Post a reply

Re: So...when is Ronnie O'sullivan playing again ?

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
Don't take too much credit of what masterdoctor says about Ronnie pmsl Ronnie might start a match and the first ball he misses he says Ronnie is going to lose the match and has bottled it...

He's the most negative Ronnie fan I've seen so...

But regarding what he said, Ronnie just meant he retired him from that year's WC, not the whole Sport, lol...

rofl

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:when u lose matches such as vs neil at the masters where he missed a simple frame ball, vs stevens he missed the simpliest of yellows to clinch the match, vs murphy virtually matchball missed, let alone the WOGP match and so on it is difficult to remain optimistic after all

It's not a case of being optimistic or not, some losses you just have to acept them. I agree some are harder than others, but we need to move on, and very often you speak about Ronnie like he's some journeyman who has no bottle and hasn't won anything in his career :no:

Him along with Hendry are for me the greatest of all time, and with Ronnie's age you need to accpet he won't win as much as he used to, some losses are very tough to take I know, that Murphy one last season was for me by far the hardest because he was really playing well. When Ronnie insn't playing well his losses dont hurt so much, but when I know he is playing great and has a great chance of wining the whole thing, losing a match on the last black like that one really hurt I tell you, but as I say we move on, we can't be thinking all the time about losses because as I say he's a legend of the sport.

Same goes with Federer for that matter, as much as this US Open loss hurt me, we move on and for me he'll always be the greatest of all time. But don't worry, I feel Ronnie stilll has a few titles left in him, might not be another World Title, but he can surely win 2 or 3 more ranking events. It will be very very interesting to see out of Ronnie and Higgins who will finish their careers with most rankers.

Postby Gridlock

Getting into snookerjust since last crucible, I'veonly seen a small amount of Ronnie play live. In my opinion, there are so many good and upcoming players that could and do open up the sport for new fans.

Postby mantorok

Not expecting much from him this season, but I am looking forward to him winning his last world title in his 40's, and he will do it, he can do pretty much anything when he applies himself.

Postby Andre147

mantorok wrote:Not expecting much from him this season, but I am looking forward to him winning his last world title in his 40's, and he will do it, he can do pretty much anything when he applies himself.

I too think he can, but if he's to do it he has to do it next year or possibly the following 2. Even for Ronnie past 43 or more years old it will be almost impossible for him.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

I'm now at a point where I'm truly accepting Ronnie's status as a semi professional. In the past I was angry or disappointed after Ronnie didn't enter a tournament. Ronnie can change his mind at any time and there are no guarantees any longer that he plays in any tournament (except the Worlds, if he doesn't enter he's retired for good). Ronnie fans have to start to accept that. Ronnie is entering the last phase of his great and long career. It's sad but that's just how it goes. I know that as a fan there are expectations, maybe even demands. But I recommend to Ronnie fans to lower all these expectations because you might end up disappointed if you don't. Forget the Hendry record. That race is run. But that's not a tragedy. I'm more than happy with what he has achieved. I still think he'll do some great things in the sport but even if he doesn't, the 2014 UK victory would be the perfect conclusion of a legendary sporting career.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I'm now at a point where I'm truly accepting Ronnie's status as a semi professional. In the past I was angry or disappointed after Ronnie didn't enter a tournament. Ronnie can change his mind at any time and there are no guarantees any longer that he plays in any tournament (except the Worlds, if he doesn't enter he's retired for good). Ronnie fans have to start to accept that. Ronnie is entering the last phase of his great and long career. It's sad but that's just how it goes. I know that as a fan there are expectations, maybe even demands. But I recommend to Ronnie fans to lower all these expectations because you might end up disappointed if you don't. Forget the Hendry record. That race is run. But that's not a tragedy. I'm more than happy with what he has achieved. I still think he'll do some great things in the sport but even if he doesn't, the 2014 UK victory would be the perfect conclusion of a legendary sporting career.

