Post a reply

Re: Selby chalk holder :limp:

Postby Pink Ball

Smart wrote:rofl rofl rofl rofl

All the dumbasses on this thread are unintentionaly covering up their stupidness with deep, intellectual but ultimately pretentious social commentary.

The smart people haven't missed the point and are discussing a fanny pack chalk holder.

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:
Smart wrote:rofl rofl rofl rofl

All the dumbasses on this thread are unintentionaly covering up their stupidness with deep, intellectual but ultimately pretentious social commentary.

The smart people haven't missed the point and are discussing a fanny pack chalk holder.

rofl rofl rofl

Postby Andre147

Smart wrote:Would he have the bullocks to wear the fanny pack at the Crucible (the Mecca of snooker).....discuss ???

Doubt it, he'd just put his chalk on his waistcoat pocket.

This thread would go mental though if he did it rofl :hyper: rofl

Postby Dan-cat

Ah... the magical word 'banter'. Why didn't you say it earlier. It's only banter, the girl in the video said, as she was racist on the tube.

I pulled a guy up in my radio studio the other day because I asked him how a gig was and he said 'a bit gay. There was no-one there.' He obviously meant 'a bit sh*t.' I agree with you by the way, Selby's chalk holder is a bit sh*t. Please can I be one of the smart ones now?

Sincerely yours,
a pretentious dumbass

Postby Cloud Strife

Smart wrote:Would he have the bullocks to wear the fanny pack at the Crucible (the Mecca of snooker).....discuss ???

He'd get laughed out of the Crucible, laughed out Sheffield and the Chinese would never give him a visa again if he did.

Postby Smart

Cloud Strife wrote:

He'd get laughed out of the Crucible, laughed out Sheffield and the Chinese would never give him a visa again if he did.

:bowdown: :clap: :bowdown: :clap:

Postby Clara8633

Pink Ball wrote:All the dumbasses on this thread are unintentionaly covering up their stupidness with deep, intellectual but ultimately pretentious social commentary.

I wouldn't call repeating the same lame joke over 4 pages "smart".

Postby Pink Ball

Dan-cat wrote:Ah... the magical word 'banter'. Why didn't you say it earlier. It's only banter, the girl in the video said, as she was racist on the tube.

Racially abusing someone = contemptible.

Making fun of someone for wearing a fanny pack = banter.

Though personally, I'm only offended by the easily offended, who are an increasingly prominent breed.

Postby Smart

Pink Ball wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Ah... the magical word 'banter'. Why didn't you say it earlier. It's only banter, the girl in the video said, as she was racist on the tube.

Though personally, I'm only offended by the easily offended, who are an increasingly prominent breed.

:clap:

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:

Think of all the animals you ever heard about
Like rhinoceroses and tigers, cats and mink
There are lots of funny animals in all this world
But have you ever seen a panther that is pink?
Think!
A panther that is positively pink!

Well here he is, the Pink Panther
The Pink Panther
Ev'rybody loves a panther that's pink
He really is a groovy cat
And he's a gentleman, a scholar, he's a acrobat

He's in the pink, the Pink Panther
The rinky-dink panther
And it's as plain as your nose
That he's the one and only, truly original
Panther pink from head to toe
Panther Pink Panther from head to toe!

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Think of all the animals you ever heard about
Like rhinoceroses and tigers, cats and mink
There are lots of funny animals in all this world
But have you ever seen a panther that is pink?
Think!
A panther that is positively pink!

Well here he is, the Pink Panther
The Pink Panther
Ev'rybody loves a panther that's pink
He really is a groovy cat
And he's a gentleman, a scholar, he's a acrobat

He's in the pink, the Pink Panther
The rinky-dink panther
And it's as plain as your nose
Panther pink from head to toe
Panther Pink Panther from head to toe!

:clap: :dance2: :clap:

Postby Dan-cat

Smart wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Smart described Selby's chalk holder as limp-wristed. Would you point at a fella in the snooker club with a chalk holder and say 'that's a bit gay' and do a limp wrist? Sadly, I guess I know the answer.

I'm not offended, it just makes me a bit sad that these stereotypes exist. I guess I'm trying to challenge them, if that's ok with you, amongst the fun we have on here? Maybe I've made you think about calling something a bit gay when it's just a bit rubbish. And I'll happily take your 'oh I'm offended by the easily offended' jibes for that :)

Postby Smart

My personal opinion is that (like Pinkie) I truly believe people are falling over themselves to be offended or aggrieved by absolutely anything nowadays.

There is such a clamour for being PC that big companies introduce "Code of Conduct" and "Ethics training" and encourage staff to report anything (absolutely anything). Banter is frowned upon.

NOT IN MY WORLD

Sense of humour and the ability to laugh both at oneself and with others is vital. Life is hard, and bleak at times. Humour is a precious thing. I truly believe that laughing is something that some people if they knew how would have a totally different life.

I laugh a lot, not just for the sake of it. I find lots of things funny. I'm not mental (you will have to take my word for this), but my attitude is more aligned with old people than the PC young brigade. An old person will state his/her opinion and will not be shouted down cos they earned their right to an opinion.

Nice rant. :wave:

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:ps. How is this not in the Junkyard when my well thought out post about choosing Snookerfan a fvaourite player was put there immediately never to be found? That's what I'm most sore about :)

It's Tramp at the moment viewtopic.php?f=45&t=6148&p=393549#p393553

Christ, what is people's obsession about getting topics thrown into the junkyard? What does it really matter?

I've seen maybe half a dozen posts in this topic already suggesting it should be in the junkyard. For once just let a thread take its natural course.

Postby Clara8633

Smart wrote:My personal opinion is that (like Pinkie) I truly believe people are falling over themselves to be offended or aggrieved by absolutely anything nowadays.

