is an oxymoron. Humans aren't even omnivores. Humans are herbivores. Our digestive tracts are too long to process rotting and decaying animal flesh and dairy clogs up our arteries. Our so called canines are nothing compare to a real canine animal's teeth. I could go on, but I assume you are so blinkered on this subject that there wouldn't be any point.

Postby vodkadiet

Holden Chinaski wrote:There are actually a lot of vegan athletes, Master Blaster. Triathletes, powerlifters, strongmen, MMA fighters, boxers, runners... There are vegans and vegetarians in all sports. See the examples in earlier posts in this thread.

Mike Tyson became very fat as a meat eater and after becoming vegan he looks great. Patrik Baboumian, "the strongest man in germany", is also vegan. Nate Diaz, a great MMA fighter and triathlete is vegan as well... Venus Williams is vegan. Carl Lewis, one of the greatest athletes of all time, is vegan and he believes the secret of his success is being vegan.

I know a lot of vegetarians and vegans. They all look better than most meat eaters I know. I do a lot of strength training as well, and I perform better since I stopped eating meat.

I am pleased you opened your mind to reality Holden Chinaski. Most people's minds just get mangled just by the thought of consuming an animal carcass. They live their whole lives in denial just because they are weak willed.

Postby Master Blaster

Dunno, but he could do with some chicken nuggets after being spanked by an omnivore yesterday.

Proper diet 1, food fascists 0.

A balanced mind with a balanced diet is the way. As recommended by GPs everywhere.

Wilder, Klitschko, Fury, Joshua - not vegan!

Pulses, seeds, nuts and lagumes are great, should be in everyone's diet, but not at the expense of the best proteins around, milk and eggs. Fish is also wonderful for your brain. Chicken/birds is so so, good protein but not as easily synthesized as milk/eggs but ok. Red meat is pretty much a no-no, it's high in complete chain protein but difficult to digest and synthesize, so no point.

Excluding whole food groups only leads to trouble down the line. Get ready for osteoporosis vegans.......

Postby vodkadiet

Master Blaster wrote:Dunno, but he could do with some chicken nuggets after being spanked by an omnivore yesterday.

Proper diet 1, food fascists 0.

A balanced mind with a balanced diet is the way. As recommended by GPs everywhere.

Wilder, Klitschko, Fury, Joshua - not vegan!

Pulses, seeds, nuts and lagumes are great, should be in everyone's diet, but not at the expense of the best proteins around, milk and eggs. Fish is also wonderful for your brain. Chicken/birds is so so, good protein but not as easily synthesized as milk/eggs but ok. Red meat is pretty much a no-no, it's high in complete chain protein but difficult to digest and synthesize, so no point.

Excluding whole food groups only leads to trouble down the line. Get ready for osteoporosis vegans.......

On the whole Vegans live longer and have better health than omnivores. This is a fact. You can choose to continue to live in denial. They are also more compassionate towards other sentient beings. And they are of course, more intelligent.

But by all means cary on living a lie because you cannot resist the taste of an animal corpse. By the way, cow's milk causes prostate cancer....

Choose real food over violence....