Absolutely SO, I couldnt have said it better myself. :hatoff:

Too many here, namely cough cough MDG, still think Ronnie should win every tournament he enters. This is the last phase of his career, and like you say even if Ronnie doesnt win anything else, he's already a true legend of our Sport, and like you rightly said that 2014 UK Champs Final was just too perfect to be true, I sometimes still dont believe he won that match <laugh>

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:i will lower my expectations. he will never ever win another tournament, let alone a major title. happy all?

You're from one extreme to the other :chuckle:

But that's better now <ok>

Postby Andy Spark

Hey, you can still get evens on Ronnie not to win any of the big three BBC tournaments this season. (Paddy Power) If you lot REALLY think Ronnie is past his big major winning time then surely that's the bet! ;-)

Just thought I'd flag it up. I actually think it's a good bet.

Postby TheSaviour

And about the other highly controversial player; that Peter Ebdon´s 134 against Shaun in Shanghai was one of those situation where people in the crowds have been known to mutter about being in "tenth heaven" rofl rofl

Postby PoolBoy

I suppose, in an hours time, we'll find out if he's entered the International Championship, when the draw is made!
If he's not in it, then it'll be either the Champion of Champions (in mid-November) or the UK Championships later that same month. Along wait for Ronnie fans!

Postby SnookerFan

PoolBoy wrote:I suppose, in an hours time, we'll find out if he's entered the International Championship, when the draw is made!
If he's not in it, then it'll be either the Champion of Champions (in mid-November) or the UK Championships later that same month. Along wait for Ronnie fans!

Dan-cat wrote:This is so disappointing.

TWITTER ATTACK:

Ronnie O'Sullivan ‏@ronnieo147
Heard a rumour going around that I'm playing The Champions Of champions. Not true

:chin:

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:
PoolBoy wrote:Looks kind of like it'll be the UK next for Ronnie, in a couple of months time.

I don't see it happening somehow...

Whatever he chooses I certainly don't need Ronnie to continue watching snooker... Many great events ahead of us, this Shanghai Masters past week was a great one, I loved it.

P.S. Looks like Ronnie hasn't entered the IC as well, so if he keeps his promisse about not entering CoC, we should only see him back playing at the UK Champs defending his title from last year.
Last edited by Andre147 on 22 Sep 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
Whatever he chooses I certainly don't need Ronnie to continue watching snooker... Many great events ahead of us, this Shanghai Masters past week was a great one, I loved it.

P.S. Looks like Ronnie hasn't entered the IC as well,
so if he keeps his promisse about not entering CoC, we should only see him back playing at the UK Champs defending his title from last year.

Maybe he was supposed to enter, but they forgot to pick his name out of the hat....

Postby Dan-cat

Gridlock wrote:Getting into snookerjust since last crucible, I'veonly seen a small amount of Ronnie play live. In my opinion, there are so many good and upcoming players that could and do open up the sport for new fans.

Watch this masterclass Griddy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34fwoKa9jBo

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:
Gridlock wrote:Getting into snookerjust since last crucible, I'veonly seen a small amount of Ronnie play live. In my opinion, there are so many good and upcoming players that could and do open up the sport for new fans.

That for me was one of the most incredible performances ever. :bowdown:

P.S. If Walden were Robbo though, he would have bothered to pot a red in the last frame like a certain Robbo did against Carter at the Worlds. rofl pmsl

Postby sundaygirl

Dan-cat wrote:

I was there! about 5 seats along from Jimmy White and Ronnie Wood.
I did NOT enjoy it :-( *

* actually I did. It was amazzzzing (though brief)

Postby Andre147

sundaygirl wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

I was there! about 5 seats along from Jimmy White and Ronnie Wood.
I did NOT enjoy it :-( *

* actually I did. It was amazzzzing (though brief)

Yeah if it were the way other round I certainly wouldn't enjoy it aswell, BUT like you I would certainly appreciate what an amazing performance it was.

And you were one of the fortunate ones to witness that Live, something to tell to your grandchildren. :-D