There is such a clamour for being PC that big companies introduce "Code of Conduct" and "Ethics training" and encourage staff to report anything (absolutely anything). Banter is frowned upon.

NOT IN MY WORLD

Sense of humour and the ability to laugh both at oneself and with others is vital. Life is hard, and bleak at times. Humour is a precious thing. I truly believe that laughing is something that some people if they knew how would have a totally different life.

I laugh a lot, not just for the sake of it. I find lots of things funny. I'm not mental (you will have to take my word for this), but my attitude is more aligned with old people than the PC young brigade. An old person will state his/her opinion and will not be shouted down cos they earned their right to an opinion.

Nice rant. :wave:

No one's offended by anything here. Since you admit that people are entitled to express their opinions, you'll understand that a few of us just didn't find the chalk holder incident as hilarious as you, Cloud Strife and Pink did, nothing more than that. I know it was all just harmless banter.

Postby Pink Ball

Dan-cat wrote:
Smart wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Smart described Selby's chalk holder as limp-wristed. Would you point at a fella in the snooker club with a chalk holder and say 'that's a bit gay' and do a limp wrist? Sadly, I guess I know the answer.
)

If I wasn't so difficult to offend, I'd be offended, because I think you are looking down on me or perhaps even suggesting that I may be homophobic.

I will answer your question. It would entirely depend on context. Firstly, if I did, and sometimes I would, it would be meant in jest. Secondly, it would have to be in the company of someone who would see it as such and not take it as an insult. Whether that person would be gay or straight is irrelevant. Most gay people would not immediately become offended. Others would. Same applies to straight people.

I am small. I am also well able to take slagging. When somebody makes a humorous joke about me being small, I do not get offended, and I would probably fire a better insult back at them (also jokingly). If somebody actually 100% meant to put me down for being small, I would be hurt. My brothr is also very small. When he's insulted for being small, he gets extremely hurt, regardless of how obviously in jest it would be. I know never to insult him for being small.

Context is 100% key. I love banter. I will banter about very serious, even troubling things. We need to, or we'd go mad. But it should be clear to most that I am not being serious, and should not be taken as such. Being offended is a choice when it comes to joking. If its meant in seriousness, it's a different matter.
Last edited by Pink Ball on 11 Nov 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
)

If I wasn't so difficult to offend, I'd be offended, because I think you are looking down on me or perhaps even suggesting that I may be homophobic.

I will answer your question. It would entirely depend on context. Firstly, if I did, and sometimes I would, it would be meant in jest. Secondly, it would have to be in the company of someone who would see it as such and not take it as an insult. Whether that person would be gay or straight is irrelevant. Most gay people would not immediately become offended. Others would. Same applies to straight people.

I am small. I am also well able to take slagging. When somebody makes a humorous joke about me being small, I do not get offended, and I would probably fire a better insult back at them (also jokingly). If somebody actually 100% meant to put me down for being small, I would be hurt. My brothr is also very small. When he's insulted for being small, he gets extremely hurt, regardless of how obviously in jest it would be. I know never to insult him for being small.

Context is 100% key. I love banter. I will banter about very serious, even troubling things. We need to, or we'd go mad. I've told jokes about the holocaust. But it should be clear to most that I am not being serious, and should not be taken as such. Being offended is a choice when it comes to joking. If its meant in seriousness, it's a different matter.

Good post mate, and I'm happy you are this way. <ok>

Yes at the end of the day one only gets offended if they really want to be offended, because if said in a humurous way it's all a bit of fun and banter.

This thread wasn't meant to be serious, but I do understand some of the reactions (including mine at first) but then like you say it's all making fun of something Selby wears, calling it gay or whatever, because I also find it a bit silly him wearing that when no one else does.

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
)

Context is 100% key. I love banter. I will banter about very serious, even troubling things. We need to, or we'd go mad. I've told jokes about the holocaust. But it should be clear to most that I am not being serious, and should not be taken as such. Being offended is a choice when it comes to joking. If its meant in seriousness, it's a different matter.

Good post mate, and I'm happy you are this way. <ok>

Yes at the end of the day one only gets offended if they really want to be offended, because if said in a humurous way it's all a bit of fun and banter.

This thread wasn't meant to be serious, but I do understand some of the reactions (including mine at first) but then like you say it's all making fun of something Selby wears, calling it gay or whatever, because I also find it a bit silly him wearing that when no one else does.

Andre :clap:

Postby Dan-cat

Morning you lovelies:)

I was a in a rubbish mood yesterday and I'll tell you why in the spirit of openness. I went out dancing all day Sunday and into the early hours of Monday. I was having a comedown from this fun (ahem). I felt a bit silly this morning for being so uppity. The misuse of the gay word rankles me for personal reasons (gay dad) but this thread wasn't even doing that really. Ironically I teach people in something called inner game - this is building core confidence, mastery of the mind (ego) and its devious tricks, being non-reactive. Lolz... and there I was reacting like a good 'un.

Postby Smart

Dan-cat wrote:Morning you lovelies:)

I was a in a rubbish mood yesterday and I'll tell you why in the spirit of openness. I went out dancing all day Sunday and into the early hours of Monday. I was having a comedown from this fun (ahem). I felt a bit silly this morning for being so uppity. The misuse of the gay word rankles me for personal reasons (gay dad) but this thread wasn't even doing that really. Ironically I teach people in something called inner game - this is building core confidence, mastery of the mind (ego) and its devious tricks, being non-reactive. Lolz... and there I was reacting like a good 'un.

Its all cool bud. We all have off days. <ok>

Postby Pink Ball

Dan-cat wrote:Morning you lovelies:)

Awwww, that's okay Denzel :-)