Post a reply

Re: Ronnie - is there any way to cheer him up?

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:I think that's the point he is making. Smart does not add any value, and doesn't pretend to do so, unlike Snookerbacker and others of that ilk. Snookerbacker thinks people give a marmite about what he thinks and that his opinion holds any weight whatsoever, it doesn't.

Just because he has his own crappy blog and is able to namedrop a few pros here and there does not make him any different to you, me or Smart.

I guess that's just the nature of the internet. Not everything on it has to add value. I mean we post on a snooker forum, he posts a blog about snooker. None of it has to have any grand meaning.

If you don't want to read his blog or follow him on Twitter, you don't have to. In the same way, you don't have to come on here and talk to us muppets about snooker.

There are countless blogs that I'll never even know exists on the internet. Their kind of easy to ignore.

Agreed. I mean at the end of the day we post on a snooker forum, as you said. We share our opinions and we aren't arrogant enough to think our opinions matter a great deal because they don't.

I guess it grinds my gears abit when I see people like Snookerbacker and Hendon pontificating and putting themselves up on a pedestal. They are fans, nothing more.

Postby SnookerFan

I see what you're saying, it just doesn't really bother me that much.

I kind of like the idea of people creating a blog to write and discuss things they're interested in. Especially when it's something like snooker that gets a lot of bad press for being boring.

On the other hand, I like horror films for example, and have seen people putting up blogs and reviews of horror films that you can get on DVD. I own a gazillion horror movies on DVD, and watch a lot of quite obscure ones. Somebody once said I should give it a go. Blog my thoughts, as I watch them a lot. And I shrugged and said I'm not sure anybody would care what I think. I guess the idea of blogging does lead to a slightly arrogant idea that people are going to be interested in your opinion.

But then so does me posting this on a fourm. All things considered, it don't really bother me. It's nice to see people have passion for stuff, I guess. And writing is a good creative outlet. It's better to show your passion that way, then go out and beat people up in a football match because they support a different team to you, or something like that.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:I see what you're saying, it just doesn't really bother me that much.

I kind of like the idea of people creating a blog to write and discuss things they're interested in. Especially when it's something like snooker that gets a lot of bad press for being boring.

On the other hand, I like horror films for example, and have seen people putting up blogs and reviews of horror films that you can get on DVD. I own a gazillion horror movies on DVD, and watch a lot of quite obscure ones. Somebody once said I should give it a go. Blog my thoughts, as I watch them a lot. And I shrugged and said I'm not sure anybody would care what I think. I guess the idea of blogging does lead to a slightly arrogant idea that people are going to be interested in your opinion.

But then so does me posting this on a fourm. All things considered, it don't really bother me. It's nice to see people have passion for stuff, I guess. And writing is a good creative outlet. It's better to show your passion that way, then go out and beat people up in a football match because they support a different team to you, or something like that.

Yeah I like to know what YOU think about XYZ snooker topic - but I don't think your opinion sways my opinion or that I could not live without knowing your opinion. The feeling I get is that these bloggers feel they are a different breed. They clearly are not. Hendon / Snookerbacker seem to think they are worthy of attention or worthy of being listened to.......

I think not. No more so than you or I. :wave:

Postby Cloud Strife

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I see what you're saying, it just doesn't really bother me that much.

Yeah I like to know what YOU think about XYZ snooker topic - but I don't think your opinion sways my opinion or that I could not live without knowing your opinion. The feeling I get is that these bloggers feel they are a different breed. They clearly are not. Hendon / Snookerbacker seem to think they are worthy of attention or worthy of being listened to.......

I feel like our dear old admin Roland is starting to fall into this trap himself.

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:
Smart wrote:

I feel like our dear old admin Roland is starting to fall into this trap himself.

Who the buck is this mystery man? Is he a figment of your imaginations?

Postby Pink Ball

Smart wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Smart wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I have a blog too :wave: because I'm important

blog or bog :gag:

It's a blog, but it's often been confused for a bog as my posts are grammatically flawed and my opinions are divisive :wave:

your opinions often stink rofl

That's hurtful man.

Postby Smart

Pink Ball wrote:
Smart wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Smart wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I have a blog too :wave: because I'm important

blog or bog :gag:

It's a blog, but it's often been confused for a bog as my posts are grammatically flawed and my opinions are divisive :wave:

your opinions often stink rofl

That's hurtful man.

:-D :wave:

Postby Holden Chinaski

Dan-cat wrote:Maybe Ronnie should join TSF, I reckon the cockwomble would like it there. He's good at trolling tournaments a forum would be a walk in the park for him

Who says he hasn't joined already?

:evilgrin: