Post a reply

Re: I finaly watched The Rack Pack

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Bill was the resident pro when I played in the Harrogate Leisure centre 'A' Team 21 years ago. Never saw him pot a ball. He sat at the bar cracking jokes. Lovely guy.

Didn't he stop watching snooker towards the end of his life, claiming the modern game was boring?

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:a interesting (pardon the pun) Follow up would be to see how Steve Davis coped with the emergence of Stephen Hendry because in the Rack Pack that was the last conversation between Alex and Steve.

A movie about the two most boring players of all time would not be interesting. This one worked because of the charisma of Alex Higgins.

Maybe they should make a film about you. :wave:

they have

DUMBO

Postby Smart

Dan-cat wrote:Someone else mentioned this - the casting of Kirk Stevens was a shambles. He was a charismatic and beautiful ladies' man. The actor who played him couldn't pull my granny.

I am half way thru watching it. Its not bad but not brilliant either. The casting is a huge let down across the board. :-(

Postby Cheshire Cat

Watched it when it came out after the Masters and thought it was surprisingly good. <ok>

The end will stick with me for a long time, where they're all having a laugh at Alex getting beaten by Steve James and then when he's sitting there alone in the arena they all go quiet and no one dares to say a word. Gave me goosebumps. Thought it did a good job of showing that although some of the players weren't particularly fond of him as a person, as fellow professionals they felt for him and could see that he was ruining himself.