Post a reply

Re: 1000 career centuries. When will Ronnie make it happen?

Postby Andre147

he's already on 28 tons this season, and he's not even played the last event of the season, the Scot Open. If he goes far in there, he could make at least another 5-10 centuries.

I'll tell you what, and I'm making this bold prediction right now: this will be Ronnie's most prolific season in centuries made! I think he's record is something like 53, I think he'll surpass that this season.

Ironic given he played so many matches early on this season without having a single one.

Postby TheSaviour

Dan-cat wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:Ronn is curently at 856 tons. IMO he's definately gonna reach 870 by the end of this season, maybe even 880.

I honestly doubt he'll play that long. I mean till 2020.

Sure he will. What still counts is the estimation on here a years ago that when he would or will be a 65 years old he would or will still be a top-16 player.

Now when thinking about this, Robbo´s 100 centuries in a single season seems an utterly good. Neil has always faired himself really well. Surely he now fancies that red-hot form back. There were times when he learned a lot from Ronnie´s break-building patterns. And gained a great inspiration from there and pulled away. But that won´t necessarily be anymore usefull. Perhaps he should now learn from Judd Trump. I feel Judd and Ding are the two players that should and could take the game now. Some really great results and tournament victories, for sure, yes, but even better should be on a way. Judd especially looks extremely good these days. You can tell he is a great studier of many things, and it has worked really well. Hopefully these two Trumps will keep us delighted from now on. Donald also looks good considering his age. Let´s hope the game will drag Ding and Judd into the adulthood now. I am currently slightly bored about the domination of players b 1975-83. There´s no real reason why Selby should be so much better or even better at all than anyone else, like he currently is. He has a superior confidence which works as a weapon against anybody. Obviously he is anyway a stunning and a stunningly good player. I know things like these because i am as old as Stephen Maguire, and there´s a great difference if you are a 25 or a 35 years old. Ding is basically on a par (or even a better) break-builder than what Ronnie is or has ever been. Ronnie just entertains more. They both have those thick eyebrows of a deep, serious thinkers. Which is great.

And how about Reanne Evans?? SHE has now revealed to be a some joker lol. Some dish was that lol. rofl rofl rofl rofl. Let´s she if she can or fancies to keep on joking....

And Mark King won´t necessarily have to know what sort of a jacka... one of his fan actually is lol. There is no point to risk that he would change something. When I have wrote that some his shot-selections are really hilarious I mean that they are still really good and smart. Just different. Let´s hope he can keep it up. He is by no means a bottler or a choker. He is doing really well. He seems to be a slightly same as me given how he tends to fancy to leave a bit work to do for the future also.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Dan-cat wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:Ronn is curently at 856 tons. IMO he's definately gonna reach 870 by the end of this season, maybe even 880.

I honestly doubt he'll play that long. I mean till 2020.

Maybe we'll be lucky and he'll copy Steve Davis/Jimmy White and play well into his 50's.

Postby Andre147

PoolBoy wrote:Entering the Championship League would certainly give him a great chance!

Can't forget if it wasn't for CL Robbo wouldn't have made the 103 tons in that season... he made 22 alone on CL! Across 5 Groups think it was.

Postby mick745

Whatever records are set it is certain that eventually they will be broken. Who knows how far the snooker standard can be taken? In 100 years time they may be 1000s of players of Ronnie's ability or better. The professional game may become a case of players clearing the table with total clearances in every frame more or less. We just don't know. Frames without centuries may become the exception. People may look back at this era and laugh at the primitive standard just like we do about the 1920s.

Postby Andre147

Yes in 100 years time we may see centuries in almost all frames, which would be a shame because we also need variety.

Ronnie will break the 1000 tons if he plays for 4 more years I think.

Postby Iranu

I think centuries per frames played is a more accurate stat anyway with the huge variation in the number of tournaments.

I'd be interested to see how greatly that list differs from the total number of centuries list.

Postby PoolBoy

Iranu wrote:I think centuries per frames played is a more accurate stat anyway with the huge variation in the number of tournaments.

I'd be interested to see how greatly that list differs from the total number of centuries list.

http://cuetracker.net/Statistics/Centur ... e/All-time

Discounting those players who've, say, not played 1000 frames, then Ding is just ahead of Ronnie as the most prolific century maker.

Postby Sickpotter

The longer a player plays professionally the lower their century average drops.....everyone declines eventually.

Ding has played about half as many frames as Ronnie, he may no longer be ahead once he reaches a similar # of frames played.

I'd like to see what the century rate was for each player based on their first 5000 frames played.

Postby PoolBoy

Talking of 'milestones', I see from the link I posted above that Ronnie has played 9,998 frames as a professional.
He'll join the 10,000 club on Thursday when he plays the 2nd frame in his China Open 'qualifier'.

Only Steve Davis, Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry and John Higgins are in that 'club'!

Postby Cloud Strife

PoolBoy wrote:Talking of 'milestones', I see from the link I posted above that Ronnie has played 9,998 frames as a professional.
He'll join the 10,000 club on Thursday when he plays the 2nd frame in his China Open 'qualifier'.

Only Steve Davis, Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry and John Higgins are in that 'club'!

Surprised someone like Ebdon isn't in that group. He's been around for yonks!

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
PoolBoy wrote:Talking of 'milestones', I see from the link I posted above that Ronnie has played 9,998 frames as a professional.

Surprised someone like Ebdon isn't in that group. He's been around for yonks!

Problem is Ebdon doesn't reach the latter stages of events as often as those 4 did.

In Jimmy's case he's older so not surprised he's in that group.

Postby TheSaviour

I feel after a long and valiant fight this issue is finally solved now. Ronnie has found a nice balance of making a few but nothing ridiculous or daft. So he´s getting there if just having an ambition to keep up playing.

Stephen Lee´s suspension will run until 12 October 2024. If he gets back then he be could be knocking in a few. Now when there isn´t those PTCs anymore I can´t see anyone doing anything that much significant. Again, the one problem is players nowdays being "too expert". I don´t know what would help.. I don´t consider myself to had a success in terms of helping players finding their scoring boots. So I don´t have that much to write about these sort of issues.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Dan-cat wrote:
TheSaviour wrote:I feel after a long and valiant fight this issue is finally solved now.

It will be solved when he makes a 1000 :)

The sooner, the better. He made another ton in the China Open qualifiers, so he now has 860.
He still has to play in the German Masters (where he has a pretty nice draw), World Grand Prix, Welsh Open, China Open and The World Championship.

Worst case scenario: he'll make another 5-10 centuries
Best case: he'll make above 20 and finish the season with around 60 tons. :-D

Even if he doesn't play long enough to make 1000 (let's hope this never happens), it would be nice if he gets at least 900.

Postby TheRocket

Two years ago I thought it aint gonna happen but now there's every chance. In fact it almost seems like a certainty now. You'd think late 2019 or early 2020 will be the moment. If he keeps scoring like he does atm or at least anything close to it it might already happen at the end of next season.

Postby Andre147

It will definately happen now.

Ronnie rightly said it's not as big an achievement as winning Majors and ranking events, but nobody out there can deny that reaching a milestone of 1000 career centuries is something to be proud of.

It's much more of an achievement than Robbo's 103 centuries. To make a 1000 you have to spend a whole career to do it, to make 100 in a season (yes very very difficult) but achievable for players like Trump or Ding for instance.

The 1000 mark will be something very hard to catch, even with the amount of tournaments nowadays.

At this rate Ronnie could achieve it by the end of next season. Either way, it wont take longer than 2 years now.