Post a reply

Re: Is The Crucible the greatest sporting arena of all time?

Postby Dan-cat

Andy Spark wrote:I've been thinking and I wish to take back some of my comments. I've reflected and concluded that as I've never actually been there I shouldn't say that it's a rubbish place until I've visited. I'm a rationalist, but I'm also enthusiastic about science and science is empiricism, it's about seeing if something actually works. :emb:

Good man :)

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:The cramped nature of the match is what makes it special. The players could sit on the lap of the people in the front row. :D

Yes, but that doesn't mean you have to do it Snookerfan :P

I always hoped Michaela would.

Postby Andy Spark

Dan-cat wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:I've been thinking and I wish to take back some of my comments. I've reflected and concluded that as I've never actually been there I shouldn't say that it's a rubbish place until I've visited. I'm a rationalist, but I'm also enthusiastic about science and science is empiricism, it's about seeing if something actually works. :emb:

Well, I'm still rather sceptical that a small venue which holds fewer than a thousand people is a great venue for the World Championship; but I also thought, to use a physics example, that photons of light could never behave like particles and waves at the same time and yet someone demonstrated that they do.

So I will go to the Crucible with an open mind and see for myself any "magic" it may hold.

Postby SnookerFan

Andy Spark wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Well, I'm still rather sceptical that a small venue which holds fewer than a thousand people is a great venue for the World Championship; but I also thought, to use a physics example, that photons of light could never behave like particles and waves at the same time and yet someone demonstrated that they do.

So I will go to the Crucible with an open mind and see for myself any "magic" it may hold.

Well, you must be right, if you're using physics. rofl rofl

Postby Wildey

Catch22 wrote:The crucible is great when you are in your seat . The atmosphere is brilliant

However the facilities are not good with the tiny snack stands etc ,

i disagree the facilities are fantastic theres a bar a few steps away from your seat and if you want food theres caffe's all over tudor square and beyond.

and the atmosphere all over tudor square and Sheffield is electric

Postby Wildey

Andy Spark wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

god i can feel how special the place is by watching on TV i dont really need to be there to sample the atmosphere moving to a bigger venue would rip the heart out of the championship.