Post a reply

Re: 1000 career centuries. When will Ronnie make it happen?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Ha I meant 1000! Judd and Selby will both surpass Ronnie's century total by some distance in my opinion. If Ronnie does continue for a few years it might take a while but I doubt Ronnie will hang around with a low ranking getting pummelled by Billy-Jo Castle. Has he ever mentioned retirement?

Postby Dan-cat

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Ha I meant 1000! Judd and Selby will both surpass Ronnie's century total by some distance in my opinion. If Ronnie does continue for a few years it might take a while but I doubt Ronnie will hang around with a low ranking getting pummelled by Billy-Jo Castle. Has he ever mentioned retirement?

Are they scoring at the same rate? I don’t think it’s a given they will reach 1000 at all.

Postby Dan-cat

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Good question Dan and I don't know the rate but I think that Judd and Mr Selby are on four hundred and something. Plenty of time to catch it as they both play more tournaments.

Well they’d have to be in the top echelons of the game for the next ten years at least...

Postby Andre147

Well Judd certainly has failed big time in fulfilling his talent. Only one TC eventwon and that was in 2011. Embarrasing for a player of his calibre.

Trump I think is the one who could beat Ronnie's record, he seems to be scoring more than anyone in the last couple of seasons. But Ronnie will probably end his career with 1200/1300 centuries, so that will take some catching...

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Ha I meant 1000! Judd and Selby will both surpass Ronnie's century total by some distance in my opinion. If Ronnie does continue for a few years it might take a while but I doubt Ronnie will hang around with a low ranking getting pummelled by Billy-Jo Castle. Has he ever mentioned retirement?

Are they scoring at the same rate? I don’t think it’s a given they will reach 1000 at all.

Ronnie's scored the most centuries so far this season. So he's actually increasing his lead over Selby and Trump. And this whilst already having over 400 century lead over them.

Trump might do it, but I don't think he will. Selby's got no chance, imo.

Postby Johnny Bravo

DECLINE !!!

Leaving the jokes aside, IMO only Judd has the chance to beat Ronnie. He's probably had the most centuries in the last 5 years and he's got age on his side.

Selby doesn't stand a chance. Even though he plays in more tournaments than Ronnie, he's only got 5 years more at the top than Ronnie.
Ronnie is now 42 and he probably still has 3 years at the very top, and another 2-3 at a decent level. Given his century stats in the last few years (50 tons in a good season, 30 in a decent one ), he'll probably have 1000+ tons by then. If I had to guess, I'd say he'll retire at 46-47, with around 1100 tons.

Selby is nowhere near as talented and when he'll turn 40, he'll be on the downhill. His century ratio is not as good as Ronnie's, that's another thing worth mentioning. IMO he'll retire with around 8-900 tons.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo wrote:At this moment in time (22 november 2016), Ronnie has 844 tons. He stated he's gonna play in manny events this year, so he'll probably make at least 10-20 more by the end of the season.
I reckon if he continues to play in as manny events in the following years, he'll get to 1000 by 2020.

Johnny Bravo wrote:28 centuries so far this season and there's still more snooker to be played.
IMO if he plays in just as manny tournaments, he'll make around 50 this season, maybe even more. So he'll probably have around 870 after the WC.
Looks like he needs to play another 3-4 years, so I maintain my 2020 prediction.

Looks like my prediction is about to come true :dance2: :D :happy:

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:Ronnie will reach 1000 centuries at the English Open 2019 Round 4 Frame 6 with a break of 107 against Liang Wenbo.

I don't have a time machine. Honest.

Then he declines?

Ronnie won't ever decline.

He should retire after winning the World Championship. In many other sports people have done it.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:Ronnie will reach 1000 centuries at the English Open 2019 Round 4 Frame 6 with a break of 107 against Liang Wenbo.

Then he declines?

Ronnie won't ever decline.

He should retire after winning the World Championship. In many other sports people have done it.

But he won't have 1000 tons by then. Better win 2 WC's and then retire ;-)

Postby The_Abbott

Darn I was 6 months out. That or time has been altered by some event like Matt Selt winning a ranking event. That shouldn't have happened. I'll check the flux capacitor.